Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #57
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roush428R View Post
I don't know how much 20 grand weighs, but I would guess 5 lbs, so instead of 400 lbs lighter my Roush will be only 395 lbs lighter so that guy better take the back seat out, the spar tire etc..... I'm glad the Camaro is back on the streets as the Challenger is no challenge, this will be fun for all.

Roush428R
Out of curiosity, what was done to offset the weight of the supercharger and intercooler? Does the Roush kit include carbon fiber body panels or have you done your own work on it? I'm not all that familiar with performance kits on Mustangs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roush428R View Post
You Chevy boys want be able to keep up with the Roush after the mods I made this weekend, she now has like 10,000 hp and can really fly.

Roush428R
great shot. Now someones going to have park their Camaro by a rocket or jet.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #58
Roush428R

Drives: 2008 Roush Mustang/1990 Kenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Out of curiosity, what was done to offset the weight of the supercharger and intercooler? Does the Roush kit include carbon fiber body panels or have you done your own work on it? I'm not all that familiar with performance kits on Mustangs.

great shot. Now someones going to have park their Camaro by a rocket or jet.
The weight of the Stage 3 cars which is the base for my 428R has had lighter rims from Roush, GT500 spare tire delete, aluminum suspension parts, machined steel suspension parts, lots of chrome moly parts all of which are lighter than the stamped steel GT parts etc... The body kit which Roush manufactures in house is lighter as well. Roush spent a lot of time in R&D on their cars to optimize suspensions, body kits and motor parts to have minimal impact on the over all weight of the cars right down to the SS Roush Extreme exhaust which is partly why the Roush cars are so expensive. Below is an example of the light parts that Roush uses in the suspension ETC..., and yes the factory rear rotors where painted to match the front to eliminate the rust, even the gauges were put in the vents to save on the weight of gauge pods and yes you still get airflow.
Roush428R

Roush428R is offline   Reply With Quote