Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #15
kelleyperformance

Drives: DD- 15' Chevy SS Sedan
whats all this compensating talk....? long story short, i dont think you fully understand how the PCM works in this vehicle, so please just calm down about all this man
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewberr2ssrs View Post

Let Vararam fight it's own battles....You keep hyping them up to be bigger than the return of Jesus and honestly why is this such a big deal to you? When they come out with their product we'll see how it fairs...I don't doubt that the Vararam will be pretty cool but I don't see why you're trying to argue endlessly when a straight-shooting expert in the field with about 30 years experience is giving his time, effort, and honest opinion on the matter.
well said!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #16
jnewberr2ssrs

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Its not pointless as if it helps you find the best unit for the $ and i don't care what unit it is.
So let me get this straight...Are you now arguing that your arguing is not pointless? lol Is there any end to this madness?

Can someone remind me - why does this remind me of Kindergarten?
"No, you're the big fat doodie head"..."Nu uh...You are!"
Old 10-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #17
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
You got 66 posts on hear and you don't know me from Jo so you can think what you like and i can do the same, But till i see what i want i will say what i want to and i want to see the tail pipe numbers.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #18
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
So if thats the case then the car ran bad with all the intakes. And if that the case then the results would still be the same. I am no expert but I think it was a pretty good test and showed wich intakes had the best gains for that situation. But in all reality, they are all just CAI's and unless you do some major modding then none of it really matters. People are making a huge deal out of all this and 95% of the people that buy a CAI will do it mainly for cosmetic and bragging rights and never even come close to using all of the potential of the product. I say stop trying to convince people wich intake is better and let people decide on thier own.
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #19
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
So let me get this straight...Are you now arguing that your arguing is not pointless? lol Is there any end to this madness?

Can someone remind me - why does this remind me of Kindergarten?
"No, you're the big fat doodie head"..."Nu uh...You are!"
why dos it get you so upset that i want to see the AFR of how the car runs with the CAI's I don't think that is to much to see do you.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #20
kelleyperformance

Drives: DD- 15' Chevy SS Sedan
so now my posts pertain to my knowledge of these motors and cars? i had no idea thats how we rated knowledge and experience around here... i wont post again in here sir, im sorry
Old 10-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #21
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
It not a theories its a fact You dont need to believe me, I see you drag race so you tell me what is best a 9.5 AFM or A 12.5 to one AFM.

This Dyno pull.

Or this one and look at the AFR on the two.

AFM = Active Fuel Management
A/F = ration of Air to Fuel as is 14.7 parts Air to 1 part fuel.

A 9.5 A/F is very rich and is bad as it can wash down the cylinders. But the difference between say 11.8 and 12.4 is not significant in terms of hp gain/lost.

JFYI, stock the Camaro has an A/F that ranges from 10.92 to 11.86 depending on RPM. Most of the gains in a tune come from additional timing not leaning out the A/F.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
A 9.5 A/F is very rich and is bad as it can wash down the cylinders. But the difference between say 11.8 and 12.4 is not significant in terms of hp gain/lost.

JFYI, stock the Camaro has an A/F that ranges from 10.92 to 11.86 depending on RPM. Most of the gains in a tune come from additional timing not leaning out the A/F.
Your right if you had 9.5:1 AFR at light throttle but at WOT it is a moot point and it is more common that most would believe with factory calibrations to protect the cats from melting.

At 12.5 they will melt if held at WOT long enough.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #23
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
So if thats the case then the car ran bad with all the intakes. And if that the case then the results would still be the same. I am no expert but I think it was a pretty good test and showed wich intakes had the best gains for that situation. But in all reality, they are all just CAI's and unless you do some major modding then none of it really matters. People are making a huge deal out of all this and 95% of the people that buy a CAI will do it mainly for cosmetic and bragging rights and never even come close to using all of the potential of the product. I say stop trying to convince people wich intake is better and let people decide on thier own.
I am doing this for me like i said buy what you want.
All i want is to see is this for any one of the CAI and the stock car.( got this from a site you know HP tune.)
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #24
2SSRS@Gen5diy

And at part throttle the car runs at over 14 to 1 and as sone as you go to wot it dropes and we still do not have a number for all the test units.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #25
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Your right if you had 9.5:1 AFR at light throttle but at WOT it is a moot point and it is more common that most would believe with factory calibrations to protect the cats from melting.

At 12.5 they will melt if held at WOT long enough.
That is probably why the stock tune has a "Cat protection mode" and why it comes so rich. But how long is too long at 12.5 at WOT. Couple of 1/4 mile runs, couple minutes etc.? The Camaro and Silverado have no cats but the Hemi and Expedition still do and I have been know to run at WOT for extended(hours) periods of time in Mexico(my Autobahn, lol).
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #26
jnewberr2ssrs

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
why dos it get you so upset that i want to see the AFR of how the car runs with the CAI's I don't think that is to much to see do you.
I didn't say I was upset about you asking for the AFR...But what does throw me off a little bit is why would you argue until you pass out with a stand up guy who has about 30 years of experience with cars and approached the entire testing from an objective and fair standpoint, yet you still claim that you just want the best kit to be identified?

There's a word to describe this but I think it's best to describe this in a metaphor...This seems to me like someone who has been lost in the desert with no food for days and is dying of thirst and hunger and finally finds his way back to civilization and finds a restaurant with it's doors wide open and he goes in and, seeing him in the condition he's in, they bring him their finest big juicy burger and an ice water and the man replies "I hate to be an ass, but why don't you take this back and bring me a Filet Mignon and a mineral water...Thanks"

Seriously where's the beef? lol (haha forgive the pun)...Ha this thread really has become pretty funny
Old 10-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #27
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
AFM = Active Fuel Management
A/F = ration of Air to Fuel as is 14.7 parts Air to 1 part fuel.

You say that it timing, but if you look at the timing that was on the EXCEL, the timing was a bit better on the New Era unit over the Fastlane and it made less HP, but it also had
9 Degrees less temp climb, But it made less power so now what, as i don't under stand that, do you?
And on the Fastlane the KNOCK was a live.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #28
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
I didn't say I was upset about you asking for the AFR...But what does throw me off a little bit is why would you argue until you pass out with a stand up guy who has about 30 years of experience with cars and approached the entire testing from an objective and fair standpoint, yet you still claim that you just want the best kit to be identified?

There's a word to describe this but I think it's best to describe this in a metaphor...This seems to me like someone who has been lost in the desert with no food for days and is dying of thirst and hunger and finally finds his way back to civilization and finds a restaurant with it's doors wide open and he goes in and, seeing him in the condition he's in, they bring him their finest big juicy burger and an ice water and the man replies "I hate to be an ass, but why don't you take this back and bring me a Filet Mignon and a mineral water...Thanks"

Seriously where's the beef? lol (haha forgive the pun)...Ha this thread really has become pretty funny
Why don't you tell me what is so hard to get AFR numbers all this is you wasting time