Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #85
Leolee

Drives: camaro
omg. im gonna have to replace my 2006 chrysler 300 with this new 300! wow very nice, i was thinking the new e-class 550 but this chrysler is nice!
Leolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #86
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
More info on 2011 models

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...er-mpg-comfort

The Jopurney gets the Pentastar V6 with 283 HP, completely new interior and revised suspension tuning and better MPG. The jouney has been a neat vehicle with plenty of neat features and it looks like they are addresing all the areas of complaint against the current Journey.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:10 PM   #87
xs29j8
Hemis, Six Packs, & Wings

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8 & Old Mopars
Also from a thread on Allpar, from a Chrysler internal company posting:

Quote:
Posted Today, 11:47 am

Yesterday the group at Consumer Reports got their first look at 11 new or
refreshed Chrysler products and the response was very encouraging. While
they received some suggestions for improvement, the overall feedback was
extremely positive. In fact by the end of the day, their biggest concern
was our ability to let the public know that we had worked some kind of
miracle and were now making great cars. They were really shocked that the cars were this good and that we could have done so much in the time we had done it.

Some examples of high points:

Chrysler 300 - I feel like I'm in Lexus LS460

Chrysler Town & Country - Both Toyota and Honda have made their 2011 vans worse and you have made yours significantly better. You may have the best van now.

Dodge Avenger (3.6L) - Incredible power/response. Great new interior.

Dodge Challenger (5.7L) - Big improvement in ride, handling, steering. This is now better than the Camaro.

Dodge Charger (3.6L) - Wow this car is quiet, ride and handling very good

Dodge Durango (5.7L) - They found this car to be just as good as the Grand Cherokee and they told us that the Grand Cherokee was the most improved car, generation to generation, that they had ever seen from any automaker. Definitely the best car (Grand Cherokee) that Chrysler has ever made. Durango is a great layout in terms of space and they thought a serious competition to Chevy Traverse/GMC Acadia

Dodge Journey - The Journey was shocking to them, that a car could be
improved that much. Great interior but more so, the driving experience.
Dave Champion got out and said "Amazing, I would never have said this
before, but I could see myself driving that car".

Jeep Patriot - Good steering and ride and handling is improved. ESC system retuning was confirmed to be effective on lane change maneuver. I think we will talk them into buying a Compass on the style change and they will re-evaluate the chassis dynamics which will apply to the Patriot as well.

Jeep Wrangler - Obvious that interior was a big improvement. They drove and clearly recognized the NVH improvements. They will probably wait for the new V6 engine before repurchasing.

Fiat 500 (sport model) - Recognized the improvements over the EU spec
vehicle for ride and NVH. Mixed opinion but some felt the sport model rode
a little stiff. They would like to feel the Pop or Lounge model.
Keep in mind this is from Chrysler LLC, not direct quotes from Consumer Reports... We will have to see what they say when they put it to "paper"... Still, along with other independent sources saying similar things about the MY 2011 upgrades, it does sound promising!

XS
Old 09-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #88
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs29j8 View Post
Also from a thread on Allpar, from a Chrysler internal company posting:

Keep in mind this is from Chrysler LLC, not direct quotes from Consumer Reports... We will have to see what they say when they put it to "paper"... Still, along with other independent sources saying similar things about the MY 2011 upgrades, it does sound promising!

XS
Interesting. CR rarely likes anything domestic. Then again, like you said ... a website who sourced an internal Chrysler message that got a series of remarks from CR. Anyone who has played the telephone game knowns what can happen as a message gets passed along.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #89
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
I think it's painfully obvious that what I say is true. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant of the facts or deluding themselves due to irrational logic and bias.
:troll:
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #90
xs29j8
Hemis, Six Packs, & Wings

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8 & Old Mopars
Chrysler posts a 61% sales increase, topping 100,000 vehicle sales for the first time in a while. Unfortunately, a high percentage of their sales are trucks which are more vulnerable to spikes in fuel prices...

Quote:
Chrysler Group LLC continued its sales growth with a 61 percent increase last month -- selling 100,077 vehicles -- for the largest increase among the six major carmakers. This brought the year-to-date gain to 15 percent after six consecutive months of improvement for the Auburn Hills automaker, which started the year with little new product to entice consumers.
Quote:
At Chrysler, the automaker is gaining more buzz with 16 all-new or refreshed vehicles to be introduced by year-end. The first one out, the new 2011 Grand Cherokee, has received positive reviews, and its sales were up 98 percent from August, up 95 percent compared with September 2009 and are up 21 percent for the first nine months.
"We will continue to build sales momentum this fall as a slate of new product begins arriving in our dealerships," said Fred Diaz, head of Chrysler's U.S. sales. "Consumers soon will be able to see more of our all-new and significantly refreshed vehicles in our dealerships."
The new 2011 Chrysler 200, which replaces the Sebring, and the new Dodge Durango sport-utility vehicle go on sale this quarter, as well as upgraded versions of the Jeep Patriot and Wrangler, Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan minivans, and the Dodge Charger and Avenger.

Link to full article:

http://detnews.com/article/20101001/...429/1148/rss25

XS