Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #43
2010Camaro2LTRS
$4,000 To Go!!!

Drives: 93 Z28
YES!!! OMG!!! YES!!!
2010Camaro2LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #44
Camarofan69
The Autoglass Guy

Drives: 1969 SS 396, 1969 SS , 2010 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
I'm really looking forward to the YANKO convertiable!!
Yenko never did a convertible.
Camarofan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #45
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Who's new to this?
I think he was reffering to those people that buy muscle cars just to be seen in them and end up driving 5 miles under the speed limit everywhere they go...and if thats so i give him two giant thumbs up on that one, a lot of muscle car owners have lost touch with what a muscle car is and it sickens me...i mean i get it, they're 30 years old and kinda rare now, yeah, but dont forget they're still performance cars built for one specific reason, to be driven and driven hard, i dont care how rare or expensive your car is you just dont cage that bird man...
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #46
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I think he was reffering to those people that buy muscle cars just to be seen in them and end up driving 5 miles under the speed limit everywhere they go...and if thats so i give him two giant thumbs up on that one, a lot of muscle car owners have lost touch with what a muscle car is and it sickens me...i mean i get it, they're 30 years old and kinda rare now, yeah, but dont forget they're still performance cars built for one specific reason, to be driven and driven hard, i dont care how rare or expensive your car is you just dont cage that bird man...
Exactly
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #47
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
The only difference is, you wreck a 30 year old+ classic and you cant just get a new one or have insurance fix it for ya. Also a lot of people put years of work and have childhood memories in them. I agree with what you are getting at but I don't knock someone driving carefully in a 1967 fully restored Camaro..
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #48
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
The only difference is, you wreck a 30 year old+ classic and you cant just get a new one or have insurance fix it for ya. Also a lot of people put years of work and have childhood memories in them. I agree with what you are getting at but I don't knock someone driving carefully in a 1967 fully restored Camaro..
On my old cars I have hagerty's they will actually pay for what the car is worth and repair it where as state farm will only give you what they think its worth
Old 10-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #49
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I hate how people are whoring out names these days just to make a buck. It's not a Yenko and it will never be a Yenko! It's like all these Pretty Boys wearing their "Ed Hardy" clothes. They have no idea who Ed Hardy was or what he stood for. Yenko is rolling over in his grave.
FYI, the owner of the company who bought the Yenko rights owns an original Yenko Camaro, grew up in Detroit during the muscle car era, and is a muscle car enthusiast...so these could be quite good. Bottom line: if they help sell more Camaros and keep the breed alive then it is a good thing.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #50
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
On my old cars I have hagerty's they will actually pay for what the car is worth and repair it where as state farm will only give you what they think its worth
That's much better then just the "what its worth" then. Anyway I would rather have fun in a muscle car then just look good in it, so I do agree.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #51
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ View Post
FYI, the owner of the company who bought the Yenko rights owns an original Yenko Camaro, grew up in Detroit during the muscle car era, and is a muscle car enthusiast...so these could be quite good. Bottom line: if they help sell more Camaros and keep the breed alive then it is a good thing.
I sure hope so. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. The Yenko name is so legendary I'd be afraid to take this on. More power to him. I hope he sells 100k of them!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #52
Vega

See i was pretty shocked when people started talking this down, i mean dont forget that CARS company is reproducing official 69' Yenko Camaros out of Dynacorn bodies and people didnt knock on them nearly as much...this just kinda took me by surprise haha

As for my other discussion, i mean i can understand if you have a car with unique historical significance (like the very first Z/28 ever made or something) but just a 69' SS Chevelle or somethin, i mean come on even if its in good condition drive that mofo! LOL...actually this reminds me of an interesting story i just learned about, the ZL1 69' Corvettes, apparently there are three known to exist today, two are in collections and never driven at all and one is actually still used by a racer as a circuit race car (engine was swapped with another 427 to protect the originality) but still, there's one of the rarest muscle cars out there and its being raced on a circuit haha, more power to him!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #53
1320junkie

Quote:
See i was pretty shocked when people started talking this down, i mean dont forget that CARS company is reproducing official 69' Yenko Camaros out of Dynacorn bodies and people didnt knock on them nearly as much...this just kinda took me by surprise haha

As for my other discussion, i mean i can understand if you have a car with unique historical significance (like the very first Z/28 ever made or something) but just a 69' SS Chevelle or somethin, i mean come on even if its in good condition drive that mofo! LOL...actually this reminds me of an interesting story i just learned about, the ZL1 69' Corvettes, apparently there are three known to exist today, two are in collections and never driven at all and one is actually still used by a racer as a circuit race car (engine was swapped with another 427 to protect the originality) but still, there's one of the rarest muscle cars out there and its being raced on a circuit haha, more power to him!
CARS works on all of my classics..matter of fact I was just up there the other day here are some pics of one of my cars from in front of their building.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49690
Old 10-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #54
gatorblue camaro

Drives: 10 2ss/rs abm camaro
this to me is a way to steal some of the roush fans. with stage one mostly appearance but some performance stage two is better and stage three is the one you want but cant afford well at least most of us. and yenko isnt selling out gm and who ever needed a good name for people to trust and not mind spending more money than doing the upgrades themselves. still wouldnt mind having one tho
gatorblue camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #55
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
CARS works on all of my classics..matter of fact I was just up there the other day here are some pics of one of my cars from in front of their building.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49690
True Dat!!

If I had the money I'd buy a Yenko Continuation car from CARS because it is as close as you could come to an exact replica of the REAL thing before I'd spend 80k on yet another 2010 TVS 2300 blower car. I just wish they weren't 130k, but there is a lot of handwork in those cars that the 69's didn't have and I realize why perhaps they cost that much
Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #56
Vega

wow...continuation Yenkos are okay but Yenko Yenkos are just trademark rip offs, LOL, i think ive heard everything xD

I do agree with the blower thing though, im tired of this supercharging craze, i much preffer n/a cars, id like to see an LS7 Yenko, it'd be much more appealing to me and itd be an amazing shout out to the originals