Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
WhiteCamaroRs
"Public Enemy"

Drives: White 2012 2LT/RS Camaro
Oracle lights issue

Hey guys, I installed oracle colorshift 2.0 headlight halos, fog light halos, two strips of 2ft long led strips for grill lighting, and four 1ft long led strips for footwell lights about a month ago and have had no problems at all with them so far until now. The red green and blue wires of the fog light halos, headlight halos, and grill lights were all hooked up normally to the control box except for the black power wire which is hooked to an on/off switch (in case I ever see a cop and need to shut off the front fast). The four footwell lighting strips are hooked up to the box normally. So my problem is this: whenever I turn the power off to everything on the front the red of the footwell strips acts up and turns a weird tomato color instead of the rich, deep red it was while the front lights were on. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? It worked fine for a month, but just now started acting up
WhiteCamaroRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
check your connections and try changing the switch it could cause an issue if internally its going bad
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
WhiteCamaroRs
"Public Enemy"

I redid all the connections, and got a new switch, and none if these have helped. I know the red is a ground wire leading from the halos to the control box. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the fact that I ground the box and the switch to the same ground point, but I'm not sure. It makes no sense to me
Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
It makes perfect sense to me - its oracle. Unfortunately, not much you can do to change that part :(
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
WhiteCamaroRs
"Public Enemy"

I think I'm just going to rewire the switch to the main power source for the control box. That way if I ever see a cop I can just flip the switch in a second instead of fumbling around for a remote and waiting for it to turn off (it dims to off, it's not instantaneous)

Tags
electrical, halos, oracle, switch