Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #57
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
awesome pics....i'm truly jealous that you are wearing shorts and a shirt, driving your rides while us northerners are still bundled up and cars in the garage
Old 01-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #58
IOM-SS

Drives: 2010 SS RS 2G1FT1EWXA9163596
Cali weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue 2010 Camaro View Post
awesome pics....i'm truly jealous that you are wearing shorts and a shirt, driving your rides while us northerners are still bundled up and cars in the garage
We are lucky here in California re: the weather on the most part is mild. Thank you for the compliment about the pic's been shooting pic's for a few years enjoy.
IOM-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #59
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
That belongs to me.

The stripes are painted on and they are done in a older GM color. I believe the color is called Mystic Sapphire Pearl - it actually has a pearl coat over the blue. It gives it nice golden color when the sun hits it just right.
You know. That was my idea for my stripes since before I got my car.
I was just going to do different style stripes. But I never did, and probably won't now.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought about it.
It looks great.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #60
Gonzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
You know. That was my idea for my stripes since before I got my car.
I was just going to do different style stripes. But I never did, and probably won't now.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought about it.
It looks great.
I am glad to hear you like it.

When I got my car, I wanted stripes, but something different from what GM offered. I looked online for some ideas, and decided that I wanted painted stripes that extended beyond just the hood and past the mail slot. I also wanted it to extend past the rear spoiler and onto the back of the trunk lid.

It took me about 2 months to decide on the color. You would not believe some of the colors I went through before deciding on the final color. I decided that i wanted it to be something different, subtle, but also popped. I also wanted I color that I could reproduce if i ever needed to repaint it.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #61
IOM-SS

Stripes

Quote:

When I got my car, I wanted stripes, but something different from what GM offered. I looked online for some ideas, and decided that I wanted painted stripes that extended beyond just the hood and past the mail slot. I also wanted it to extend past the rear spoiler and onto the back of the trunk lid.

It took me about 2 months to decide on the color. You would not believe some of the colors I went through before deciding on the final color. I decided that i wanted it to be something different, subtle, but also popped. I also wanted I color that I could reproduce if i ever needed to repaint it.
Nice I am now thinking about having stripes painted on my Camaro. May be Chevrolet Bow Tie Blue with ton's of Meatallic & Clear Coat then paint the Calipers the same color??? Or GM Cyber Grey Metallic.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #62
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #63
JoeFire

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Transformers Edition
Nice pictures guys. It's great to see that the old school and new school mixes so well.

2010 2SS/RS Transformers Edition w/ sun roof. Delivered 7 Dec 2009

2012 Transformers bumper vinyl| Rear tire vent vinyl by SLP|Airaid CAI|Kooks headers w/ high flow cats, Borla S type cat back| Customized tune from Lew, Dyno'd 421HP and 375TQ at 4600' and 82ºF
JoeFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #64
mickandkimmie
So-Cal Race Team

Drives: 2014 2SS RS & 2013 Jeep Wrangler
I'm in love with the stripes on your car.

Quote:
That belongs to me.

The stripes are painted on and they are done in a older GM color. I believe the color is called Mystic Sapphire Pearl - it actually has a pearl coat over the blue. It gives it nice golden color when the sun hits it just right.

Thanks for sharing....I couldn't take my eyes off the stripes on your car in Temecula.
mickandkimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #65
mickandkimmie
So-Cal Race Team

Drives: 2014 2SS RS & 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Great pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM-SS View Post
I own the 2010 2SS RS IOM-IO with the Chrome Rim's. Will take more photograph's tomorrow post them for you.

I exchanged the Original Stock Polished Aluminum Wheels for the Chrome Wheels last October. Here is the link to there web site. Anne is the manager really great person to do business with.

Either way if you choose Chrome/Painted have your tires filled with Nitrogen. Air has moisture your rims will eventually rust from the inside out. 2 steps to follow; let the air out of the tires fill with Nitrogen. Purge again fill the tires to the correct pressure. You will find that over a period of time you will only lose a few pounds with your tires filled with Nitrogen. I was losing 4-6 pounds a week with air.

http://www.oemrims.com/

It was a pleasure meeting you on Sunday. My husband and I drove up with you starting at Carls. I couldn't stop staring at your chrome wheels the whole day. Very nice!

We agree with you about the nitrogen...what a difference!
mickandkimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #66
IOM-SS

Chrome Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickandkimmie View Post
It was a pleasure meeting you on Sunday. My husband and I drove up with you starting at Carls. I couldn't stop staring at your chrome wheels the whole day. Very nice!

Thank you for the compliments. Have known for some time, I follow Indy Car racing they use Nitrogen in their tires NASCAR also. Take care.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #67
IOM-SS

Chrome Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickandkimmie View Post

If you are interested in purchasing Chrome Rims for your Camaros here is the link. I paid just under $800 USD with exchange. Anne is great to deal with very helpful. I would ask if you could get a discount for two cars if you are planning to install them on both Camaro's.
OEM Rim's location is just North of Angel Stadium/Katella east of State College. It is located in an Industrial area on Holloway.

http://www.oemrims.com/

Thank you for the compliments. Have known for some time tires fill with Nitrogen is more stable than air, I follow Indy Car racing they use Nitrogen in their tires NASCAR also. Take care.

IOM-SS
Old 01-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #68
BowTieDrifter
selling nissan for a 2SS

Drives: 95 Nissan 240sx fully drift prepped
i can walk to pachenga in 5 minutes, and i had no clue about this!!! i will watch the socal region forums more closely now for sure! still dont have my camaro but its going to happen soon! would have been nice to meet some locals i see driving around here and sd. next time for sure...
BowTieDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #69
IOM-SS

see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieDrifter View Post
i can walk to pachenga in 5 minutes, and i had no clue about this!!! i will watch the socal region forums more closely now for sure! still dont have my camaro but its going to happen soon! would have been nice to meet some locals i see driving around here and sd. next time for sure...
see you at the next one
Old 01-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #70
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:

I know exactly what you mean.
i went through the same.
I never thought it would be so hard to match IBM with another blue.