Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
RickG7P

Drives: 2015 1SS RRM M6
My Detail W/ Adam's Essentials Detail Kit (Updated 03/09)

Adam's dealer Bruce Papp got me the Essentials kit, paint glaze, and some accessories for a great price Bruce is located in Northridge, CA and I recommend you look him up if you live in proximity. He drove up in a sweet yellow C5.

I can't detail my ride yet cause it's gonna rain tomorrow , but I will post pics of the process in this thread when I get it started

Here's Bruce's info:

Bruce C. Papp
Northridge, CA
818-621-1423
Bruce4Adams@hotmail.com

Last edited by RickG7P; 03-09-2015 at 10:30 PM.
RickG7P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Bruce is a top notch dude... know him very well and have spent time with him on more than one occasion. Couldn't ask for a nicer guy to do business with.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:37 PM   #3
RickG7P

Welp it was still raining a little off and on today here so gotta wait some more. I'm thinking I will wash my car with dish soap on Thursday since I got a full schedule until then. I want to get all the Meguiar's Gold wax off before I clay bar it. The Gold wax is good but I expected it to blow me away. Here's the Adam's products I have to work with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Bruce is a top notch dude... know him very well and have spent time with him on more than one occasion. Couldn't ask for a nicer guy to do business with.
He's a nice guy and always on the ball that's for sure! I couldn't agree more.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:00 PM   #4
RickG7P

I will detail my car and post pics of the process Sunday. A busy work week and rain has kept me from even using my new kit UGH! It's gonna rain tomorrow and maybe even a little on Sunday but I'm going to detail anyway. My car is filthy and my OCD is taking over haha. We'll see how these products work on RRM
Old 03-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #5
RickG7P

Part 1: Engine Bay Cleaning

So here's my dirty Camaro I can't wash because the storm clouds are now coming in

So I cleaned my wheels right quick with some crappy Arm & Hammer wheel cleaner I need to use up(sorry no pics). After that I cleaned my engine bay with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner. Here's the dirty engine bay:

I covered the fuse box and my air intake to prevent any possible water from getting into them.

Here's the pic after I scrubbed, rinsed, and dried.

I gotta say it worked out pretty well! I've never washed the inside of an engine bay before, but now I feel pretty comfortable about it. I plan on washing, claying, sealing, glazing, and waxing this baby when the weather permits. To be continued.....

Last edited by RickG7P; 03-01-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:22 PM   #6
Edlocs
IECC

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Looks good . How did you cover the cold air intake? Did you remove the air filter first? I want to wash my engine bay but I have a CAI without the cover and I don't want water getting into it.
Mods: CAI Intake, Eibach Springs and Sway bars, Clear Bra, Borla Sport Catback, AAC Side Markers, DJG Phantom Hidden Headlight Grille, Suncoast Creation Functional Hood, Anvil Notched Spoiler, Custom Painted Stripes, Mail Slot Delete, 3D Carbon Fender Vets
Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #7
RickG7P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edlocs View Post
Looks good . How did you cover the cold air intake? Did you remove the air filter first? I want to wash my engine bay but I have a CAI without the cover and I don't want water getting into it.
Thanks. I just covered it with a chamois. I also made sure the MAF was covered so it didn't get water logged either. It's really easy and more nerve racking in the beginning but not a big deal at all.

Weather looks good the rest of the week so I might have time to do the rest of the car tomorrow
Old 03-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #8
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Did you dilute the APC? If so 1:1?
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:28 PM   #9
RickG7P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Did you dilute the APC? If so 1:1?
No I didn't dilute it. I wanted to see how good a job it did straight from the bottle. I might next time though.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #10
RickG7P

Update!!

So yeah man Adam's paint sealant and brilliant glaze is the real deal! Check it out!! Should have taken more pics over the weekend but all in all it took me about 6-7 hours. I did the shampoo, followed by VRT on all the plastic and wheel wells, then the paint sealant, and finally brilliant glaze. Did it all by hand using the hex grip foam applicators. I decided not to polish yet since the paint aint too bad at the moment(still new). Next weekend I may have to do a wash + buttery wax and post some more pics!

Of course when I walked outside after work today it's got a nice thin film of dust Time for a car duster I suppose.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:34 PM   #11
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Thanks man. I've heard APC can be harsh on certain things so was concerned with doing the engine bay. I really need to get it cleaned as I've had the car for going on 4 years and haven't touched it once.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote