Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Auto Shows / Events

Old 01-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
NAIAS: I came, I saw, I sat.

I did a photodump on a new Flickr account, URL is below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34466551@N04/

I also have some video of the show, mostly touring the floor Blair Witch style. All in all I enjoyed myself immensely, so much so that I killed the battery on my phone. ;_; So, in the end I never got a chance to film much of the basement.

But:
-I rode the test track in the basement hitching a ride on a new 2 Mode Vue. Very nice vehicle for the times.
- The show this year could be considered spartan, but this actually proved to be more of a good thing than a bust, as there was MUCH more room to move around and check out all of the cars.
- Usual players were there, very nice vehicles all around, but I preferred and actually felt more comfortable and welcome in the Domestic section (It was the people that sold it for me).
- Got a sit down demonstration in an Edge of the Sync system. On top of the SYNC itself, they're going to use the interfaces on the vehicle to function in almost a cloned fashion to Onstar. Though, this program has a monthly fee, and unlike Onstar with GM, is not on all Ford vehicles.
- Black, Silver RS and Red SSRS were available to see.

ONTO THE SS/RS

- Very nice fit and feel for a 240lb man of 5'10". Was not crampt at all, did not have to move the seat all the way back.
- Feel of the shifter is phenomonal. Very smooth and you can feel it engage.
- HURST offered on a Challanger demo was clunky at best.
- Seats were somewhat chinsy, no real improvement over current domestic leather offerings. I see them wearing out around 70K miles.
- Dash and other materials were humdrum, but better than most. Nothing you haven't seen on an '08-'09 Malibu.
- Ford also presented some of their chinsy tack-on things for the new Mustang. Camaro wins hands down over the Mustang and the MOPAR offerings. (Yuck gaudy giant ass hood scoop on one Chally)
- All in all, I'd think the interior has room to improve over time, but I would stay away from the leather..

Also:
-March 16 is confirmed for the release, much to the confusion of the man presenting the vehicle when I heard him conversing with some of the other GM PR people present. (Wasn't sure if he was allowed to say that methinnks)
-General reception was BATSHIT INSANE! That thing had a consistent line from 9:00AM until 2:30 when I left JUST TO SIT IN THE CAR.
- I'd call that corner "Camaro-Con" if it had to be named.. geeks and shop talkers all over the place.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
cool pics.

Tags
auto show, camaro, moon roof, naias, ssrs