Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
VoodooVyper

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
Ordering my first Camaro

Hey everyone, first post here.

I've been researching Camaros and have decided I am going to purchase one. Going through the trims, I found that the 2LS was ok for my needs, but I hated the wheels. I have chosen to go with the 1LT IBM w/ Silver Stripe and Black/Silver interior. I chose not to go with the RS package as the 20's won't serve as a proper all-season wheel (I live in New England). While the halo headlamps are nice, I see them as a future separate purchase. The body colored accents and darker tail lights are not important to me either. Unless there is something else included in this package, I think I'm better off saving the $1,900.

I've been lurking on the forums here for a couple days while my account pended authorization, and I see that the general rule of thumb is to ask for the invoice price. It seems more likely to happen if I order the car (which I intend to do).

I will be trading in my current vehicle which is a 2005 Mazda 3i Sedan (Touring Edition) in good condition (dent and paint scrape on front bumper/panel). I also intend on financing and making a sizable down-payment ($10k-15k). My budget is $28k but would much rather pay closer to $25k. Is this possible?

I am fishing for tips in terms of the process of buying the car. I purchased my Mazda off the lot, it was a dealer demo. So I am somewhat familiar with the process. I've never heard of invoice pricing until I looked on this forum and as mentioned, I will be ordering this vehicle. Are there any general tips for my current situation that would weigh in my favor?

The Chevy website still only has 2011 models available to build and customize. According to an email response, the new 2012 models are set to be updated today. As of now, I don't know if there are any major differences in terms of what's included with the various trims, or any major price differences from 2011 to 2012.

This forum seems like it has great, helpful members. If I am not asking the correct questions, please point me in a different direction. I'm excited about this purchase as I am about becoming an active member.

Last edited by VoodooVyper; 10-14-2011 at 02:12 AM.
VoodooVyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Invoice or less if you can get it. NEVER PAY STICKER.

The website is updated you can build and search inventories on the 2012s.

Financing can go as low as 2.5% Depending on length of term. I would also check with you bank and not go with just the dealer financing.

Good Luck.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
Archontruth

Drives: 2012 1LT Coupe
Having just taken delivery of a 1LT myself, you're going to be closer to 28k than 25k unless you're getting no options at all. PatsRS is correct that you should try to push them a few hundred below inventory, but even then, after options, tax, title, etc it's going to get close to 30,000 even with relatively few options.

Delivered 10/7/2011
Archontruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
One other thing to note, not sure how it is in your state, but I saved sales tax with my trade. they deducted the value of the tax for the value of the trade. Saved me $1500.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
VoodooVyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsRS View Post
One other thing to note, not sure how it is in your state, but I saved sales tax with my trade. they deducted the value of the tax for the value of the trade. Saved me $1500.
Yes, this will help. Sales tax in MA is 6.25%. Good to know!

Side question: Which stripe looks better with the grey and black interior? Silver or cyber grey? (In your opinion)
Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
Picked my car up about a week ago, but was in a similar boat as you. I had a trade and down payment total about 13K and I ordered the car from the factory and negotiated invoice pricing at that time. Just make sure you get it in writing and get the order number before you leave the dealership. I know they get the number as soon as they order during the week, but not sure about weekends.
Witchdoctor92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
VoodooVyper

Say hello to the proud new owner a 1LT! Got the automatic IBM w/ Cyber Gray stripe with the convenience and connectivity package for $29,500. That includes fees and tax. Didn't get my order number right away though, the rep said it could be a few days.

Last edited by VoodooVyper; 10-10-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
Run4two

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Transformer Edition
Congrats and welcome!!

Jim
Run4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Drives: 2012 CTH 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Say hello to the proud new owner a 1LT! Got the automatic IBM w/ Cyber Gray stripe with the convenience and connectivity package for $29,500. That includes fees and tax. Didn't get my order number right away though, the rep said it could be a few days.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Current mods: CAI intake, catback exhaust upgrade
Future mods: too many to list

Tundra CrewMax SR5, TRD, 5.7L V8, 2" Lift, 381 HP; 401 ft lb
bumblebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #10
VoodooVyper

Help! I placed the order for my Camaro but want to change the stripe color. I want Silver Ice Metallic stripe with IBM exterior but my sales rep said that stripe package isn't available with IBM... Is this true?
Old 10-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
swagled

Drives: Y2000 Olds Intrigue
I hope your dealer is on the up-and-up and gets you the order number within a few days. There have been too many people before on here, who were fed BS by the salesman while the dealership is on hold for orders.
swagled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #12
VoodooVyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagled View Post
I hope your dealer is on the up-and-up and gets you the order number within a few days. There have been too many people before on here, who were fed BS by the salesman while the dealership is on hold for orders.
I was afraid of this at first. I went in knowing I should receive the order # right after, but I ordered on Monday (Columbus Day). The order was put through the following day but I didn't receive the # until today.

I was able to get the Silver stripe and also added the RS package to it today as well. The order tracking doesn't reflect these additions (the RS package anyways). I'm not too concerned yet since I just did it today, but hopefully I see it soon.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #13
VoodooVyper

Quick question; I see a lot of members with sigs that have status codes for their order and dates associated with them. Aside from inquiring in the tracking thread, is there some other way of obtaining the status code other than asking for an update every day?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #14
shaggy1
The thin blue line

Drives: 2012, 2SS/RS,LS3,IOM/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Quick question; I see a lot of members with sigs that have status codes for their order and dates associated with them. Aside from inquiring in the tracking thread, is there some other way of obtaining the status code other than asking for an update every day?

Yes,.... Try this,... www.camarotracking.com just enter your order number
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote