Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
BLov11

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 1LT
Lambo/Vertical Door question

I am going to get a set of Lambo/Vertical doors for my 2011 Synergy Green Camaro and have been doing a little research but would like some fellow Camaro owners opinons on this. I would like those of you that know about these to let me know what you think of the following distributors and why I should choose them or not choose them.

1. Vertical Door Inc
2. Scissor doors Inc
3. Dream Car Creations. who claim there is no need to remove fenders.

Thanks; Brian
BLov11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
I can't tell you about the others, but I have vertical doors inc hinges. They have been in great shape even after a year or so. They also come with a lifetime warranty which is nice.

I would recommend their products after seeing how good it turned out on mine.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
BLov11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
I can't tell you about the others, but I have vertical doors inc hinges. They have been in great shape even after a year or so. They also come with a lifetime warranty which is nice.

I would recommend their products after seeing how good it turned out on mine.
Thanks ihaveacamaro, I have been leaning towards using that brand due to previous reads. I have also found them at www.andysautosport.com for 1299.99 and they also have a coupon for 250 off of that. I called VDI direct the other day and they said that they would match that price as well so I am looking to see where I can get them at the lowest price.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I can't recall exactly, but I know some of our local members have gone with Vertical Door Inc.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
blov i can tell you the best and only way to go is vdi. what alot of people dont know is that vdi holds all the patents to vertical doors kits. they are the most reliable kits on the market. they bolt of with easy and function even easier. i have a kit on my car for almost a year and a half and not one issue at all. i have a brand new kit for sell in the parts for sale http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247778
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
blov i can tell you the best and only way to go is vdi. what alot of people dont know is that vdi holds all the patents to vertical doors kits. they are the most reliable kits on the market. they bolt of with easy and function even easier. i have a kit on my car for almost a year and a half and not one issue at all. i have a brand new kit for sell in the parts for sale http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247778
OP, 925 shipped is a pretty good deal too. I don't think any company will match that.

I got INSANELY lucky and found one for 550 shipped, but that was one in a million.

Since then, I have seen 750 up. But again in about 10 ads, the lowest was 750. The average tends to be around 1000 if it's a private seller, and about 1200 if ebay or online.

Good luck, VDI makes a good kit and I wholeheartedly recommend them

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
BLov11

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
I may be in touch soon.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
BLov11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
OP, 925 shipped is a pretty good deal too. I don't think any company will match that.

I got INSANELY lucky and found one for 550 shipped, but that was one in a million.

Since then, I have seen 750 up. But again in about 10 ads, the lowest was 750. The average tends to be around 1000 if it's a private seller, and about 1200 if ebay or online.

Good luck, VDI makes a good kit and I wholeheartedly recommend them

Ihaveacamaro
Love the car dude. Looks great. Thanks for the pics
Old 10-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Go with VDI...................... you will be happy, direct bolt on, lifetime warranty!
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
Just dropped off the camaro for the VDI kit to be installed. Cant wait to get it back. In my research everyone said VDI is the best and I pulled the trigger.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK View Post
Just dropped off the camaro for the VDI kit to be installed. Cant wait to get it back. In my research everyone said VDI is the best and I pulled the trigger.
Awesome, post some pics when you're done.

Btw, you *most likely* will have to go in after 2-4 weeks to get it readjusted. It's just the hinges breaking in, and after one time, you shouldn't ever have to go back.

My door was slightly off after the first month of use. Got it readjusted. Over a year has passed and now no issues

Old 10-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Bhall!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
TheGiddinge

Drives: 2010 LT
That camaro with the lambo doors looks sick if u ask me, hatetrs goin to hate
TheGiddinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #14
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiddinge View Post
That camaro with the lambo doors looks sick if u ask me, hatetrs goin to hate
why thank you

Welcome to C5 btw

Tags
lambo, vertical doors