Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #29
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
It is bizarre though, how many people think that a RWD car cannot move in snow. I have people that I work with, who have asked me the question several times over the last three years- don't you get stuck in that car? I can only assume they think I'm lying when I tell them "no".

People today are just stupid behind the wheel and can't drive. cars can do amazing things if you're not an idiot.

Cool video!!
Old 02-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #30
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
WTF is the point of having a Camaro as a garage queen anyway? If you're going to brag about having a garage queen, a Camaro certainly isn't the car I'd brag about because it's neither expensive nor absurdly powered. If you had a Z06, sure, get your brag on. But the Camaro V6 and V8's are just highly powered daily drivers anyway unless you're rocking a Z/28.

I should have snapped a pic for you queens when mine was so caked in salt a few days ago that you couldn't tell what color it was. When spring time comes, she'll get shined up and ready to go and she'll have people staring at her all day at the Dream Cruise come August.

You are right.......a Camaro is practically a Kia Rio!

Then why will people be "staring at her all day at the Dream Cruise"? Nobody gives a rats ass about cheap and underpowered daily driver "SS2" Camaros.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:04 PM   #31
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
But see, that proves my point. You, being not stupid, realize that tires are key.

yes, but it's not practical for a lot of people to invest the money in them. I don't, wont, because we just don't get that much snow. besides, just imagine how a FWD car would do with the same tire upgrade.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #32
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritus View Post
Yesterday when I was leaving my gym's parking lot this random older guy in his Minivan rolled down his window as I was driving by and started yelling at me.
as I was going sideways down the road in total control, nothing to worry about I knew what I was doing

OP left this part or something similar out. I don't believe everything I read. Just saying.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:12 PM   #33
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
WTF is the point of having a Camaro as a garage queen anyway? If you're going to brag about having a garage queen, a Camaro certainly isn't the car I'd brag about because it's neither expensive nor absurdly powered. If you had a Z06, sure, get your brag on. But the Camaro V6 and V8's are just highly powered daily drivers anyway unless you're rocking a Z/28.

I should have snapped a pic for you queens when mine was so caked in salt a few days ago that you couldn't tell what color it was. When spring time comes, she'll get shined up and ready to go and she'll have people staring at her all day at the Dream Cruise come August.
Haha......what a stupid post.....i use my suv to drive in the winter..my car sits in my garage leaking oil and just rotting away. I dont have to drive my car in the winter...u do
thats your problem. I dont judge anyone that drives their camaro in the winter. ....except now i judge you..im giving you a 1 out of 10 for effort........maybe you should go back to ur mountain bike for the winter. At least driving your camaro in the winter you csn ditch the bike helmet and the walmart back pack.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:12 PM   #34
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
I've been dding my 2SS for the last 3 winters. The only time I wish I was in something else is in stop and go traffic, as driving a standard in heels can be annoying. Here's a pic from a couple of weeks ago, last weekend was nice enough to get her cleaned up and a fresh coat of wax.

I see more trucks and SUVs in the ditches than cars in the winters. We have a minivan I could drive, I feel safer in my car with winter tires than the minivan and all seasons. To each their own.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:36 PM   #35
Mongo RS

Drives: 2010 2LT M6 RS
I used to get the same reaction when I had a 53 F100 as a DD. It was a half million mile daily driver work truck, and looked it.

People would yell at me for salting up a "classic".

Well, that classic was 95% original, just updated to 12v electrics and a front seat from something GM, I think it was actually the back seat from a 70's Blazer.... And I used it to haul scrap. Got the "Sanford and son" comment a lot too. It was painted Rustoleum safety Orange, had no radio, and the defrosters only cleared the bottom inch of the windshield unless you rolled the window down quarter way. It was no garage queen.

I got looks riding a chopped Sportster all through one winter because it was the only thing I had running at the time. Snow wasn't tough to deal with, but black ice was fun.

My Camaro is buried under a mound of snow at the moment, too many idiots out there hell bent on increasing my insurance premiums. The 94 F150 4x4 gets salt duty until the warm up.

But, if the Camaro was all I had to drive, I would have no problems driving it in the winter.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:40 PM   #36
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I don't see where he said your an idiot for driving your Camaro in the snow, maybe he was talking about your driving not what you're driving...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:04 PM   #37
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:

Haha......what a stupid post.....i use my suv to drive in the winter..my car sits in my garage leaking oil and just rotting away. I dont have to drive my car in the winter...u do
thats your problem. I dont judge anyone that drives their camaro in the winter. ....except now i judge you..im giving you a 1 out of 10 for effort........maybe you should go back to ur mountain bike for the winter. At least driving your camaro in the winter you csn ditch the bike helmet and the walmart back pack.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:38 PM   #38
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
It is bizarre though, how many people think that a RWD car cannot move in snow. I have people that I work with, who have asked me the question several times over the last three years- don't you get stuck in that car? I can only assume they think I'm lying when I tell them "no".

People today are just stupid behind the wheel and can't drive. cars can do amazing things if you're not an idiot.

Thats the product of decades of marketing by just about every car company that 4wd or fwd's are must have's in snow and anything else is undriveable.

Personally I hate the way FWD's handle in snow, i'd rather lose traction with just my drive wheels than my drivewheels and my steering at the same time. We've got 2 4wd, but seldom use it even in snow, takes all the fun out of it. I like the rear wheel steering feature of RWD vehicles.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #39
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:

Mine's in the garage all winter because A. I don't see the point in driving a convertible if I can't put the top down. And B. I'd like to still have the car in good shape in 15 or 20 years, that wouldn't happen if I let it spend the winter caked in salt.

I guess for folks who want to trade cars every 4 or 5 years, the damage winter does to a vehicle doesn't really matter, but I buy cars for long term.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:50 PM   #40
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
How can a person who can't spell, type, or succeed at grammar tell someone else to go back to Walmart? And who gets uber proud of themselves for owning two cars? You want a pat on the back? I have no NEED for two cars, so why would I HAVE two cars? Has nothing to do with being able to afford them. And people will stare at my Camaro during the Dream Cruise because it's unique. It doesn't look like most Camaros. And I'll sell the Camaro and get something different long before I need to care about winter driving affecting the car. Sorry you're butt hurt that someone told you that your "queen" isn't as impressive as you strut around thinking it is. Enjoy the oil spots dumb ass.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #41
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
I mean I couldn't care less if people want to keep Camaros in their garages all winter. More power to you. But the staring down the nose attitude of some of the people around here is annoying. You can snub peoole when the car in your garage is a Ferrari or something, but not a Camaro.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:58 PM   #42
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:
I mean I couldn't care less if people want to keep Camaros in their garages all winter. More power to you. But the staring down the nose attitude of some of the people around here is annoying. You can snub peoole when the car in your garage is a Ferrari or something, but not a Camaro.

I agree with the first bit, but you're doing the same thing by suggesting the Camaro isn't worthy of taking care of.

It may be "just" a camaro to you, to others its their dream car. Neither side of this silly debate needs to be staring down their noses at the other.