Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-13-2015, 07:52 AM   #1
130R

Drives: SS
24 Heures du Mans

I wasn't able to sleep tonight and find myself still up at 5:30AM, and time for the start of Le Mans.

This should be a great race...

Of course, rooting for the one remaining Vette. Yeah, one down before the race even starts... Magnussen had a pretty bad crash during Thursdays qualifying session, and the car was beyond repair. The good news is Jan was uninjured and fine!

I'm looking forward to watching the new LMP1 Nissan, and I'm curious how Audi and Porsche do with their controversial rear wings.

Can't wait!!!!

Who else is watching?
130R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
all nighter tonite for sure. Great weather, Porsche's are fast

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/corvette-live-stream

http://www.radiolemans.com/
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
130R

Yeah, did you hear the comment about Porsche saying (something to the effect of) the pace of this race might be something not seen again in a long time?

I really like the new Nissan (Ben Bowlby is back on my Christmas list, LOL!). Too bad it's SO far off the pace; I'd like to see more of it. They'll get it figured out (I hope)... I'd love to see all 4 manufacturers going at it.

It looks like Audi & Porsche are on to something with their rear wings...

I don't know if they changed the rules, but those LMP1 front splitters sure look high, and from head-on, they look counter-intuitively upswept. I'm pretty sure it's just an illusion, as they look flatter in profile.

That Corvette/Aston dual was great; too bad they let the Ferrari by... :(

Good stuff, and a long night ahead...
Old 06-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #4

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Here's the Ford GT segment....

90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #5
130R

That was a nice clip. Simply stunning car. Still trying to wrap my head around the V6, but the future is now, I guess...

Can't wait to see it in anger around La Sarthe!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:54 AM   #6
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Woot Corvette #64 won!!! Way to bring it home after the loss of the #63 car.

I heard about someone saying we may not see this pace again at LeMans and I would not be surprised if next year the cars are held back a bit. They were crazy fast this year, fastest in race lap was bested by nearly 5 seconds by the #7 Audi with Lotterer at the wheel.

I'm lookin forward to seeing the Nissans back with their hybrid power. For LeMans they had only the V6 engine without the hybrid set up and they had a car finish which is really good on their part. But there were a lot of teething issues but that's what you get with 8 months to build a race car and develop it.

Fantastic race, very glad I got the streaming service from the FIA WEC website. Highly recommend it because the US coverage of the race is usually shit.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:52 PM   #7
130R

That was some great racin'...

Congrats Corvette Racing!!! Winners of the 2015 Rolex 24 At Daytona, Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, and now The 24 Hours of Le Mans!

Amazing how much development goes into the LMP1 cars, and how quickly things can change. I think the WEC is advancing technology more than F1 these days, primarily due to the more relaxed rules. Those LMP1 'splitters', look a lot more like wings to me, or act like wings anyway, especially considering how they remove the air out the side of the body. If you look closely at the Audi, you can even see a couple elements above the trailing edge.

Very impressive for Audi to set a lap record after 3 stints on a set of tires. Michelin has done wonders with tire technology, I just wish they were more involved in the amateur/street level.

The Aston's were VERY impressive, in both Pro & AM.

And as for the LMP1 Nissan, yeah, they have a way to go, but unlike the DeltaSchlong, the GT-R LM Nismo, with its front-engine, FWD, >60/40 weight distribution, 14" front tires / 9" rear tires, etc, etc, is truly an innovative car (within the FIA rules). I REALLY hope they can make it competitive!

Man, what a week of racing! The Isle of Mann, Trans Am, Indy Car & Le Mans. I was concerned I might run out of DVR space. LOL!
Old 06-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
FOX Sports should be ashamed! The most -misjointed coverage ever. Even cut away from the podium!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #9
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
FOX Sports should be ashamed! The most -misjointed coverage ever. Even cut away from the podium!
Yup. I looked at the on air schedule and it was ridiculous..
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #10
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Dude the coverage by fox sports was a joke. So glad I purchased the FIA WEC streaming service. Just had that going on the main feed, Corvette in car and then had Radio LeMans for sound on unless I wanted to hear the vette hauling down the Mulsanne straight. Highly recommend that service, $11 for the race or I paid $32 for the race and the rest of the WEC races.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:55 PM   #11
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
FoxGo was pretty good, I listened to radio Lemans, had iphone in car cameras and timing via the 24 Lemans app. I'm just happy to get get all of the broadcast even though it was a cluster. Better than listening to just radio Lemans like 10 years ago or getting a 1 hour recap with 40 minutes of interviews instead of just watching in car cameras with no one talking. Loved the use of new slow zone instead of full track cautions. Great advancement. No idea why Nisaan doesn't just enter Godzilla in GTE.
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote