Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #253
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Thank you for your service, and let us know what the shop says about getting you your refund. It sucks that they are the ones left on the hook for this, but that's more Savini's fault than anyone else's.
I sent Nick at BFXAUTO an e-mail this morning concerning this and the 225.00 he owes me for the balancing attempt I made. He wanted me to see if it was a balancing issue before sending them back and I did....225.00 later they still had to go back. So I am waiting on the 225.00 and any word on what they are going to do about these wheels, now that they have been back, "Fixed" and still vibrate.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #254
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
The tolerance that Savini apperently uses as 'standard' (a joke considering it's a standard used by even the cheapest of wheels) is too loose for 22 inch wheels I guess.

They got mine ok. But ok doesn't cut it with this tyupe of money.

GoDaddy.com here I come. lol
Old 08-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #255
Berean

Drives: Truck
Too bad. I hope you get 100% of your money back.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #256
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
The tolerance that Savini apperently uses as 'standard' (a joke considering it's a standard used by even the cheapest of wheels) is too loose for 22 inch wheels I guess.

They got mine ok. But ok doesn't cut it with this tyupe of money.

GoDaddy.com here I come. lol
I guess tolerance is a perspective thing....what one person can tolerate, another can not. Really they can't win here....They say they are correct but they vibrate on my car. If they are so CORRECT then they will not have any problems getting rid of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Too bad. I hope you get 100% of your money back.

I do too, I have sent the e-mails and are waiting on an response........
Old 08-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #257
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I guess tolerance is a perspective thing....what one person can tolerate, another can not. Really they can't win here....They say they are correct but they vibrate on my car. If they are so CORRECT then they will not have any problems getting rid of them.
I'm right there with you. One thing is for certain. I've had numerous people drive my car, some of them mambers and moderators on this site. There is no disputing the vibration. Some say they could live with it if they had to. Most say no way. ALL say not for the money they cost.

I say Savini sucks.

I still get PMs regularly asking what wheels these are. Of course, nobody asking will ever buy any from Savini.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #258
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
I'm right there with you. One thing is for certain. I've had numerous people drive my car, some of them mambers and moderators on this site. There is no disputing the vibration. Some say they could live with it if they had to. Most say no way. ALL say not for the money they cost.

I say Savini sucks.

I still get PMs regularly asking what wheels these are. Of course, nobody asking will ever buy any from Savini.
Well for the money I am not "Living" with anything, but we will see what they are going to do or BFXAUTO.

I too like you get MANY PM's about my wheels. Since I do not race the performance aspect really doesn't play into for me, mine was mainly for looks and A LOT of people are in my boat, they just want some pretty wheels, well ones that do not vibrate.

I could have sold at least 15 sets of these wheels IF they had just taken care of the problems, now they have lost these sales because I really don't think that anybody would buy a set of Savini wheels after talking with me. The issues are really simple from what I can tell, vibration and finish issues. Well hell that is why you buy aftermarket wheels is the finish ( LOOKS) and of course no one wants a wobbly wheel.

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 08-18-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #259
PQ
Booooosted.

Agreed.

The perfomance guys never even ask about my wheels.

Even the guys here at Rent&Roll, Gulf Coast Customs and Big Ten all are just amazed at them. You tend to quit going to different places when they all say the same thing.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #260
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Agreed.

The perfomance guys never even ask about my wheels.

Even the guys here at Rent&Roll, Gulf Coast Customs and Big Ten all are just amazed at them. You tend to quit going to different places when they all say the same thing.
The real sad part is you see people all the time who paid A LOT less for their wheels and have Zero issues with them. Look at Emma's new wheels-no issues at all with them. Several others have bought "Less" whatever you want to call it, wheels and they are fine. I guess in this case Less is definitely MORE.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #261
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
The real sad part is you see people all the time who paid A LOT less for their wheels and have Zero issues with them. Look at Emma's new wheels-no issues at all with them. Several others have bought "Less" whatever you want to call it, wheels and they are fine. I guess in this case Less is definitely MORE.
It must be like art. Some art you hang on the wall and it cost 100.00 and some you hang on the wall and it cost 1500.00 and even more. You can't touch it or play with it or move it. Be VERY cvarefull with it because it's fragile. Not meant to be used.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #262
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Yeah that is the ticket, I will just shine them up and look at them, drive 15 pmh and never drive my car faster than that.....Ok I got it now, that is what I was doing wrong........Driving My Car.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #263
Berean

Drives: Truck
I'd probably just start the CC reversal process and ship them back.

Further communication with them is only going to result in them jerking you around.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #264
Chris_B

Drives: Several
Quote:
I use a statement alot and it goes a little like this " It's kinda like being a Little Pregnant, in my mind either you are or are not" I use this to guide me on my daily travels through life. What does that have to do with Savini Wheels you might ask.........Well in my opinion they are either right or they are not, kinda like being pregnant.

I bolted on my wheels last night, torqued them down to 140 ft lbs and went for a ride. They still vibrate, although it is better than before it is NOT right. I drove for about 60 miles down different sections of interstate, through town and even a country road ( Yes it was paved, LOL.) So I know it is not the road causing the vibration.

Just so that I knew I wasn't crazy, while my wheels were gone to be fixed I had my rotors checked to make sure that they were not warped to eliminate that as a possibility. If I stay under 40 mph they seem to be OK but the faster you go the worse it gets.

There is actually a section of road near the Talladega Superspeedway that is 4 lanes wide and straight and about 5 miles long and I had some law enforcement friends help me test the wheels by allowing me to run it up to triple digits, in a controlled environment, to see the effects of the vibration or to see if I could run the vibration out of it and that did not work.

I had read where some swapped wheels from side to side and that helped their problems so I then went and swapped the wheels from side to side and it did not make one bit of difference. The vibration was the same.

As to make sure that there was not another reason for the vibration I cleaned the hubs spotless, they looked like they were brand new, so the hubs are clean, wheels torqued to the right spec's so now I am clueless.

I will send BFXAUTO and e-mail this morning and see what the next step in this process is.

Really sad..........
It sounds like this whole experience has been very difficult, for sure!

When you had the balancing done, they checked the tires for total indicated runout (TIR), right? And were they road-forced balanced? If not, how did they do it?
Old 08-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #265
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

When Butler Tire in Atlanta tried to balance the tires the used a machine to balance them, they road forced balanced them and then they had a machine that balanced them on the car. The machine was a high speed balancing machine that spun the wheels while on the car and indicated if it needed weights etc.....So I dont know.

They re-indexed the tires to eliminate some of the weight, re indexed the wheels on the car to rty and get them smooth etc... I SHOULD NOT have to be going through all this for a set of wheels, should be able to bolt them on and GO....SMOOTHLY.

Still waiting on a response from them........
Old 08-19-2011, 07:02 AM   #266
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

UPDATE on the wheels saga.

Well I heard from BFXAUTO this morning when I checked my e-mail. I would like to say I am shocked but in all honesty I am not surprised by the response.

I will cut and pasted what Nick at BFXAUTO wrote.

"John,

First off, I want to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and
I understand that there are things outside our control that can cause
frustration. I have stood behind you and done my best working with Savini
to get your wheels perfect.

I have spoken with the tech that mounted and balanced the wheels because I
wanted to know exactly how the process went, and this is what he said.

"The run out of the wheel was way *under* tolerance. The tires were indexed
to the wheel and road force balanced. The wheels took hardly any weight and
spun perfectly. These wheels balanced perfectly."

This is right in accord with the numbers that Savini sent from their run out
test:

Run out Reading (mm)

Centerbore (mm)

Inner Rim

Outer Rim

C.B.

1st wheel

0.40mm

0.38mm

67.0mm

2nd Wheel

0.41mm

0.30mm

67.0mm

3rd Wheel

0.38mm

0.28mm

67.0mm

4th Wheel

0.46mm

0.33mm

67.0mm

These numbers indicate the amount of movement that the wheel makes when it
spins. This is reading that the most movement is .46 of 1mm. Less than
1/2mm of movement at the most.

At this time, Savini has done everything they can to get you perfect
wheels. Savini and I have done everything to make sure these wheels don't
vibrate, so the problem must reside elsewhere.
"

Well if these wheels are so perfect tehn why do they vibrate? Nick( BFXAUTO ) stated early on in this process that he took care of his customers, that he would make these wheels right etc......

You know it is real funny that in PQ's case they blamed the people who mounted the tires, they blamed his driving they blamed everything else. Since I alleviated all that by having them mount and balance the tires before I got them, they did not have anyone else to blame.....NOW they are balming the car.

How in the hell is it the cars fault? If there is any issues with my car, which I highly doubt, then the SAVINI WHEELS caused the issue.

So is Savini saying that their wheels will damage your car? Kinda looking reall funny that PQ is have issues on his car, MAYBE it IS the wheels causing the issues on his car.

BFXAUTO and Savini are in this together. Nick tried to play the good cop in this until now there is a point of no return because Savini has done all they say they can and they still vibrate, leaving Nick stuck with an unhappy customer who he is giving up on, turning his back on. Which make me wonder about BFXAuto as a vendor, person and as a man.

Nick told me that he would balance the wheels and make sure they were correct, but in the e-mail he said that he talked to the tech who balanced them. SO BFX does not really mount and balance wheels.

I guess this is just another case of a garage selling vendor who has an internet business and a phone booth.

I tell you this after these issuses I would be suspect of ANY vendor who pushed Savini wheels. The people are a bunch of rip off artist and con men. I never thought Nick would be on that boat but he has firmly sided with Savini on this and junped right in the middle of the boat with them.... with in tolerance my ass. If these wheels are smooth and vibration free then my ass is a sewing machine.

I sent Nick an e-mail, I am real sure he will respond quickly, yeah right. But we will see.