Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #267
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction

I feel for ya.

I had to eat a huge loss on mine.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #268
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Any chance you could find another 5th gen to mount the wheels on and take Nick for a drive? That way you could prove it's not your car that's making the vibration?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #269
Darth_Emma

Dr Jekl:
Didn't you have a "pre nup" contract that said if the wheels vibrate that you would get all of your money back?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #270
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Dr Jekl:
Didn't you have a "pre nup" contract that said if the wheels vibrate that you would get all of your money back?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #271
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Dr Jekl:
Oh yes I was assured that the wheels would be vibration free from Nick at Savini and Nick at BFXAUTO in their written e-mails. I sent them an e-mail this morning re-iterating those facts and of course I am waiting to hear back from them.

Basically what Nick said was that he has done all he knows to do to make them right, Savini SAYS they are right and that is all he has to go on since he is not the manufacturor. Of course Savini is not going to admit these wheels are jacked up.

Unfortunately I am in Alabama and he is in California and I can not just run over and let him drive the car. To Anaheim from here is a 32 hour drive.

I just think it is piss poor that the vendor will not stand behind this product. Whether you consider Savini or BFXAUTO the vendor is open to debate.

Like I said before if these wheels are so PERFECT as they claim Savini or BFXAUTO will not have any issues getting rid of them. The best reslution in this is for them to just refund my money.

I know it may take some time but a letter writing campaign to congressman, BBB's, State Attorney Generals etc... may produce a better response from them. If I have to take my car to a shop and have it checked for any damage that the wheels may be causing in this state, then the cost of the wheels just goes higher and higher for them. Not to mention if they ARE causing damage, then the cost of repairs will be included in that cost etc.....

Hopefully say will see the light in this and do the right thing, but who knows. Who knows I may just take vacation and show up in California. Could you imagine the look on their face, but then again all that would do is cause problems and neither of us want that. So we will see.

I am going to contact the credit card company to see if there is any recourse on that end that I may be able to take.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #272
Darth_Emma

Unfortunately, I had to pay with cashier's check. I have no cc company to complain to. My wheels are gone anyway. I chose to sell them and move on. It does make me feel better knowing I have a set of wheels on the car that I'm very happy with now.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #273
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Take Video.

Have the shop spin them and take video.

Get the shop to give an opinion and estimate.

All I know is that Savini told me the same thing and I didn't roll acceptably till they remade two of them. Because I posted video of them spinning. Even Savini admited they looked bad. There was the insinuation that I, somehow, had done it myself, but they remade two of them. Even now the shop tells me that the original wheels and one of the new ones are questionable but 'Within' a decent range. Just not decent enough for a perfect ride. I have sposts on my wheels that are higher on the outsid than the inside. They pointed it out to me. When I asked them if I should raise hell about it they just shrug and tell me they can get me some that don't do that at all. THEN they (Rent&Roll) grabbed another 22 inch wheel and spun it. One piece wheel. It was PERFECT. There was NO hoping like on mine.

So, the problem is gonna lie in how bad they are hoping. These stupid high end wheels arent' as round as el cheapos. Just prettier. EVERY shop I've taken them to have looked at me funny.

Somebody tell me again why 3 piece wheels are a good thing?

John, get some video, and post it up. If you can, scan your docs as well. I'll get the pics I have with the paint falling off, and my old video and we'll post it all up, along with all of my balancing and shop reciepts and written opinions. I've been perfectly up front with Savini and though they did me right in the end under pressure of the forum, the product sucks. And continues to suck.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #274
Chris_B

Drives: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
When Butler Tire in Atlanta tried to balance the tires the used a machine to balance them, they road forced balanced them and then they had a machine that balanced them on the car. The machine was a high speed balancing machine that spun the wheels while on the car and indicated if it needed weights etc.....So I dont know.

They re-indexed the tires to eliminate some of the weight, re indexed the wheels on the car to rty and get them smooth etc... I SHOULD NOT have to be going through all this for a set of wheels, should be able to bolt them on and GO....SMOOTHLY.

Still waiting on a response from them........
Have you tried a different set of tires yet? Which tires are on the wheels now? Sorry, but I quickly scanned the thread and did not come across your tire choice or what has been done to check them.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #275
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Take Video.

Have the shop spin them and take video.

Get the shop to give an opinion and estimate.

All I know is that Savini told me the same thing and I didn't roll acceptably till they remade two of them. Because I posted video of them spinning. Even Savini admited they looked bad. There was the insinuation that I, somehow, had done it myself, but they remade two of them. Even now the shop tells me that the original wheels and one of the new ones are questionable but 'Within' a decent range. Just not decent enough for a perfect ride. I have sposts on my wheels that are higher on the outsid than the inside. They pointed it out to me. When I asked them if I should raise hell about it they just shrug and tell me they can get me some that don't do that at all. THEN they (Rent&Roll) grabbed another 22 inch wheel and spun it. One piece wheel. It was PERFECT. There was NO hoping like on mine.

So, the problem is gonna lie in how bad they are hoping. These stupid high end wheels arent' as round as el cheapos. Just prettier. EVERY shop I've taken them to have looked at me funny.

Somebody tell me again why 3 piece wheels are a good thing?

John, get some video, and post it up. If you can, scan your docs as well. I'll get the pics I have with the paint falling off, and my old video and we'll post it all up, along with all of my balancing and shop reciepts and written opinions. I've been perfectly up front with Savini and though they did me right in the end under pressure of the forum, the product sucks. And continues to suck.
I am going to take them to a local tire shop and have them do these tests you recommended with a video and not real sure what documents you want me to scan but I will scan whatever I have.

Just have to plan a day off of work to get this done. SUPPOSEDLY there is a loal guy who works on wheels that can look at them and see what they problem is that I found out about last night. But I will have to make an appointment so it may be a few days before I can get that done.

It is just a shame that we have to go through all this to prove the wheels are junk and wobbly, but if need be I will.
You are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_B View Post
Have you tried a different set of tires yet? Which tires are on the wheels now? Sorry, but I quickly scanned the thread and did not come across your tire choice or what has been done to check them.
No I have not tried a different set of tires. I have Pirelli's, supposedly they are the only company that makes 315's for the rear. I have the same tires that Emma and Randy, and I think Dangeruss have and had. I probobaly have maybe 1000 miles on the tires since I installed these things.

I asked BFXAUTO and Savini to check the tires as well and of course neither did.

To alleviate my car as the problem I went and had my rotors checked and they were not warped. SO it has to be these wheels.

Before I sold my stock wheels I could put them back on the car and no wobble occurred, so it is not my car. The reason I sold them was I was ASSURRED that this would be taken care of and to help offset the cost of these wheels.

BUT as of now I have not heard from either Savini or BFXAUTO..........
Old 08-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #276
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Just ask the shop or shops to write up an opinion for you. That's what I did. Not that it means anything but I felt that as long as I had a few outside, indepenent pros agree with me that I'd be covered. And I posted my videos here to be sure that it was not normal and indeed it wasn't. A little, yes. What I showed, no way in hell. Now, mine still have a little but admitedly, it's acceptable as far as Savninis tolerance and my shop concurs that it could and should be better, but that it's acceptable. Just not for the money we pay.

My issue is with the shitty paint. Which could have beena non-issue if I'd never had any problems at all with the wheels. Normally I'd call and send pics and ask them to either please have them redone or advise me somehow locally.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #277
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Just really frustrating to be done this way by a vendor and a manufacturor. Seems like I have to jump through hoops to prove that these stupid wheels are vibrating, I have to take time off of work, make appointments etc.....all in the name of Savini Wheels....definitely too much drama for a set of wheels.

I will tell you this much if anyone else take a chance and buy a set of Savini Wheels after reading this thread then they are absolutely crazy.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #278
Chris_B

Drives: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
No I have not tried a different set of tires. I have Pirelli's, supposedly they are the only company that makes 315's for the rear. I have the same tires that Emma and Randy, and I think Dangeruss have and had. I probobaly have maybe 1000 miles on the tires since I installed these things.

I asked BFXAUTO and Savini to check the tires as well and of course neither did.

To alleviate my car as the problem I went and had my rotors checked and they were not warped. SO it has to be these wheels.

Before I sold my stock wheels I could put them back on the car and no wobble occurred, so it is not my car. The reason I sold them was I was ASSURRED that this would be taken care of and to help offset the cost of these wheels.
It doesn't appear to me that the tires can been ruled out yet. Savini probably does not have the equipment to check tires, nor would any wheel manufacturer be expected to. Your installer should be asked to step up and check them, or he can get with his local Pirelli rep for further assistance if lacking the proper equipment or expertise. A simple runout check might reveal some interesting data, but internal construction issues are harder to detect.

After many years, I have yet to see a round tire! The name on the side does not guarantee that they will be perfectly round and have the same spring rate all the way around. Pirelli is one of my favorite brands, but I've had a bad one before (internal belt problem). Fortunately, it was replaced without question.

This not my discussion, so ignore me if you like. However, I'm not convinced at this point that the wheels are the problem. They COULD BE, but the tires have not been crossed off the troubleshooting list yet. In my experience, tires are more often a problem than wheels. I've dealt with very complicated troubleshooting issues in the past, some of which were instantly and completely cured by changing the tires. This has a lot to do with the different manufacturing processes, since wheels are machined and are easier to hold tolerances than tires popped out of a mold. Tire manufacturing is a much of a black art as it is a science. Preforms, belt layout, mold temperatures and pressures, chemical variations in the compound, etc. There are lots of things that can go wrong with tire manufacturing, even to the best of them.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #279
The Stig

Chris, I can acknowledge your theory about it being the tires. You said yourself that you have had one (singular here btw) bad tire. My only question is, IF it is the tires. How do you explain PQ, Darth_Emma, Jkel, and the countless other people who have had problems with Savini wheels? Can you tell me with a straight face that ALL of them had bad tires? That to this day PQ's wheel vibration is due to tires.

This is what I'll do. I will personally pay for Jkel to get new tires, whatever tires he wants I don't care. But, if/when the wheels still vibrate you pay me back double the cost of the tires. I'm more than happy to write up a contact and make this all legal so we can get this thing started. Unless of course you think that the tires aren't the problem.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #280
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Easy guys..

Lets not add any fuel to the fire. lets hear out all suggestions.

No need to defensive.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote