Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
McSleepyx9

Drives: 2012 SW 1LT
LED Fog Lights

Quick question, are theese the same bulbs?

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDeta...OG_5202_SKU_4E

compared to

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...s-led-5202.htm

if they are the same, why is the one from phasket performance 3x the price of the one from ijdmtoy? I just bougt the $90 ones from oracle but im just seeing the one from ijdm and its like $60 cheaper -_-
McSleepyx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSleepyx9 View Post

compared to

if they are the same, why is the one from phasket performance 3x the price of the one from ijdmtoy? I just bougt the $90 ones from oracle but im just seeing the one from ijdm and its like $60 cheaper -_-
Actually i purchased my LEDs from JDM toys, that exact one at that. Check out my album, it matches my HIDs perfect and look fantastic.
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
McSleepyx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabreu09 View Post
Actually i purchased my LEDs from JDM toys, that exact one at that. Check out my album, it matches my HIDs perfect and look fantastic.
So I just spent an extra $60 for the same item?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
YellowL99

Quote:
So I just spent an extra $60 for the same item?
i mean yours are probably brighter than mine? lol but i haven't had any problems whatsoever with these bulbs.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
McSleepyx9

Quote:
i mean yours are probably brighter than mine? lol but i haven't had any problems whatsoever with these bulbs.
Idk I ordered it just now, lets see how it looks and how long it will last haha. Hope it was worth what I payed for. Btw, do you know any videos on youtube or whatever that teaches you how to install them? I want to do it myself so I wont have to pay someone to do it. Also, does yours turn on and off light it normally would? By like pressing the middle button on the knob?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
YellowL99

Quote:
Idk I ordered it just now, lets see how it looks and how long it will last haha. Hope it was worth what I payed for. Btw, do you know any videos on youtube or whatever that teaches you how to install them? I want to do it myself so I wont have to pay someone to do it. Also, does yours turn on and off light it normally would? By like pressing the middle button on the knob?
my foglights go on whenever my headlights or halos are on. Make sure you get a harness from http://www.gen5diy.com/PnP_harnesses...ts/drl-harness so you can do this as well. With installation of the bulbs and everything itll take no more than like 15min to do it all. On that website he shows you how to change the foglights which is basically removing 3 screws from the wheel well.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
McSleepyx9

Quote:
my foglights go on whenever my headlights or halos are on. Make sure you get a harness from http://www.gen5diy.com/PnP_harnesses...ts/drl-harness so you can do this as well. With installation of the bulbs and everything itll take no more than like 15min to do it all. On that website he shows you how to change the foglights which is basically removing 3 screws from the wheel well.
The thing is my camaro is non-rs. So I dont have the halos or anything...its just the 1LT non-RS
Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
YellowL99

Quote:
The thing is my camaro is non-rs. So I dont have the halos or anything...its just the 1LT non-RS
but are the fog lights day time running lights anyway? or do they come on only when you press a button?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
McSleepyx9

Quote:
but are the fog lights day time running lights anyway? or do they come on only when you press a button?
only when I press the button the foglights turn on
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #10
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:

compared to

because AAC and Phastek like to rip people off. you can get the same ones on ebay for $30 or so, they all come from china, the only difference it the packaging. So companies like AAC repack them into their own branding packaging.

bought mine form some Chinese company on ebay back in Sept and have had no issue, and mine are DRL and Fog (running the gen5diy.com harness)
Old 01-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #11
McSleepyx9

Ahh all this stuff is confusing for me. Im new with car and this camaro is my first car so like I hardly know what I have to buy and there all this kits and stuff >.<. All I know is that I bought whatever came on that phasket link I showed. And my camaro right now is the 1LT so it already has fog lamps I just want to switch the bulbs to LED. hopefully I dont need to buy a seperate harness or anything.. But yeah think I got kind of ripped off...should of done a little more search ..
Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Send the AAC ones back and get a refund if they will let you. They aren't that good at all. They are like rejects from other places. Get them from superbrightled or eBay.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #13
McSleepyx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Send the AAC ones back and get a refund if they will let you. They aren't that good at all. They are like rejects from other places. Get them from superbrightled or eBay.
When you say they arent that good, what do you mean? Are they not bright, or they burn out easily?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #14
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
When you say they arent that good, what do you mean? Are they not bright, or they burn out easily?
They don't last very long. Most people that have posted about them report of weeks maybe months. LEDs should last alot longer than that.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led fog lights