Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #29
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I drained my catch can last night only to find that it is looking like warm weather oil again. Since I started this thread, the temps here have for the most part been well above freezing.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #30
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
very interesting stuff. I also have one of Tracy's cans. I'm gonna try this test.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #31
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
very interesting stuff. I also have one of Tracy's cans. I'm gonna try this test.
I leave my inline site glass in all of the time now, because I just like knowing. Tracy is supposed to be sending me a different style bracket and once that happens I may finally go without.

She is only memory now.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #32
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
I leave my inline site glass in all of the time now, because I just like knowing. Tracy is supposed to be sending me a different style bracket and once that happens I may finally go without.
I have the same can that you do. could u maybe post some pics as to which hose you have plugged in to where? I may have some confusion as to if I have my hoses hooked up properly.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #33
P3SAR
Waiting to Drive

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM w/SIM
This is simply eye opening...I need to order a catchcan!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #34
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I have the same can that you do. could u maybe post some pics as to which hose you have plugged in to where? I may have some confusion as to if I have my hoses hooked up properly.

It will take me a while to get a picture, but if you have an LS3, the center fitting goes to the valley cover (low and behind the passenger side of the throttle body. The fitting near the edge goes to the intake manifold which is just above and slightly to the rear of the other hose.

She is only memory now.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #35
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
RX cans are the best. we use them on all the High HP FI builds and never have to worry about dirty air going back into the engine
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #36
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Why would you take it of,it's good to have it there to see if oil is getting pass the catch can into the intake.Wouldn't you think.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #37
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Why would you take it of,it's good to have it there to see if oil is getting pass the catch can into the intake.Wouldn't you think.
Many thousands of miles on the RX with no oil getting beyond the can, it's pretty safe to say that it wouldn't all of the sudden let some through. My catch can testing days are over, unless I see some completely new design that makes me curious again. So far there aren't any.

She is only memory now.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #38
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Are you using the valve or the plain fitting, the reason I ask is that a couple c5 member experienced the valve freezing up and had to switch back to the plain fitting.

Quote:
Many thousands of miles on the RX with no oil getting beyond the can, it's pretty safe to say that it wouldn't all of the sudden let some through. My catch can testing days are over, unless I see some completely new design that makes me curious again. So far there aren't any.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #39
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Are you using the valve or the plain fitting, the reason I ask is that a couple c5 member experienced the valve freezing up and had to switch back to the plain fitting.
I have the plain fitting. I suppose an engine with a supercharger or turbo may need the valve, but the RX works perfect without, in my testing. I initially had the check valve but after a while it started to chatter. Tracy sent me the plain fitting and it worked out great.

She is only memory now.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #40
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Thanks Bud, appreciate the info. and advise.

Quote:
I have the plain fitting. I suppose an engine with a supercharger or turbo may need the valve, but the RX works perfect without, in my testing. I initially had the check valve but after a while it started to chatter. Tracy sent me the plain fitting and it worked out great.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #41
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
I learn so much on this forum in such a small amount of time. Had no idea what catch can or breather was before I joined this forum I am now enlighten. And I need to order this from Tracy apparently sooner than later lol.
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #42
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

I forgot to ask you where is this valve that they experience chattering noise and have frozen up on occasions, can you tell me where this is located or if you have a picture.I looked to see if it was in the photos showing the glass in-line filter, but didn't see it.

Quote: