Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #225
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I looked it up. It's a huge building and there are several businesses in it.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #226
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Yeah they have the same phone, fax and address. What made me aware was the bill of lading info on my return wheels when they sent me the information. It said Zinik and I was kinda confused.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #227
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I finally sold my Savini wheels on ebay. I only lost $5000 on them.
What a miserable lesson we have learned here. Sorry I led you to them. I feel terrible. :(

Quote:
I almost feel guilty for selling them after all the issues others are having.
Screw that. You took a 5 thousand dollar bath on them. I'd say the guy got a helluva deal. Yours didn't vibrate. I don't guess mine will be sold. I'm going to make barstools and a table out of them, for the garage. Maybe do them really nice for the game room.

I'm really starting to believe that my driveline/tranny issue, LCA issue, strut issue, end link issues, sway bar braket issues, fender well issues and alignment and realignment issues are all caused by these fucking wheels.

Hell, my car gets out of alignment often. On it's own. Every time I've had it aligned from swapping LCA I've had it realigned and every time the front has gone out too.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #228
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
What a miserable lesson we have learned here. Sorry I led you to them. I feel terrible. :(
It's not your fault. I feel for ya about yours.

The good news is that I am very happy with my Forgeline wheels and they didn't cost nearly as much! It was a learning experience. I should have been more patient before jumping in to buy wheels. I simply didn't know enough about them.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #229
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

The good news is that I am very happy with my Forgeline wheels and they didn't cost nearly as much! It was a learning experience. I should have been more patient before jumping in to buy wheels. I simply didn't know enough about them.
Nah... when you see their stuff on high end exotics and show cars... How would any of us know.

I'm not going to speculate but I don't think any of us saw these particular problems coming...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #230
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Screw that. You took a 5 thousand dollar bath on them. I'd say the guy got a helluva deal. Yours didn't vibrate. I don't guess mine will be sold. I'm going to make barstools and a table out of them, for the garage. Maybe do them really nice for the game room.

I'm really starting to believe that my driveline/tranny issue, LCA issue, strut issue, end link issues, sway bar braket issues, fender well issues and alignment and realignment issues are all caused by these fucking wheels.

Hell, my car gets out of alignment often. On it's own. Every time I've had it aligned from swapping LCA I've had it realigned and every time the front has gone out too.
Sometimes I wonder if these wheels are causing damage to my car because of the vibrations as well. Luckily for me I do not drive mine daily and do not have alot of miles on mine, so it is hard to tell if anything else is happening to my car.

The funny part was when I had my stock wheels I could put them back on and the vibration was gone. Period. A set of wheels is not worth all this.

Quote:

I am glad you got a set that you are happy with Emma, just sad that you took a bath on the Savini's. I have NEVER had a problem with ANY wheels I have bought for any vehicle I owned and I put wheels on every vehicle I buy, but these things are a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Nah... when you see their stuff on high end exotics and show cars... How would any of us know.

I'm not going to speculate but I don't think any of us saw these particular problems coming...
There in lies the problem, we none saw this coming. I can bet you that if my name was Shaq, A-Rod, or some other high profile person these wheels wouldn't be vibrating right now. I really wonder if it is like Norm suggests and the wheels that they sell us are Blem's, OK wheels, on the outer edges of what they consider "Tolerance" and when you go to 22's it is just magnified greatly.

I really do not think it is a size issue at all becuase there are alot of people who have 22's and are having no issues, they are just using other brands. But what puzzels me is that Dangeruss has the exact same wheels as mine, except he had his painted. NOW his paint fell off, but he didn't have any vibration issues, kinda like Emma. Then you have Randy who has had both paint and vibration issues, then me with just vibration issues although mine are just chrome, glad I didn't go with the paint.

Well supposedly they are supposed to be back today and I guess we will see what the real deal is.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #231
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
They're supposed to be delivered today? Crossing my fingers here for you!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #232
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Is there a pool going on what day they will actually arrive?
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #233
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Me TOO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Is there a pool going on what day they will actually arrive?
Well originally they told me Monday, just not WHICH Monday, LOL But I did get the Pro Number and checked the website this morning at it says " Out For Delivery" but you know how that goes.

Will be real interested to bolt these things back on and go for a drive. I am sure I will have to clean them up first, but that is ok. Just long as they do not vibrate.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #234
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Crossing my fingers for you. I have to give you credit for not putting up with Savini's BS throughout this whole thing. It amazes me that they are even still in business after the way they have handled all of your's, PQ's, and Em's issues.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #235
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Crossing my fingers for you. I have to give you credit for not putting up with Savini's BS throughout this whole thing. It amazes me that they are even still in business after the way they have handled all of your's, PQ's, and Em's issues.
I appreciate it. But in all honesty Forums are VERY new to me and I am sure to ALOT of other people out there. I have seen about 8 members who have had issues with these wheels just on this forum, and that does not include the ones who are too embarrassed to say anything because of the cost of these wheels.

If the truth were really known I am sure that this is a pretty big problem, but people get buffalo'd alot of times to accept things they shouldn't.

If I were to come into your house and do some remodeling or build you a new house, I would be MADE fix it because of the laws and licensing requirements irregardless of what I thought. It is a regulated industry, evidentially wheel making is not and if it is then there must be a governing body that controls it, just haven't found who they are, YET.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #236
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Hmmm I'm going to do some digging and see what I can find on a "governing body" for wheels. Not promising anything, but if I can't find it then it probably doesn't exist.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #237
highstik5

Drives: Summit White SS/RS
Let me say first, that I really feel bad for all of you that have had bad experiences with Savini. But on the same token, I want to really thank you for posting your experiences here on the forum. It sucks that people have to get suckered in order for others to avoid making the same mistake, but I guess that is just the way it goes. I hope you get your wheels back brother and they don't have any of the problems that you have been describing. All of the comments on here have helped my choose my current wheels, and I couldn't be happier. It's nice to know that the consumer still has a voice against companies who think just because a fat pitcher for the yankees rolls their wheels or they mount them on Lamborghinis that they are quality products. Good luck to all, and keep encourage people to do their research!
highstik5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #238
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Hmmm I'm going to do some digging and see what I can find on a "governing body" for wheels. Not promising anything, but if I can't find it then it probably doesn't exist.
Good deal let us ALL know what you find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstik5 View Post
Let me say first, that I really feel bad for all of you that have had bad experiences with Savini. But on the same token, I want to really thank you for posting your experiences here on the forum. It sucks that people have to get suckered in order for others to avoid making the same mistake, but I guess that is just the way it goes. I hope you get your wheels back brother and they don't have any of the problems that you have been describing. All of the comments on here have helped my choose my current wheels, and I couldn't be happier. It's nice to know that the consumer still has a voice against companies who think just because a fat pitcher for the yankees rolls their wheels or they mount them on Lamborghinis that they are quality products. Good luck to all, and keep encourage people to do their research!
I hear ya......I knew when I bought this car that I would never sell it. I dreamed of owning a Muscle Car for years but they became rarer and more expensive and this Camaro was the best of both worlds. From the momnet I saw a concept drawing I knew I would own one if it was ever produced.

I guess that is how I justified the expense thinking I was GETTING what I PAID for..........NOT. Of course we all try and do research and ger recommendations on things like this but in the end it was my decision, not a wise one it turns out.

I too, hope they arrive today vibration and issue free. BUT it still will not change the fact of the problems and issues that have been gone through by me and SEVERAL others here on just this one forum.......If I can save one person from going through this ordeal then it is worth the embarassment.

If someone chooses to buy this brand at least they know upfront what they are getting into and the potential downfalls and consequences of their purchase.

I guess money does not always buy quality no matter how many times I hear " You get what you pay for"......I guess not.