Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #15
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Congrats on the vert. When your weather gets better you will love the top down experience. You may want to pm your VIN to one of the Chevrolet customer service reps here on this forum to check on any outstanding tsb's. Good luck.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #16
RamGrad

Drives: '11 2LT/RS Vert, '68 Chevy C10
Congrats!! Enjoy!!
RamGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Congratulations! Enjoy your new vehicle, and please let us know if you ever have any questions or concerns!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #18
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Congratulations on your new 2SS 'vert.

Did you receive the full, new vehicle warranty with your Camaro? Any idea of how or why the 220 miles were put on it? Was it transferred between dealers a few times (the window / Monroney sticker will have the dealer name to whom your Camaro was originally shipped new from the factory), or was it a GM / Chevy "show car" or something similar?

The reason I ask is because when I purchased my Saturn SKY Redline back in 2009, it had 300 miles on it and was used by GM as a "show" car where it was driven by GM execs from the dealership to the convention center and around town for a month. When I purchased it, the dealership told me I'd receive the "balance" / remainder of the bumper-to-bumper and powertrain warranty as they told me the vehicle had been "put into service" a year ago - meaning that the vehicle was entered into GM's system when it was serviced after it had been driven. I was able to get the dealer and GM / Saturn to honor the full GM new-vehicle warranty from the time I purchased the vehicle rather than when the dealership "put the vehicle into service), as it was previously untitled and also not used as a dealer "demo". If you're the first titled owner of the vehicle, then you should receive the full new-vehicle warrantly. That's a situation you may want to investigate immediately if you're not 100% certain about.

Just an FYI in relating my experience when having purchased a new GM vehicle.

The 5th Gen. 'vert is a terrific car. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #19
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Congrats on the new car. Did you check to see if the top recalls were done? I know it's something you don't want to hear, but rather get it done now when you're not driving it, then to have it done when there's great weather.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #20
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Thank you everyone. I am really excited about this car even though it is still stiing in the garage. We had a foot of snow last night, and it is supposed to hit -16 degrees later tonight (that is a minus sign!), so hopefully this is the worst winter we will have for a long time, because next winter it will be out in the snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Look at the ZL1 flaps

Ryan
I might have to check those out. I am a big fan of keeping stones and mud from flying off the tire directly to the body. I like the Z28 wheel flares and liners too, so I might wait to see if those will be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Congratulations on your new 2SS 'vert.

Did you receive the full, new vehicle warranty with your Camaro? Any idea of how or why the 220 miles were put on it? Was it transferred between dealers a few times (the window / Monroney sticker will have the dealer name to whom your Camaro was originally shipped new from the factory), or was it a GM / Chevy "show car" or something similar?
The car was sitting indoors at a dealer in Pennsylvania, so I am not really sure of the cause of the miles. The dealer I got it from got it in a trade where they needed something really bad from the other dealer, so they had to take my car too. I have the window stickers from both dealers.

I verified that I got the new warranty starting at 220 miles. It is in there as bumper to bumper until Dec 19 2016 or 36,226. I even made them write it on the purchase agreement just in case there was an issue. That was a big selling point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
Congrats on the new car. Did you check to see if the top recalls were done? I know it's something you don't want to hear, but rather get it done now when you're not driving it, then to have it done when there's great weather.
The one service bulletin was performed. I ran it a couple times when I bought it and it seems OK - but it does have an annoying rattle right above the windshield on the drivers side. One of the big reasons I got this one because I was nervous about getting a used one that might have top issues. At least I have three years of piece of mind!

Again, thank you everyone. Glad to be part of the car owning community and not just part of the website!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #21
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Glad you have all the info re; your vert's history and the warranty.

As another member posted, did you check out your top and check with your dealer re; "top recall". As you have over 100 posts on the forum, I'm guessing you're aware of the issues with the convertible tops some of the 2011 and early 2012 built 'verts. Not all of us have had these problems but it's definitely something to be aware of and monitor for.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #22
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Congrats on the new Camaro convertible, I still love mine even with top issues....enjoy! Now, let the modding begin!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #23
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Congrats on the new Camaro convertible, I still love mine even with top issues....enjoy! Now, let the modding begin!
Exactly! I am just hoping for the best. Maybe it has "settled" an I won;t have any issues other than that rattle.

Going to put the ZL1 shifter in it for sure, and maybe even the 1LE suspension. I would like to even throw a ZL1 dual mode exhaust on it - it sounds awesome! I figure I need to stick to factory mods until the warranty is up!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Exactly! I am just hoping for the best. Maybe it has "settled" an I won;t have any issues other than that rattle.

Going to put the ZL1 shifter in it for sure, and maybe even the 1LE suspension. I would like to even throw a ZL1 dual mode exhaust on it - it sounds awesome! I figure I need to stick to factory mods until the warranty is up!

-Geoff
Just to let you know if you hear the rattle up at the front of the top check the plastic panel that surrounds the release handle. It could be loose or broken. Mine broke and they replaced the panel and now mine is fine with no rattles. One way to check is while driving and you hear the rattle put your hand on the panel and see if the rattle goes away.
Also I have the GM quarter Flares(they are not called mud flaps) and like them, but it does stop you from using ground effects or the ZL1 rocker panels.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #25
Cool AirZ28

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Convert.
Congrats on the new car. You will love it. The mod big will keep you broke for the rest of your life now. Lol
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-Smoked tail lights and side markers, HID log lights, & LED lighting inside/outside the car, SJM LED Cupholder, SJM full dashboard ABL lighting, ZL1 Rockers, 1LE Splitter, Showstopper LED Mirrors, Showstopper LED Side Markers, & Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood, 20" Niche Concourse ZL1 Styled wheels 20X8.5 & 20X10 with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 Nitto Invos, Black Gorilla Lug Nuts/Locks, Black Billet Elite Camaro License Plate Holder, and Hydro Dipped Speedo/Shifter/AC-Heat Bezels.
Cool AirZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #26
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool AirZ28 View Post
Congrats on the new car. You will love it. The mod big will keep you broke for the rest of your life now. Lol
Nah only a few yrs you have to spread things out

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #27
Elwood

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Top Recalls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
I have a 2011 2SS vert & love it. The Car Fax had listed some warranty work on the top that was done. Do you have any details on the recalls, or where I can find them?
Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #28
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Congrats on the Vert !!!

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote