Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #15
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
I would say the V6 Mustang is embarassing next to the V6 Camaro for just 1K less. Hopefully,it will matter for once and maybe we'll get a better V6 out of slipping sales. Well,i also mean not just the engine but the base car as a whole.
The V8 has potential, but it certainly doesn't compete out of the factory either.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #16
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The V8 has potential, but it certainly doesn't compete out of the factory either.
...............with the SS,it doesn't compete with the SS. The GT is on par or betters everything else in power and mostly handling with everything else in its price range. Mostly power and especially in styling. It's that pesky SS that will leave it behind and it's the main rival so it makes the GT look worse than it actually is. Same as in '94,that GT was a hell of a car,yet when you got a 275HP Z28 sitting around. The Challenger R/T matches the GT just due to the excessive weight,but it's that freak of nature SS that makes the GT look bad.
The V6 is the one that Ford needs to work on,it's uninspiring in nearly every way,yet it still sells
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #17
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Ya know, its not JUST the fact that Ford is still putting a weak V6 in the Mustang... the biggest turn off for me was, it is a weak V6 AND it STILL gets worse gas mileage than the stronger V6 in the Camaro!! I mean, if you're gonna make a weaker engine, at least get some better mileage out of it so you have some sort of excuse. Like my car, its a Focus yeah, but she gets 33 mpg (and is still fun to drive with the ST and 5 speed manual).... that being said i cant wait to trade it in for the Camaro lol
Old 12-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #18
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
...............with the SS,it doesn't compete with the SS. The GT is on par or betters everything else in power and mostly handling with everything else in its price range. Mostly power and especially in styling. It's that pesky SS that will leave it behind and it's the main rival so it makes the GT look worse than it actually is. Same as in '94,that GT was a hell of a car,yet when you got a 275HP Z28 sitting around. The Challenger R/T matches the GT just due to the excessive weight,but it's that freak of nature SS that makes the GT look bad.
The V6 is the one that Ford needs to work on,it's uninspiring in nearly every way,yet it still sells
One of the reasons I sold my 05 GT is because every block I would see one driving by , plus it was a Ford lol , these mustangs did not have any competition until now now we have the chally and maro hitting the streets and the SS will slaughter the competition , that's why I bought a classic z28 you don't see them around and I get lots of looks (500hp) the only thing that sucks with my car is the fuel lol , now a NEW Z28 would be ultra rare to see on the streets why BIG MONEY , one can only hope they build them , blown vette motor WoW
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #19
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
I do. The more there are, the cheaper the aftermarket will be.
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:41 AM   #20
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
once the V6 Camaro comes out it won't sell nearly as much
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote