Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2007, 12:05 AM   #57
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Though I agree with you on the examples you've shown, Chevrolet and GM in general have a very good reputation for bringing concepts to production with very minimal change.

AND. regardless of that, There have been confirmed reports by many memebers of GM (Ed Peper, Bob Lutz...etc.) stating that they have seen the production model, and we won't be able to tell the difference. I trust them on that 100%.
Obviously the mirrors, and the tire size, and possibly the headlights (mechanically), but other than that, the Production Camaro stays true to the Concept.

Meaning: The nose will NOT change...
I'm w/ Dragon 100% on this. GM staff said it wasn't changing (other than the obvious). Now, w/ the 94 Camaro or HHR...I'd need to see pix of the HHR in it's concept form too see what happened, because that is a picture of a HHR that was given to Unique Performance for the "Rides" episode where they pimp and mod it oud. But, regardless, we visited this entire topic 6 months ago and other pix were put up proving that GM really stays true to it's roots. I rememer seeing a picture of the Chrysler Crossfire in there too.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:59 AM   #58
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
Look at the mustang for example...it's not THAT much different than the concept. And plus take into consideration that the second one is a V6 model and not a GT. The GTO...correct me if i'm wrong but the concept was in 99...long before the zeta platform. (like i said i might be wrong about that)

I have faith in GM and hold them to their word that minor things will change but it will be really close to the concept. I mean so far they have done everything they said they would do.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:05 AM   #59
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
Maybe but how do you explain the HHR or the 1994 Camaro Concepts?
I sure hope your right, because it's perfect the way it is.

Boy they sure missed on the charger though. I like the concept better, but my Wife
likes the current one.

Are you saying that Camaro (I believe it was called a 'California Camaro') is immensely different from what was really produced?

Because it looks extremely close to the production version. Only some minor, for the most part, cosmetic changes.

(Aside from the 2006 Camaro Concept, that California Camaro and the Pontiac Banshee are the best looking concepts ever to come from GM IMO.)
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:11 AM   #60
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
I am convinced that the production car will look alot different, even the nose will change. Take for instance the Charger Concept

and look what we got.
I'm going to go against what most people may believe and admit I find the production Charger MUCH better looking than the concept.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #61
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Its a toss up, but as people keep saying. Keep the faith. Look at the worst case scenario, it goes belly up and is nothing like the concept. You just don't buy a camaro.

Personally I don't think it will change much, although I am going to have to find a fabricator to replicate the concepts mirrors for mine...
Old 07-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #62
TravelingCamaro

Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Diar if you find someone to make those mirrors for ya... let me know who. I must have those mirrors as well. As for the rims and tires... I hope they make the rims smaller. I have had 18's 19's and 20's all on a 2002 Celica and I have to admit that the 18's where the smoothest. The 19's and 20's you could feel every single pebble you ran over. So anything around 18's for rims would be nice IMO.
TravelingCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #63
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
They already said that it would be virtually unchanged from the concept. A little narrower and taller. Smaller wheels. Other than that, I thought the design is pretty much what you see here. The concept Charger didn't directly lead into the production one, it was years old before the Benz-derived LX cars appeared. I like the rear end on the concept mustang better than the production version though. If my memory serves me correctly I remember reading that hideway lights a la RS should be seen at SEMA a little while after launch, but since I cant back that up with a source it's just hearsay right now.
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:07 AM   #64
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
They already said that it would be virtually unchanged from the concept. A little narrower and taller. Smaller wheels. Other than that, I thought the design is pretty much what you see here. The concept Charger didn't directly lead into the production one, it was years old before the Benz-derived LX cars appeared. I like the rear end on the concept mustang better than the production version though. If my memory serves me correctly I remember reading that hideway lights a la RS should be seen at SEMA a little while after launch, but since I cant back that up with a source it's just hearsay right now.
No, I remember hearing that too...that the Camaro would have hideaways at Sema. I don't recall who said it either, but it was said.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:41 AM   #65
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
It was lutz I believe in one of the videos. He said the lights wouldn't change much if at all. He also said he was sure hideways would be at SEMA.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #66
JeepinMatt

Would be nice if the RS package is actually an RS. Stripes, badging, hideaway lights etc...
Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #67
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
Would be nice if the RS package is actually an RS. Stripes, badging, hideaway lights etc...
Badging and hideaways I can go for. No stripes please. I like the RS designation, but hate stripes. I'd prefer the RS be what it was on the 3rd Gens, Badging and GFX (I can take or leave hideaway headlights personally).
Old 07-20-2007, 01:09 AM   #68
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I think Hideaways would harm the look of the Camaro personally. In general - hideaways are cool, but I'm not sure this car could sport them well. I feel kinda the same way about the '69's. I'm not too keen on hideaways on those cars, either....
Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 AM   #69
JeepinMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I think Hideaways would harm the look of the Camaro personally. In general - hideaways are cool, but I'm not sure this car could sport them well. I feel kinda the same way about the '69's. I'm not too keen on hideaways on those cars, either....
I've always loved the hideaways on the old cars. My mom had an old red RS/SS back in the day. I was hoping they'd come out with hideaways, but now that they did I think that they would harm the looks of the car. These headlights look very well done as they are. Modern and retro at the same time. An original, fresh design but with enough heritage so that you won't mistake it for anything else.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:38 AM   #70
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

You mean you don't like this?
Attached Images