Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #127
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
No hotshot I didnt take it wrong or miss the point, hence the questions. Just because one has 3 degrees and a business dont make one a child expert or even a man. I was raised old school and raise my kids as such also. However one kid has a concentration problem. ADHD,ADD whatever the F one wants to call it, is a real problem. Untill you whoop your kids ass enough or punish or do whatever you can to get them to concentrate on doing what theyre supposed to be doing with no results other then a kid who still cant concentrate, then you can speak on the matter. Untill then STFU about something you know nothing about.
Sir yes sir.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #128
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
The reason? Easy. The 2nd Amendment. Whats the reason to burn an American flag? The 1st Amendment. This is very easy. You need the appropiate documents.

Okay, here we go.........so you are one of the people that knows exactly what the founding fathers meant.... can I please borrow your time machine?
so by your post you think the 2nd means....I can carry what I want, when I want, and where I want and no one or no law can or should do anything about it....." and the Constitution is all about "me"..... screw everyone else and their rights?? sounds like it......sorry professor, your rights go only so far as they don't infringe on someone else's...

Now don't get me wrong, I am not against private gun ownership as long as its done by responsible people who don't have the propensity towards violence and criminal behavior. You have to look at time when those rights were written and the purpose for which those "arms" were needed.....ie, as a call for a general citizen militia to fight as an "army"..... so maybe you have an argument for carrying assault weapons where and when you see fit....if we were in a "Red Dawn" kind of condition, but in times of peace your "right" will be regulated for the "peace and safety" of the general public.....
So....go ahead and grab up your assault rifle and walk up Pennsylvania Ave in DC or walk up to your local school....see how far your 2nd Amendment right gets you....sorry sport that ship won't sail.....
and if you feel you need to carry an assault rifle around for self protection....you my friend have some freakin issues.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #129
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Okay, here we go.........so you are one of the people that knows exactly what the founding fathers meant.... can I please borrow your time machine?
so by your post you think the 2nd means....I can carry what I want, when I want, and where I want and no one or no law can or should do anything about it....." and the Constitution is all about "me"..... screw everyone else and their rights?? sounds like it......sorry professor, your rights go only so far as they don't infringe on someone else's...

Now don't get me wrong, I am not against private gun ownership as long as its done by responsible people who don't have the propensity towards violence and criminal behavior. You have to look at time when those rights were written and the purpose for which those "arms" were needed.....ie, as a call for a general citizen militia to fight as an "army"..... so maybe you have an argument for carrying assault weapons where and when you see fit....if we were in a "Red Dawn" kind of condition, but in times of peace your "right" will be regulated for the "peace and safety" of the general public.....
So....go ahead and grab up your assault rifle and walk up Pennsylvania Ave in DC or walk up to your local school....see how far your 2nd Amendment right gets you....sorry sport that ship won't sail.....
and if you feel you need to carry an assault rifle around for self protection....you my friend have some freakin issues.
let me ask you something:

would the murders in Chicago go up or down if the government quit infringing on the personal liberties associated with the second amendment?
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #130
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
let me ask you something:

would the murders in Chicago go up or down if the government quit infringing on the personal liberties associated with the second amendment?

I can't answer that and neither can you.... I think you would have a stronger argument for different types of crimes like home invasions, robbery, assault...there are so many questions to answer about the crimes you are referring to...plus you are only asking about one dynamic and aren't including all the other variables related to the increase/decrease in death of citizens related to firearms (increase in accidental deaths for example or domestic related incidents) that come along with unregulated and increased ownership.....of course we can speculate about the effect.....but everything is all well and good until someone goes on a rampage and mows down a bunch of people....right or wrong?..... you can blame all the people who have done incredibly evil and stupid things to screw up what you think is your unregulated right to bear arms my friend...... do I think we will ever be able to totally control the gun problem....no......but it needs to be regulated...Based on my experience as an LEO there are people in this country who shouldn't have the right to bear arms such as say a psych patient... maybe off their meds or having an episode which is always just so much "fun" to deal with.....doubt you will be stepping out to help get in a gun battle on that one........sorry that's just my opinion and of course according to the Constitution that's my right...correct?

Look, I am not going to get in an in depth argument over the Amendments to the Constitution... unfortunately the of this site aren't going to allow it....so lets end it here and say its a document written long ago that unfortunately is left up to changing interpretation and seems to evolve as society does....you don't like certain things...and neither do I, but that's the way life goes....

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 10-30-2013 at 12:13 PM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #131
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
I can't answer that and neither can you.... I think you would have a stronger argument for different types of crimes like home invasions, robbery, assault...there are so many questions to answer about the crimes you are referring to...plus you are only asking about one dynamic and aren't including all the other variables related to the increase/decrease in death of citizens related to firearms (increase in accidental deaths for example or domestic related incidents) that come along with unregulated and increased ownership.....of course we can speculate about the effect.....but everything is all well and good until someone goes on a rampage and mows down a bunch of people....right or wrong?..... you can blame all the people who have done incredibly evil and stupid things to screw up what you think is your unregulated right to bear arms my friend...... do I think we will ever be able to totally control the gun problem....no......but it needs to be regulated...Based on my experience as an LEO there are people in this country who shouldn't have the right to bear arms such as say a psych patient... maybe off their meds or having an episode which is always just so much "fun" to deal with.....doubt you will be stepping out to help get in a gun battle on that one........sorry that's just my opinion and of course according to the Constitution that's my right...correct?

Look, I am not going to get in an in depth argument over the Amendments to the Constitution... unfortunately the of this site aren't going to allow it....so lets end it here and say its a document written long ago that unfortunately is left up to changing interpretation and seems to evolve as society does....you don't like certain things...and neither do I, but that's the way life goes....
based on your response, you know pretty much jack shit about the Constitution and i know exactly what type of officer you are... that being said, im glad we don't have any like you in our force.. you would destroy the integrity and public/officer relations in our community..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #132
SILVERHAWK

Wow internet tough guy....... I'm glad you are law abiding citizen.....I said in my post before that....I did not have a problem with gun ownership by responsible people who don't have a propensity to violence or criminal behavior..... sounds like you need hooked on phonics and learn to read everything before you go off.....
there is a difference between ownership and carrying it in a public setting....

Since my vest won't stop 7.62mm rounds...yeah when on duty I am a little scared....good articulation for when I need to use force...

I understand the Constitution and the Bill of Rights just fine sir.....studied it

get a life........and don't worry I won't be coming to get your gun fine upstanding citizen.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #133
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
based on your response, you know pretty much jack shit about the Constitution and i know exactly what type of officer you are... that being said, im glad we don't have any like you in our force.. you would destroy the integrity and public/officer relations in our community..

ok whatever...have a great day
Old 10-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #134
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Why are cops so sensitive? If you;re scared get a new job. I can carry my gun anywhere I choose, except some PRIVATE business and government buildings. Sorry that bothers you. See I protect myself and my family. I dont call guys and girls in funny suits to help. They are minutes away when seconds count. So again I dont see how me carry a weapon infringes on anyone. At all. My gun just sits in a safe waiting for ME to use it. Guns dont have legs and brains. Sorry.
I suppose every cop in your area should know who YOU are? lol for all they know, you're a wanted criminal. I'm staying on topic of weapons like AK's. Not guns in holsters.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #135
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Why are cops so sensitive? If you;re scared get a new job. I can carry my gun anywhere I choose, except some PRIVATE business and government buildings. Sorry that bothers you. See I protect myself and my family. I dont call guys and girls in funny suits to help. They are minutes away when seconds count. So again I dont see how me carry a weapon infringes on anyone. At all. My gun just sits in a safe waiting for ME to use it. Guns dont have legs and brains. Sorry.
Quote:
More people died from drunk drivers than bullets. Lets ban alcohol and cars. LOL poor people. Maybe Obamacare can cure you.
Quote:
I thought the study showing police departments hiring the lowest IQ people they could was a lie. Maybe not.
dude, calm down. looks who's the sensitive one. you are blowing this thread out of proportion.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #136
SILVERHAWK

yeah, someone has got their panties bunched........
Old 10-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #137
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
AHH the "you look guilty so prove you;re innocent". Go to Iran.
so cops should just ignore everyone on the streets who happen to be carrying an AK? I would bet you money that there are a ton more criminals carrying an AK, than upright US citizens...

and please explain to me, how or why a good, law abiding citizen would carry an AK in the open, not in a case or anything? There's really no need, unless you want trouble. and again, i'm talking about California, because it's against the law to carry an AK open, in public. because that's what this thread is about. it's not about some willy nilly being able to carry any weapon, in public. make your own thread if you want to debate that.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #138
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Cops dont know who I am. They can ask but Ill ignore them until Im being detained for a crime. I love knowing my rights.
this thread is about an incident in California. a person had what looked like an AK. which is against the law in California.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #139
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Then why are you telling me? Silverhawk brought "assualt rifles" into this. Good grief.
I believe AK's are considered assault rifles by most.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #140
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31B View Post
Six seconds is an eternity especially when someone has what you may believe is something that may kill you.

Yes, but they don't know if his intent is to hurt anyone. Treating everyone as a threat will result in these incidents.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote