Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #113
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmoke View Post
What's the proof to say they were right? I'm not trying to bash law enforcement or anything. But there are plenty of times when cops say one thing happened wheb reality was different. I feel a little more restriction could have been used in this case. They said he turned and pointed it at him. For all we know the cops yelled to him and he started to turn around cause for all we know he didn't know what they were yelling and the cops took that as him pointing the gun at them. In the end this is my opinion. The only thing that has bothered me is people saying this kid was stupid..it's his fault etc. the kid was 13 and is now dead. A little self control from people on the forums would be good too. There's most likely 100 more facts that are unknown. And as for it being modified, you can buy replica parts that are not* painted orange, pretty common thing.
Like I said its easy to quarterback the situation from the safety of the internet and basing everything on what the media puts out. I can only tell you we encounter so many different people day in and day out..no 2 encounters are the same and one action (whether verbal or physical) done by either party can drastically change the outcome to the good or bad in an instant
You are entitled to your opinion...can't take that from you.....but let me say this.......go suit up and hit the street as an LEO for 20 years in one of the metropolitan areas and then we'll ask for your opinion again....I'll bet my pension it will change.....just saying.
Guess there is supposed to be a difference between a toy gun that looks real and a the real thing.....would your opinion still be the same if the kid was carrying the real thing? I bet those officers wished that the kid had had a sign hanging above his head that said "Hey cops....I'm 13 and this is a realistic looking toy gun I'm holding" don't shoot me..... ahhhh life in a perfect world
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
So can you not open carry in This State?

Maybe we should all paint an orange tip on our guns....
Ummm yes there is open carry here, but lets put it this way....What's your reason for needing to carry an assault rifle down the street and in your hands not slung over your shoulder? As far as I know the zombie apocalypse hasn't started.....You don't think carrying a weapon like this would raise suspicion and fear in the general public?.....In places like Iraq and Afghanistan its common place not here in the US...
I would say there is a difference between carrying a pistol on your hip in a holster and walking around downtown and carrying an assault rifle in your hands
and generally stuffing a pistol inside your waistband is considered concealed not open carry

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 10-27-2013 at 04:38 PM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #114
Ksmoke

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT/RS
I understand there are both sides. Honestly like people have stated no one knows exactly what happened unless they were there and saw it. I took the kids side mainly cause majority of people seemed to be only looking at it from the cops side. There's plenty of things the kid and cops could/should have done differently. I was posing the different side of what COULD have happened, again we obviously don't know.
I've grown up with cops and military in my family so I know the ups and downs of the job, seen things first hand. I'm not trying to bash on law enforcement, purely posing a different view. Either way a kid is dead and I'm sure the cops not happy with what happened.
And for the other question about a kid stabbing someone, fire away. If the person or kid in this case is causing physical/deadly harm use the same force.
Ksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #115
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Nobody's kids are bad anymore. They all just have ADD or some other made up condition. Nobody is responsible for anything. Not parents, certainly not the children.

'Doc, I don't want to parent my kids, can you just drug them instead?'

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #116
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
He wasn't a kid he was a teenager. He knew better.

You think the police wanted to shoot him? Yes they'll be cleared of any charges and said they did what they were trained to do.. But people will always send threats and hate towards those officers. It sucks.
Hence why so many officers get killed..

We had a guy pull out 3 different items acting like they were guns. He was on the phone with a family member saying he wanted to die. He finally pulled of the gun he had been going around the area randomly shooting and my friend/coworker shot him 3 times and fired 4 times.
The officers name was never released and the family said it was for the best. Family even said the officer did what he had to do. When the officer was asked how he felt he said he wasn't going to let the guy shoot his fellow officers. The officers who couldn't see what was in his hand because of how the lighting was.

That's the "best case" but very very very rarely does it go like that.

Now that I think of it... For being such a small "upperclass" city we've delt with a lot of crap these past 3 years...

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #117
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
The sad part is this kid was probably raised by absentee parent(s). These missing parents selfishly thought about themselves rather than the needs of this kid. Instead of parents teaching respect, values, morals and character the kid used TV, R-rated movies, violent video games, explicit music lyrics to babysit and learn about the world around him.
Walking around with a replica assault rifle with a missing orange tip and allegedly pointing it at cops is ok since he saw the same thing while playing video games.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #118
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
My last incident was tac call. Guy came out with a gun in each hand at his sides. He started to raise his guns towards my partners. I went 11 out of 14 in 1.75 seconds with my m4. He got off 3 rounds in that time, hit nobody

My point is this: A lot of things can happen in a few seconds, and it takes almost 0 time to get rounds off. Anyone that has been on the wrong side of bullets can tell you that....

So to everyone wanting to second guess, say they fired too much, say they should have wounded him etc....... Unless you have been in similar situations when lives are on the line, keep your mouth shut and say thank you.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #119
Leo_black

Drives: 2013 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
My last incident was tac call. Guy came out with a gun in each hand at his sides. He started to raise his guns towards my partners. I went 11 out of 14 in 1.75 seconds with my m4. He got off 3 rounds in that time, hit nobody

My point is this: A lot of things can happen in a few seconds, and it takes almost 0 time to get rounds off. Anyone that has been on the wrong side of bullets can tell you that....

So to everyone wanting to second guess, say they fired too much, say they should have wounded him etc....... Unless you have been in similar situations when lives are on the line, keep your mouth shut and say thank you.
+1
Leo_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #120
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post

+2

Name:  img1.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  19.1 KB

I had to read your post with a Jack Nicholson voice from A Few Good Men. Especially the last part!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #121
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
The reason? Easy. The 2nd Amendment. Whats the reason to burn an American flag? The 1st Amendment. This is very easy. You need the appropiate documents.
California does not allow open carry for "assault" weapons. not going to get in a debate over what exactly is an "assault" weapon. But the supposed weapon in this instance looked like an AK. which by California law, is an assault weapon.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #122
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
in a lot of instances, 10 seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but i'm sure it doesn't take 10 seconds to turn around and lift a gun. I'm sure the cops didn't say, "hey you, drop the gun". they probably said "this is the police, drop the weapon". or something to that affect, to where they have acknowledge that they are the authorities. and then told him to drop it a second time. For the kid to turn around and raise his gun, would have taken 2, 3, 4 seconds? they waited about 10 seconds. that's a long time. I mean, if you try to replay this scenario in your head, the kid probably didn't turn around right away, and was probably thinking about what to do next...

of course that's just the way i'm thinking. I don't see why a police officer of 25 years is looking to kill the next person he sees, like a rabid dog or something.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #123
Leo_black

Drives: 2013 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
in a lot of instances, 10 seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but i'm sure it doesn't take 10 seconds to turn around and lift a gun. I'm sure the cops didn't say, "hey you, drop the gun". they probably said "this is the police, drop the weapon". or something to that affect, to where they have acknowledge that they are the authorities. and then told him to drop it a second time. For the kid to turn around and raise his gun, would have taken 2, 3, 4 seconds? they waited about 10 seconds. that's a long time. I mean, if you try to replay this scenario in your head, the kid probably didn't turn around right away, and was probably thinking about what to do next...

of course that's just the way i'm thinking. I don't see why a police officer of 25 years is looking to kill the next person he sees, like a rabid dog or something.
If it were only the rookie that shot then I could see something not right, maybe he panicked or something. But this cop has 24/25 (I've seen both in news reports) experience. I doubt after that long on the force all his training would be forgotten and he would blindly shoot a kid on purpose or even accidentally for that matter.
Leo_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #124
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Nobody's kids are bad anymore. They all just have ADD or some other made up condition. Nobody is responsible for anything. Not parents, certainly not the children.

'Doc, I don't want to parent my kids, can you just drug them instead?'

I'm hoping a little sarcasm here in that statement. Not everyone with kids are bad parents and point blame to everyone other then themselves. You have kids or are you just a kid yourself?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #125
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
I'm hoping a little sarcasm here in that statement. Not everyone with kids are bad parents and point blame to everyone other then themselves. You have kids or are you just a kid yourself?
Certainly didn't intend the 'nobody' to be taken literally. I meant it as a predominant trend i see, you know, conversational English? One thing you can always count on with C5 is somebody to completely miss the intent of a statement and get somehow offended.

But to answer your question, I'm just a 'kid' that was taught to take responsibility for myself and my actions and as a result, have operated my own successful business and now have 3 degrees and a solid career at 24. It's not difficult to see the correlation.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #126
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Certainly didn't intend the 'nobody' to be taken literally. I meant it as a predominant trend i see, you know, conversational English? One thing you can always count on with C5 is somebody to completely miss the intent of a statement and get somehow offended.

But to answer your question, I'm just a 'kid' that was taught to take responsibility for myself and my actions and as a result, have operated my own successful business and now have 3 degrees and a solid career at 24. It's not difficult to see the correlation.

No hotshot I didnt take it wrong or miss the point, hence the questions. Just because one has 3 degrees and a business dont make one a child expert or even a man. I was raised old school and raise my kids as such also. However one kid has a concentration problem. ADHD,ADD whatever the F one wants to call it, is a real problem. Untill you whoop your kids ass enough or punish or do whatever you can to get them to concentrate on doing what theyre supposed to be doing with no results other then a kid who still cant concentrate, then you can speak on the matter. Untill then STFU about something you know nothing about.