Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #295
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAustin View Post
Yes, I'm also curious whether / why it's imperative to tap ground to the taillight harness on one side (passenger) and to power on the other (driver) side. (And thanks for the PDF!)
I did it both on drivers side and all is fine. So I don't think it's entirely imperative to do so.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #296
Johnthegreat

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
I have a extra head unit . thinking of selling it.its for the nav/heated seats.
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #297
JAustin

Drives: (sold) 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthegreat View Post
I have a extra head unit . thinking of selling it.its for the nav/heated seats.
Sounds like you mean faceplate, not head unit?
JAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #298
Johnthegreat

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
No head unit. I bought it off member with the face plate of this site. It still needs to be program By gen5
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #299
CamaroW&b

Drives: SS / ZL1 Kit retrofit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
This is what my back up camera is producing for a picture. Black and white, not centered.

I hooked up my n64 to the video input to see if its a problem there and it checked out to work fine so it's a problem with the harness or camera after that point .

I got the same issue. No solution so far ?

Performance: ZL1 Corsa Catback Exhaust - CAI - Kooks 1 7/8"x3" Long tube headers.

Exterior: Full ZL1 body kit conversion.

Suspension upgrades
CamaroW&b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #300
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Got the word to day from GTPprix the one unit we sent out to test that the costumer sent back with no screen coming on, was not in the program, his was in the AC connector, when he went back to stock his old ac control did not come on.

any one that can PM me with a unit that does not power on i want to take the time and help fix it.

Any one that has a bad pic on the 2012 car from the camera PM chevy24@gen5diy and will get you set, one wire in the harness is off.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:14 PM   #301
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Mylink Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Got the word to day from GTPprix the one unit we sent out to test that the costumer sent back with no screen coming on, was not in the program, his was in the AC connector, when he went back to stock his old ac control did not come on.

any one that can PM me with a unit that does not power on i want to take the time and help fix it.

Any one that has a bad pic on the 2012 car from the camera PM chevy24@gen5diy and will get you set, one wire in the harness is off.

That was me and it is now installed and working perfectly! Dealer swapped the harness and connector A20 and I was up and running in about an hour today!

One question I do have is what account is the XM radio now under? I sent a refresh signal via the XM website and everything started working fine. When I went to my XM account to change the radio ID to my new one it said it was associated to another account.

And does the MyLink display grid lines for the backup camera like my mirror display? If so, how do you turn them on?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #302
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
That was me and it is now installed and working perfectly! Dealer swapped the harness and connector A20 and I was up and running in about an hour today!

One question I do have is what account is the XM radio now under? I sent a refresh signal via the XM website and everything started working fine. When I went to my XM account to change the radio ID to my new one it said it was associated to another account.

And does the MyLink display grid lines for the backup camera like my mirror display? If so, how do you turn them on?

First congrats, GTPprix and i think some how when you added the 5 wires for the AC connecter one of the wires in the harness got damaged, or was bad to start, GTPprix call me yesterday he had your old unit working and the display on too.

As far as i know the camera in the mylink does not have any grid lines in it, there in the mirror form the 2012 cars only.

If you have the radio ID in hand ( the one off Chanel 0 of the radio ) you need to call them you cant do it of the App or on line.

Last edited by 2SSRS@Gen5diy; 06-08-2014 at 05:15 PM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #303
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
First congrats, GTPprix and i think for you some how when you added the 5 wires for the AC connecter one of the wires in the harness got damaged, or was bad to start, GTPprix call me yesterday he had your old unit working and the display on too.

As far as i know the camera in the mylink does not have any grid lines in it, there in the mirror form the 2012 cars only.

If you have the radio ID in hand ( the one off Chanel 0 of the radio ) you need to call them you cant do it of the App or on line.

Thanks again for all the help and support through my issues. I was glad to find out it was an easy fix under warranty. Love the MyLink upgrade and the customer service Ofer!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #304
ohiocrew

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
I had the same issue with XM. When I tried to change the radio I.D. on my XM Account, it said the radio was already associated with another account. Long story short it appears that they activate the XM to make sure they work before shipping them out to us. The XM people told me my radio was on their three month free program and that GEN5 was the registered individual. It was no problem, they switched the radio over to my account. (They charged me a $15.00 transfer fee).
ohiocrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #305
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Is there no way to change the name from "gen5diy"?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #306
ohiocrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Is there no way to change the name from "gen5diy"?

The only way I was successful was to call SirusXM. Could not do anything when I logged on to my account. When I entered the radio number, a message in red letters popped up about already being registered to another account.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #307
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Talked to XM a little while ago. They switched it over and gave me a 3 month trial. No mention of a $15 fee.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #308
ohiocrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Talked to XM a little while ago. They switched it over and gave me a 3 month trial. No mention of a $15 fee.
They cancelled the 3 Month Trial that was already in effect for the "new" radio. (I already had an active subscription) maybe that is the difference....