Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
The (Un)official Fbodfather Photo Tribute Thread

Name:  fbodfatherescalades.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  121.7 KB

As you've probably seen by now, our beloved Fbodfather, Scott Settlemire, has announced his forthcoming retirement from General Motors. Well, we in the Camaro community are not going to let him go as easily.
I've traveled far and wide in the Camaro world, and whenever Scott Settlemire's name came up, it was usually followed by the sharing of a wonderful story or stories of time spent with, or some of the kind deeds of the man we Camaro enthusiasts have come to know and love. I never cease to be amazed at the number of stories that tell of an important man that could still make time to sign somebody's car, or just call to see how someone was doing. To him, the "little" people have never been little. And he never put himself above others, or out of reach.
I know that wherever Scott has traveled, there were always cameras around. I'd be willing to bet that many of you have cherished photos of your encounter with the Fbodfather. Probably all of them feature a lot of smiles. I'm sure Scott could use some of those smiles right now. So I'm asking everyone to post their pictures of the good times they have spent with him. Also feel free to post your stories, I'll bet there's some good ones we haven't heard yet.
Scott Settlemire has touched many hearts and lives in this community, and I'm sure hoping he isn't done yet. It's time for us to congratulate Scott on his retirement, to thank him for his attention and service to us, and most of all say "We're not done with you yet!" Take care of your health, and when you're ready, come out and see us.

We'll always be here waiting to greet you with open arms.

After all, it is the very definition of Camaro:

Name:  20150831_190228 resize.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  86.8 KB

I'll start if off with one of my favorites...

Name:  Kissinfbodfather.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  54.7 KB

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
I met Scott for the first time at the F-Body Gathering in Atlanta. He signed my car, and gave me a big compliment on my little V6. Before that time, I didn't realize how wonderful it was to meet him, because he helped bring back the beloved Camaro that I wanted after trading my '98 many years before!
Attached Images

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #3
LSXDoc

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS/1LE
The Gathering (G19)
Atlanta, GA
Memorial Day Weekend 2015

Stainless Power LTs w/ CATs
Stainless Works ZL1 Res. Delete 3" Retro Catback
DST Ported ZL1 TB
619RWHP / 539LB-FT
LSXDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
It has been my honor to meet and speak with you on multiple occasions. Always with a smile and a great story. I cannot begin to say enough of the happy trips and wonderful times our Camaro has brought me and Missy. it truly did change our life. We have made more friends and traveled to many new places and events, all because of this car.
Attached Images

hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:23 AM   #6
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Met Scott and talked with him at several Camaro events over the years. Here he is signing my "old" Camaro SS in Bowling Green (back when he still 1) had most of his hair and 2) thought smoking was cool).
Attached Images

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #7
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Here's one from an old automobilemag.com article when the ZL1 'vert was released that I think makes him look sophisticated. Which he has been able to pull off a few times in his career.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #8
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I met Scott in 1997 at the Street Nationals East Camaro show in the Pocono's of PA. He brought a 98 Z28 to the show. He has signed my 94 Z28, 02 SS and my 2010 SS. Here is a picture of Scott with my 2010 SS in Wilmington, DE Camaro show.

2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:52 AM   #9
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Attachment 741372

As you've probably seen by now, our beloved Fbodfather, Scott Settlemire, has announced his forthcoming retirement from General Motors. Well, we in the Camaro community are not going to let him go as easily.
I've traveled far and wide in the Camaro world, and whenever Scott Settlemire's name came up, it was usually followed by the sharing of a wonderful story or stories of time spent with, or some of the kind deeds of the man we Camaro enthusiasts have come to know and love. I never cease to be amazed at the number of stories that tell of an important man that could still make time to sign somebody's car, or just call to see how someone was doing. To him, the "little" people have never been little. And he never put himself above others, or out of reach.
I know that wherever Scott has traveled, there were always cameras around. I'd be willing to bet that many of you have cherished photos of your encounter with the Fbodfather. Probably all of them feature a lot of smiles. I'm sure Scott could use some of those smiles right now. So I'm asking everyone to post their pictures of the good times they have spent with him. Also feel free to post your stories, I'll bet there's some good ones we haven't heard yet.
Scott Settlemire has touched many hearts and lives in this community, and I'm sure hoping he isn't done yet. It's time for us to congratulate Scott on his retirement, to thank him for his attention and service to us, and most of all say "We're not done with you yet!" Take care of your health, and when you're ready, come out and see us.

We'll always be here waiting to greet you with open arms.

After all, it is the very definition of Camaro:

Attachment 741375

I'll start if off with one of my favorites...

Attachment 741374
thank you for doing this - the decision to retire was one of the hardest I've ever had to make -- and I'm grateful for your kind words and thoughts. YOU the Camaro enthusiast community is what has made my life so complete............
Old 09-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #10
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I'm going to start digging through Iphoto, I know I have several to post.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #11
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
thank you for doing this - the decision to retire was one of the hardest I've ever had to make -- and I'm grateful for your kind words and thoughts. YOU the Camaro enthusiast community is what has made my life so complete............
Who are those people in ur signature?
Old 09-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #12
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Who are those people in ur signature?
That would be Arnold Schwarzengger (sp?) and myself........
Old 09-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #13
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
That would be Arnold Schwarzengger (sp?) and myself........
Ha I thought it was him for a second ! I guess it was the angle but dismissed it.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #14
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Every time I see that photo, the caption runs through my mind:

OMG,OMG! Look! Look! It's him...it's really him!.... IT'S THE FBODFATHER!!!
Oh, and he's with that weightlifter guy, um, the actor that was a governor or something?....

I have to wonder if Arnold uses that as his signature pic.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote