Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 01-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
camaro2k10

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro IBM W/ Black RS
Needed: Unnoticeable Tune to avoid voiding drivetrain warranty

Hey I live in south carolina and am willing to travel anywhere around this area to get a tune that will not be visible to GM just hit me with a message in my inbox because I need a tune for my L99 2010 camaro but I dont know of anyone who can do the job or even any handheld tuners i could use
camaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
If your not willing to pay you should not play.

Hence if you want something like a tune you should be willing to pay if something happens instead of trying to trick GM into paying for something that you caused.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
camaro2k10

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro IBM W/ Black RS
if i cause it im willing to pay hey no biggie but a simple tune on a car with cold air intake isnt going to hurt anything just been getting annoyed by the afm so i want it tuned out but the chevrolet service department i go to says that if i get it tuned it will send out red flags at gm and even if the transmission messed up because of some screw up in building of the car then i will be paying big time
camaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
There is no such thing as an undetectable tune. This topic has been beaten to death.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
With a tuner that will revert to stock before you turn it in, will be fine. Something like the Predator is great. I have yet to find someone denied warranty work when they have taken their vehicle in with the stock tune back on it. Not only the camaro but ANY vehicle. I get tired of people saying all tunes are detectable even after it was reverted back to stock by a competent person, yet no one has shown proof that it occured.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Our custom tunes with the SCT Xcalibrator 3 will take care of this and when you return to stock the dealer will never know
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
Our custom tunes with the SCT Xcalibrator 3 will take care of this and when you return to stock the dealer will never know
I call
Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

I just talked to GM today and they can now detect what used to be called an indetectable tune. For a short while there was a way around it but GM went back to work and can now detect it. It is about a 2-3 hour process.

Though an intake and tune would seem simple enough and if done correctly should not be an issue. But there are way too many wanna be tuners out there, and some very good tuners, that just try too hard to make the most HP of anyone and risk safety and durability.

But as said, if you want to play, be prepared to pay as it is the right of GM to protect their product. They do not mind fixing their issues, just not willing to fix an issue caused by someone else.

With that said, I do have an undetectable process and it is not cheap, but it is better then getting your warranty voided. I do not do it on every vehicle and only mention it on customers that are going to spend money on a in house project and ask about it.

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
I just talked to GM today and they can now detect what used to be called an indetectable tune. For a short while there was a way around it but GM went back to work and can now detect it. It is about a 2-3 hour process.

Though an intake and tune would seem simple enough and if done correctly should not be an issue. But there are way too many wanna be tuners out there, and some very good tuners, that just try too hard to make the most HP of anyone and risk safety and durability.

But as said, if you want to play, be prepared to pay as it is the right of GM to protect their product. They do not mind fixing their issues, just not willing to fix an issue caused by someone else.

With that said, I do have an undetectable process and it is not cheap, but it is better then getting your warranty voided. I do not do it on every vehicle and only mention it on customers that are going to spend money on a in house project and ask about it.

Mike Norris

That's the info that we've had for a few months.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #10
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

That's the info that we've had for a few months.
Mike is a great tuner.....

I am willing to bet what Mike is talking about is two PCMs...but IMO being ethical is more important.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post

I am willing to bet what Mike is talking about is two PCMs...but IMO being ethical is more important.
yeah, I got that. I was agreeing with the first part.
I don't doubt he's a great tuner.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
JICPerformance
Here to make you faster

Drives: 2005 GTO supercharged 2009 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post

I agree withthe ethical part 100% Pay to play.

I have not tried swapping ECMs on a Camaro yet, but I do know it was impossible on the GTOs as the BCM had to be mated to the ECM. To mate the ECM and BCM, a Tech II was required with a CAN converter and a valid login to GM DealerWorld to authroize the swap.

Is this mating no longer required and multiple ECMs can be had for one car?

Last edited by JICPerformance; 01-28-2010 at 10:54 PM.
JICPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #13
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JICPerformance View Post
I agree withthe ethical part 100% Pay to play.

I have not tried swapping ECMs on a Camaro yet, but I do not it was impossible on the GTOs as the BCM had to be mated to the ECM. To mate the ECM and BCM, a Tech II was required with a CAN converter and a valid login to GM DealerWorld to authroize the swap.

Is this mating no longer required and multiple ECMs can be had for one car?
Not sure about the Camaro but heard of Corvette guys doing the swap..
Old 01-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #14
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
I call
With the other devices on the market, when flashing back to stock it will NOT put back the ORIGINAL CVN number allowing the dealership to detect the vehicle has been flashed. With our SCT tunes, when you go back to stock it uploads the ORIGINAL CVN and ORIGINAL tune from the vehicle.
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote