Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #15
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
In the 70's we would put air shocks on the rear to raise the tail for fat tire clearance. It had negative effects on handling...The long nose on a Chevelle would grab every speed bump...the weight was transferred too far forward so the tires would just spin when you got on it...everytime you went around a corner the tail gave the car excess body roll.

This car will be different, but not much. You'll still be transferring the CoG to the front.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #16
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Yeah I am no expert or anything but I could see a scraped/broken chin on the car pretty easy. Like wouldn't the front end dive more when you brake?

EDIT: and that Dale was commenting on body roll when he was test driving the car for his opinion about the handling. GM was using him for input on how to tune the car, so hopefully they took his advice. I mean they changed how the turn signal sounded the day after that reporter comented on it That was a cool documentary.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #17
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Yeah I am no expert or anything but I could see a scraped/broken chin on the car pretty easy. Like wouldn't the front end dive more when you brake?

EDIT: and that Dale was commenting on body roll when he was test driving the car for his opinion about the handling. GM was using him for input on how to tune the car, so hopefully they took his advice. I mean they changed how the turn signal sounded the day after that reporter comented on it That was a cool documentary.
The issue with GM is that they are more concerned with noise abatement than actual handling. this is their legacy engineering. So little will be done. Especially with all the woes of GM, they will compromise on trying to attract the greatest variety of customer base; thus, keeping it soft and moveable. The general populas will be more interested i looks, rather than functionality.
But have no fear, we are here to offer all the required upgrades that you can desire for your suspension needs.
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:01 AM   #18
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
The issue with GM is that they are more concerned with noise abatement than actual handling. this is their legacy engineering. So little will be done. Especially with all the woes of GM, they will compromise on trying to attract the greatest variety of customer base; thus, keeping it soft and moveable. The general populas will be more interested i looks, rather than functionality.
But have no fear, we are here to offer all the required upgrades that you can desire for your suspension needs.
mike
dms
Well, they'll consider the function to be providing a nice soft ride, not what we would consider function.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:37 AM   #19
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Our Pedders coils do not "slam" any vehicle. There will be no issues using our coils

mike
dms
Mike I sent you a PM
Old 01-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #20
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Of course any mainstream manufacturer will err on the side of civility. It would be silly not to. The enthusiasts are very willing to go to the aftermarket. The more average buyers find a more appealing car. The manufacturer sells to both. The aftermarket guys get more business. It is a winning setup for everybody.

If I go for the SS, I'm leaving the engine alone since 426 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque is more than enough for me so battling the CARB police just isn't worth it. I'll concentrate entirely on weight, handling, seats, etc.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote