Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #15
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
1. Do not wash the car, leave ALL plastic on.
2. Do not turn on the wipers (scratch the glass; hope this isn't an insp. issue)
3. I don't want my inspection sticker installed from there, if possible.
4. Do not install the license plate bracket.
5. Do not pop my hood, I want to be first to do that.
6. Leave the window sticker on the glass.
7. If it's raining that day, it will not be driven in the rain.
Ok 1, 4, and 6 I can perfectly see and plan on doing myself. For 2 and 3, you need to do some research first. I don't know if it's just a state thing or if it's federal but in NC it is illegal for a dealer (whether it is a new car or used) to sell a car that they have not inspected 1st. So depending on if it's required in VA, you may be out of luck on these two. 5 I can see if you wait on the paperwork but 7 I'm confused by what you mean. Do you mean that it won't be driven home in the rain or that it won't be unloaded and driven on the lot in the rain? If the later, then it's not happening. The truck drivers are on a tight schedule and can't afford to sit around at the dealer for an unknown amount of time because you don't want it unloaded in the rain.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Ok 1, 4, and 6 I can perfectly see and plan on doing myself. For 2 and 3, you need to do some research first. I don't know if it's just a state thing or if it's federal but in NC it is illegal for a dealer (whether it is a new car or used) to sell a car that they have not inspected 1st. So depending on if it's required in VA, you may be out of luck on these two. 5 I can see if you wait on the paperwork but 7 I'm confused by what you mean. Do you mean that it won't be driven home in the rain or that it won't be unloaded and driven on the lot in the rain? If the later, then it's not happening. The truck drivers are on a tight schedule and can't afford to sit around at the dealer for an unknown amount of time because you don't want it unloaded in the rain.
For #7 I don't car if it's unloaded in the rain, lol I just don't want them taking it down the road or the highway in a downpour. They are already going to be pedal happy anyway, and I don't want my new Camaro hydroplaining, or being in any kind of accident weather related. There is just no need for that.

And as for the plastic, they said it should be on the stripes, and on the sides of the doors as well....
Old 10-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #17
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
you have alot of cases of people putting sandpaper under the windshield wipers when they test them ehh?

Last edited by headpunter; 10-23-2008 at 01:10 PM.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #18
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
For #7 I don't car if it's unloaded in the rain, lol I just don't want them taking it down the road or the highway in a downpour. They are already going to be pedal happy anyway, and I don't want my new Camaro hydroplaining, or being in any kind of accident weather related. There is just no need for that.

And as for the plastic, they said it should be on the stripes, and on the sides of the doors as well....
Now that I can understand. I would much rather them not drive my car more then needed around the parking lot as i want to be the one who puts the 1st mile on the car.

I didn't know they put plastic on the outside.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #19
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
you have alot of cases of people putting sandpaper under the windshield wipers when they test them ehh?

If the semi hits a lot of bad weather on the way to the dealership, that means the car will be filthy (dealership says that happens all the time), so, if the windshield has loads of filth on it, I really don't want them turning on the wipers and rubbing millions of dirt particles all over it, and possibly scratch it....not sure if they would be smart enough to wash off the windshield before they ran the wipers.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #20
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I didn't know they put plastic on the outside.
According to my dealership, it's on the doors, and sometimes the corners of the bumpers...
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #21
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
According to my dealership, it's on the doors, and sometimes the corners of the bumpers...
It covers many areas of the outside of the car. At least it did on the 2002 Camaro I bought. When I test drove it it had plastic on the hood, fenders, doors, trunklid. I don't remember if it had it on the bumpers.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #22
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaross View Post
it will be my daily driver so i dont think the car show think will work lol
I drove my 2000 S10 Xtreme for 2 years with no front license plate and was never stopped for it.

I've told the dealer not to install the front plate bracket on my SS, that'd I'd take care of attaching it myself. Of course, it will never really be attached. LOL
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #23
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
Quote:
....not sure if they would be smart enough to wash off the windshield before they ran the wipers.
worst case scenario, expect the worst, yadda yadda
go with your gut

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #24
fastfret7

Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
I will stab my dealer in the throat with a pencil if they drill holes in my camaro!!!

In my garage:
2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP in Infa-red 1 of 101
1970 EL Camino 454 SS w/ 4 speed muncie Red w/ Blk stripes
2010 2SS/RS Camaro w/hurst 6 spd in black on black w/red rally stripes

fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #25
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
It's in the car, and I'm in the office, but I will try to go from memory. I had been writing them down as I think of them. I do know it's mandatory the dealership drive the car, I plan on being in the passenger seat when they do that, and I will also be the one putting the first 'free' tank of gas in it. I want to be contacted ON the phone when the car arrives on the delivery truck, I will be present, and I want a video of it coming off the truck

1. Do not wash the car, leave ALL plastic on.
2. Do not turn on the wipers (scratch the glass; hope this isn't an insp. issue)
3. I don't want my inspection sticker installed from there, if possible.
4. Do not install the license plate bracket.
5. Do not pop my hood, I want to be first to do that.
6. Leave the window sticker on the glass.
7. If it's raining that day, it will not be driven in the rain.

There is more in my car, and I will post them up later today....if some of this sounds extreme, oh well. I have been waiting too long for this day, and nothing is too extreme for me when it comes to the day of delivery. This isn't just 'some car', this is the hottest Camaro yet
No disrespect, but it's just a Camaro. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to baby mine as much as I can, but you Sir are a little to much with your demands. It's just a car. Now if it were the new ZR1, I would say you Sir are justified......
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #26
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
I will be there for the unloading, and make sure they don't drill holes for the front license plate, AND NO dealer emblem or sticker...but, that may be it.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #27
gss9909

Drives: 1999 camaro ss
Well for saftey resons, a dealer can not sell you a car or let you drive one with out the inspection,Or p.d.i (pre delivery inspection)wich the put in wiper fluid, and check all fluids and fill them,also put on center caps and other finishing touches to the car. The gas should not be a problem since thats done after its sold. and the plate thing is no big deal. We don't even put them on our vettes just leave them in the trunk.
Most of the time the transport just shows up and unloads the cars in the back we don't know they are here till they are unloaded. Usually done over night. Then as soon as the shop opens they start to pull them for pdi, oh by the way they don't show up with the window stickers on the window.They are put on during P.D.I.
You just need to relax the dealer is not going to ruin your car. belive it or not we do this type a thing oncer and a while and know how to do it with out ruining cars.
gss9909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #28
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaross View Post
here in jersey front tags are required :( idk what to do i really want want front tags on there it messes up the whole look i think and looks very tacky
im in northern new jeresey and i was thinking the same but cops will give u a heard time....when i re-did the front end on my yukon i didnt have the plates on the front bumper just put it in the dash and figures pulling into the senior lot at my HS the cop pulled me over asked where my front plate was she gave me a week to get it back on the bumper otherwise a fine....i was pissed and i thinking about it it would look alot better not to have the plate on my 2010 camaro kind of takes the look away
camarofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote