Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #127
BBD

Drives: 87 IROC, 93 Z28, Lil Buzz 2012 T3
thanx!
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #128
BBD

Well apparently Im an idiot I still cant get it to work.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #129
BBD

Finally got hold of someone at CN. She told me that my car was not on CN. I called CSX again, since the nice lady at CSX told me on Friday they did not have it that it went with CN. Just called CSX again and the system went through and told me my poor lil car is in Indiana. Wahoo finally it worked and its on its way home.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #130
sonictonic

Drives: 2LT 45th Anniversary Edition?
Send a message via AIM to sonictonic
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
note to Sonictronic: depending where you are in CA, according to the UP distrubtion center map I found, southern CA looks to be routed thru Rolla/Denver then Salt Lake City, then thru Las Vegas then Long Beach; for northern CA, same route through Salt Lake, then through northern NV and down to Fremont/Benicia. The UP map I found is not that detailed, but gives the DCs, so hopefully that will help you roughly guesstimate your car's journey.
Thanks for your help! Im in northern Cali. Sorta. Central Coast. This morning the automated lady says it was in the IDB(?) Distribution place in Gibson.

Last edited by sonictonic; 09-26-2011 at 01:51 AM.
sonictonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #131
SS_Matt
permagrin

Drives: 2012 LS3 SS/RS
Google IHB. I dont think you are hearing IDB but rather IHB.
I was there a couple days right before getting on UP.
You can track it on their website. (ihbrr or something)
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #132
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
CSX is everything east of the mississippi
Up is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in there system they will follow it all the way.

How do I track my car on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by GM is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we will lose our data and ability to track
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX (whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 or key in whatever your car number is
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example ETTX123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:55 AM   #133
sonictonic

Thanks for all the clear concise info panther!

I just called CPR and she still says Gibson IN, as of Saturday morning. Called CSX with the same railcar number and they say it's just departed Gibbon Nebraska. Is this weird? I like CSX's tracing better, should I just be calling them from now on? lol

Last edited by sonictonic; 09-26-2011 at 02:34 AM.
sonictonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:43 AM   #134
randy18

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss 45th anniversary ed
Lol Matt. I'm going to post pics soon. Got to get car clay barred and waxed first. It arrived dirty. And I didn't want the dealership guys to wash it. Going to a professional body shop today.
randy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #135
Solocus

Drives: 87 Iroc 350, 2001 SS, 45th 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by panther2469 View Post
CSX is everything east of the mississippi
Up is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in there system they will follow it all the way.

How do I track my car on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by GM is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we will lose our data and ability to track
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX (whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 or key in whatever your car number is
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example ETTX123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.
This needs to be a standalone sticky, its a pain sifting through the threads to find a consise explanation of Rail Car tracking.

Delivered 9-29-2011 exactly 45 years to the day from the
first 1967 Camaro showing up in dealer showrooms!
Solocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #136
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
My rail car status is now: "loaded, constructively placed." From what I've read,
I think this means it is at the DC but due to many other rail cars in line to be unloaded, mine has been placed "in line" for a future unload date. It figures! LOL!
I wonder when the demurrage[fee charged to GM for using the rail car as a storage unit] will start? Hopefully there will be lots of car haulers loading 'em up and movin' 'em out this week!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #137
SS_Matt
permagrin

Drives: 2012 LS3 SS/RS
If you're at the DC in Oklahoma... did you see the size of that place?
I posted a pic somewhere. It can easily fit a couple thousand cars there.

:(

Old 09-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #138
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Matt View Post
If you're at the DC in Oklahoma... did you see the size of that place?
I posted a pic somewhere. It can easily fit a couple thousand cars there.

:(

yep, I've seen the OKC DC in person. It's actually within a half mile of spouse's work.

Everything about this Camaro, from ordering it, to finally getting it built[NOT on the given TPW, but a week later], to finally getting shipped[on the 18th 'bayed'day], to the 'bad order' rail car hold up in Toronto, and the rest of the painfully long journey[2 day hold in Battlecreek MI, 2 day hold in Gibson IN, and lest we forget railcar heJJ in Armourdale KS for almost 48 hrs], and now to arrive at the DC and be "loaded; constructively" placed for God only knows how long, does not surprise me. I've been "snake bit" on this car from the git-go
I have to laugh to keep from crying, it's been such a FUBARed experience.
If someone would've told me 4 months ago I would still be waiting on a car, I would have called them a liar, or I'd be looking for another make and model!
I just pray the car is not damaged like another member's was[Steelmart? i think].
I've come to far, invested waaaay to much time, and been disappointed to many times over the last 4 months. So if this car isn't perfect...and I mean absolutely without a freakin' blimish of any kind, I'm getting my deposit back and heading to the Corvette section of another dealership, as I know for a fact, my dealer does NOT have any 2012 coupes yet. As a matter of fact, they have 10 or 11 verts in stock. go figure!

rant over. soap box in hand. exit, stage left.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #139
sonictonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
If someone would've told me 4 months ago I would still be waiting on a car, I would have called them a liar, or I'd be looking for another make and model!
I just pray the car is not damaged like another member's was[Steelmart? i think].
I've come to far, invested waaaay to much time, and been disappointed to many times over the last 4 months. So if this car isn't perfect...and I mean absolutely without a freakin' blimish of any kind, I'm getting my deposit back and heading to the Corvette section of another dealership, as I know for a fact, my dealer does NOT have any 2012 coupes yet. As a matter of fact, they have 10 or 11 verts in stock. go figure!

rant over. soap box in hand. exit, stage left.
I am wishing you the best of luck!!

Hey, I've started tracking through the UP number now since it seems to have he best and latest info (WY today!) and it says there's an ETA 9/29 at 8am, Industry. Is that City of Industry in southern Ca? I thought so but does it make sense since I'm in northern Cali, sort of, that it would come by truck from there?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #140
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

I would doubt that; but I wouldn't rule anything out when it comes to rail transportation. My train stopped at places not on a map, but was probably the railroad's name for the stop.

here's a map of UP's routes; like I said in an earlier post, it's not to detailed, but you should be able to get the general location.
Attached Images