Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-01-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
Cruz'n 45th

Drives: 2020 Convertible 2SS Red Hot
Temporary Replacement of Technostalgia Lights - Help

Can anyone out there help me out with the following problem. I need to return my Technostalgia Sequential and Back Burner lights for repair. The two out lights have condensation and the one on the drivers side doesn't function properly. The problem is that my Camaro is a DD so I have to temporarily replace the two lights with the stock ones and I'm not sure how to make the connections. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Cruz'n 45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
I don't think you can mix them. IIRC they use the same harness, you will have to put all 4 Factory lights back in.
You might be able to put the 2 back in and just hook those 2 up and leave the 2 inside technostalgias unplugged.
I really wish they would swap the units out when people have these issues. They can charge people then refund the money when the core is sent back.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
I put my old housing on and drove for a week without one side functioning. If you get pulled over you can just claim ignorance.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz'n 45th View Post
Can anyone out there help me out with the following problem. I need to return my Technostalgia Sequential and Back Burner lights for repair. The two out lights have condensation and the one on the drivers side doesn't function properly. The problem is that my Camaro is a DD so I have to temporarily replace the two lights with the stock ones and I'm not sure how to make the connections. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Just courious how long have you had them installed? What version 6701 ( known to have water issues) or 6701B ? When did condensation start ...after rain, wash ?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #5
Cruz'n 45th

I also don't understand why they wouldn't ship out replacement lights after taking a core deposit. I sure would make my life easier swapping them out once as oppose to twice.
Since I needed to get them replaced quickly I went ahead and remove the resistor and hooked up the OEM lights and left the interior Technostalgia lights connected. The out lights flash rapidly and the inside one's seem to work as designed when I turn on the turn signal or flashers.

I have the 6701's. FEDEX them out yesterday so they should receive them Tuesday. Hopefully, they'll get be considerate enough to get them turned around to my by the end of the week.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
camguynj

Quote:
I also don't understand why they wouldn't ship out replacement lights after taking a core deposit. I sure would make my life easier swapping them out once as oppose to twice.
Since I needed to get them replaced quickly I went ahead and remove the resistor and hooked up the OEM lights and left the interior Technostalgia lights connected. The out lights flash rapidly and the inside one's seem to work as designed when I turn on the turn signal or flashers.

I have the 6701's. FEDEX them out yesterday so they should receive them Tuesday. Hopefully, they'll get be considerate enough to get them turned around to my by the end of the week.
Diffently would make it easier if they took a core deposit, they could even make some money
by charging a small non-refunable fee which would benefit both parties. I feel your pain especially because it's the outer ones you have to deal with. Glad to hear you got signals without having to remove all of them. Good luck. BTW do the interior Techno lights wave/seq or do they blink?
Old 02-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
Cruz'n 45th

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Diffently would make it easier if they took a core deposit, they could even make some money
by charging a small non-refunable fee which would benefit both parties. I feel your pain especially because it's the outer ones you have to deal with. Glad to hear you got signals without having to remove all of them. Good luck. BTW do the interior Techno lights wave/seq or do they blink?
Sequentially...
Old 02-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
camguynj

Quote:
Sequentially...
Must look wierd ...outers blink & inners sequence. Hey maybe you'll like the look !
Old 02-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #9
midniteoiler

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Sequentially...
Just got mine Friday, sent Monday quick turnaround, outside stop the sequential movement on outside drivers received back no explanation
what was wrong, no moisture that I could see, looks as thu part of the light was repaced
haven't had achance to reinstall to cold around here. also have you ever had any trouble with the battery staying charged in winter after installing these.
midniteoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
Cruz'n 45th

Technostalgia Soap Opera Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteoiler View Post
Just got mine Friday, sent Monday quick turnaround, outside stop the sequential movement on outside drivers received back no explanation
what was wrong, no moisture that I could see, looks as thu part of the light was repaced
haven't had achance to reinstall to cold around here. also have you ever had any trouble with the battery staying charged in winter after installing these.
When did you ship your lights to them? They have mine since 4 Feb and I'm still waiting on them They initially told me I'd have them back by 7-8 Feb. But when I did not received them I called Todd and I was told the were waiting on a part which he expected that week and that once the part came in they would have my lights out to me right-away. Well today I called Todd since they didn't bother to contact me. He told me the parts had not come in and they hope to receive them this week - assume weather may have delayed shipment. As far as drain on the battery, I could only speak for the time I had them on (Mar 13 to 3 Feb 14) and I did not experience any battery drainage. I hope they receive the part this week. This frustrating since I've been driving around with two Technostalgia lights and two OEM lights.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #11
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteoiler View Post
Info on battery drain and how to avoid it....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Techno Lights long_term_storage.pdf (23.6 KB, 228 views)