Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2015, 02:12 AM   #29
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I don't even play around anymore when I go out to socialize. One drink maybe two. And that's a strong maybe. Besides killing someone or yourself, even a routine traffic stop can get you taken in if you been drinking. If you are charged, when they call the wrecker they don't care how they snatch your car up!! While its in the pound is another story. It just isn't worth it!!

That's what is wrong with the system if you have a nice vehicle it's a personal conflict with law enforcement.

As in should I take advantage of my rights and risk my vehicle, or comply with their every demand and hope they don't mess the car up?

I say this in regards to searches and field sobriety tests, neither of which you have to comply to.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:53 AM   #30
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
STOP DRIVING DRUNK!!!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:41 AM   #31
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
On a related note, some dc got her SUV stuck on a crossing between the gates just north of NYC last night and got hit by a commuter train. 7 killed in the crash and explosion that followed.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:46 AM   #32
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
That's what is wrong with the system if you have a nice vehicle it's a personal conflict with law enforcement.

As in should I take advantage of my rights and risk my vehicle, or comply with their every demand and hope they don't mess the car up?

I say this in regards to searches and field sobriety tests, neither of which you have to comply to.
Don't drink and drive and you don't put yourself or your car in that position.

A criminal record can affect your right to travel to other countries,job opportunities,ect.

Is it really worth the risk?
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #33
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:

It's just the way the system is man.. A friend of mine got his 911 impounded from a DUI, got it back with damages to the front bumper and a huge scratch on the driver's side. It's like they f*ck your car up on purpose!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #34
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Not necessarily true in all cases, so you can quit gloating.

DUIs do cost a bundle though.
Didn't mean to gloat,so I changed the wording.

I feel bad for the guy losing his car, his licence,maybe his job and between 10,000 and 20,000 in legal fees plus any damages the railroad wants to hit him for.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:53 AM   #35
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Don't drink and drive and you don't put yourself or your car in that position.

A criminal record can affect your right to travel to other countries,job opportunities,ect.

Is it really worth the risk?
True. I have too much to lose. My job requires me to travel a bit. If my license gets suspended how can I rent a car? Like I said above.. I don't play around with the drinky drinks!!.. Lol
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:02 AM   #36
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
I love when people buy nice cars and then develop an invincibility complex or just don't care how nice the car is and treat it like shit. Hell the car I owned before this camaro was a saturn ion (not the most fancy car) yet I treated it better than most people treat collector cars. Drinking and driving is a threat to you, your passenger, other people, and most importantly your camaro:P
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:20 AM   #37
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Drinking & Driving my out come.

15 yrs. ago I got a DUI had been drinking quite a lot. Always called wife or son to pick me up. But this last time I felt as though I had drank myself sober. [STOOPID DUMB F ASSHOLE] which I'm claiming is me. Refused a ride home and fell asleep 1 mile from the house.
Was arrested wife picked me up while I was in hand cuffs. I had listen to her all the way home. Then kids next day. Totaled my truck Court fine $500 Lawyer $5,000. Evaluation to determine if I'm an alcoholic $250 & court costs. DUI classes for 6 weeks at a cost of $300.
Had a class 1 license. Lucked out kept my license. Company I worked for was great to me. I was able to still drive locally. All of this woke my DUMB ASS UP The only times I drink is if I have a driver. Every Wednesday night I bowl. In the 5th frame of the second game I have 1 beer. And I mean only one.
I lucked out I didn't hit anyone else or kill anyone. This situation woke me up. I could have lost every thing my wife and I worked very hard for.

Last edited by BLU DUCE; 02-04-2015 at 07:30 AM.
BLU DUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #38
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
It's just the way the system is man.. A friend of mine got his 911 impounded from a DUI, got it back with damages to the front bumper and a huge scratch on the driver's side. It's like they f*ck your car up on purpose!!!
At least someone gets it. Not just for DUI, I had them drag one of mine off for a parking violation and screwed it up.

Then the towing company just denied it.

There are some that say you deserve it.."you shouldn't have done this..or that" These are the worst type of hypocrites.

They believe having a nice car deserves you an extra punishment, and not one doled out by the courts, but at the hand of the police and tow truck driver.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:48 AM   #39
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
"Cut and Shoot Fire Department" ? ??? Really?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #40
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
"Camaro driver loses control of vehicle; then Camaro gets lightly braised by train" should be the real headline.

Media sensationalism.

I have friends that work for the railroad. When a vehicle (any car, truck, bus, van, tank) gets hit by a train at speed, there's nothing left of the vehicle, period. (or the person). The Camaro is a tough car, but in a real collision with a train, it smashes, folds up, and gets torn apart like everything else.
Typically, I'd think those scenarios, the train hit the vehicle (like this, which just happened).

In this case, the Camaro ran into the train, which while less severe, it's still impressive that the driver only got a scratch.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #41
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Maybe this was a wakeup call for this person... sad that a new car is trashed, this guy was very fortunate to walk away, and was very lucky he didnt kill anyone in the process... on top of that, being new car he probably didn’t understand the power behind it, and how to handle the car and then drinking on top of that, not good combo... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by United_727 View Post
"Cut and Shoot Fire Department" ? ??? Really?
Yup, its a Texan thing...

Off topic but I did a little research, and it was named back in 1912. It was apparently named after a 1912 community confrontation that almost led to violence. A small boy at the scene reportedly declared, "I'm going to cut around the corner and shoot through the bushes in a minute!" Thus the name Cut and Shoot was coined.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:29 AM   #42
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Too bad he walked away able to drink and drive again.
I have no sympathy for drunk drivers.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote