Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #183
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
Tell me how can a company design, do the engineering and get it manufactured In less then 2 or 3 weeks. They probably just quickest way to get the keys out. They may be a different key and fob for the 2015 Camaros
Like this:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=86

Its not like they did any designing for the fix they came up with. All they had to do was order more keys from the vendor who makes their keys.

We've only known about the recall for 16 days. I'm sure GM knew for much longer. For their designers and engineers to come up with the solution that they did is pathetic. Some engineer probably didn't want to deal with something so stupid and asked the secretary at the front desk what she thought the best solution was. Then they went with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
.... then call GM customer service yourself. If they get enough calls ,maybe they'll eventually listen. Of course you need to provide some input as to what a rational fix to this would be.
I did this with the idea of a different ignition cylinder. I was thanked for the input, but I'm sure it fell on deaf ears. It would be nice to have direct contact info for a few higher up people.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:55 PM   #184
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
My Camaro emblem has delaminated on the drivers side
Car came delivered out of alignment
The car has misfiring cylinders and I only have 3700 miles on it. Dealers can't take my car until July 7th
My traverse satellite radio won't work reliably. I brought it in & dealers says that nothing is wrong with it.
Now this half ass solution to this ignition problem
emblem sounds like a fluke. misfiring cylinder is BS, but the fact that it cant get fixed until the 7th is a dealer issue, not GM. Out of alignment sounds like someone didnt transport the car right, so again not really GM. every car I have been in with satellite radio, if you are under an awning, or heavy tree's, etc. the feed cuts out.

Myself and my family have owned so many GM's and never have any issues. I just don't see this being by chance. Some of the GM complaint stories I hear from internet assclowns just make me beleive so much of it is user error, not saying that is the case with you, but I dont understand why people bitch and complain on forums. Go do something about it. LIke call GM customer service.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #185
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I love my camaro but GM is turning into a big pile of crap! You watch over the next couple of months the lawyers will be lining up to hit GM hard. GM is already claiming they can't be held at fault has they were owned in part by the government during the bailout, so for that time any car with a defect and someone was killed or injured GM may not be liable. You may even see the new CEO gone after this all plays out, every week we see another recall, stock holders and wall street will lose confidence if this continues
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #186
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
GM seems to be filing for protection against lawsuits for damages/missed time/etc related to the recalls ... cases for injuries/deaths etc. are still okay
This is according to MotorTrend July 2014

Typing fat fingered on my GS3...excuse any sfelling mitcakes
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #187
parkfam

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2 SS
Told my Dealer NO THANKS........
parkfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #188
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
The people that think that just the fob hitting their leg can make the key turn need to think harder. That can't make the key turn until the fob mechanically cannot rotate further, and binds. That will be roughly the 1 o'clock position, and good luck getting your thigh up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
So now instead of having a key/fob that is impossible for my knee to make contact with, there will be a key with a fob hanging from it that can catch on your pants and turn off the car.

Awesome.

Like I've been saying, I'll keep my deadly switchblade.

Um, where do you wear your pants?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #189
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Um, where do you wear your pants?
From my waist and down the length of my legs.

I should be more concerned with something getting caught on my hairy Portuguese legs when wearing shorts than my pants. Actually I could see the fob while hanging off the key getting caught if you wear cargo pants or cargo shorts. All those folds, flaps and pockets.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #190
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
From my waist and down the length of my legs.

I should be more concerned with something getting caught on my hairy Portuguese legs when wearing shorts than my pants. Actually I could see the fob while hanging off the key getting caught if you wear cargo pants or cargo shorts. All those folds, flaps and pockets.
So I guess the velcro fob is a no-go for you?
Old 06-29-2014, 11:47 PM   #191
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Wouldn't this new setup hang lower than the current one and in fact INCREASE the chances of hitting the key and yanking the position of the ignition?

This is a solution looking for a problem...

This is exactly what I was thinking. What is Chevy going to do when the fix is worse then the original problem? The lawsuits will then be twice as big.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:35 AM   #192
Nawkoutt

Drives: 2lt
I like the current one better :(
Nawkoutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 AM   #193
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
So I stop by my dealer on Friday ! They said we were just about to call you the keys in we just need to program it and get your car ready give us a couple hours ! I pumped at this point . I finish up my work day go home shower ! Getting dressed ! Then I get the call !!!!! It's my dealer . Says ,Your car is registered & insured but we cannot give you the car! We got the wrong keys !!!!
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:25 AM   #194
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
They'll never find me! Lol

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:33 AM   #195
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Lol
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #196