Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
adub4185

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2023 Camaro ZLE
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
LSC Members: Any Interest in Elite Engineering Parts?

To all LSC members

As some of you may know, I have been working with Elite Engineering extensively on parts for our cars over the past few months. Currently, they make a catch can, a seat handle, and tunnel brace for our cars. The quality on all three is impecable and the pricing is very reasonable. You can check out all three here: http://eliteengineeringusa.com/Camaro_Products.html

So, over the weekend at the Laps for Charity event I had a 3-4 people come and ask if I had parts for sale at the meet. I didn't, but this prompted me to ask Elite if we could work something out to have parts available for purchase at future meets. They are very much on board with this idea and I think I also may be able to get paid LSC members a bit of a price break. Also, I would not only sell the parts, but would install them for you guys on site free of charge.

Now, I really need to get an idea of the amount of interest there is in this before I start ordering parts, so either post here or PM me and let me know your thoughts.

MODS PLEASE DO NOT DELETE OR MOVE THIS THREAD. I AM JUST TRYING TO GAUGE INTEREST IN PARTS TO BRING TO MEETS FOR OUR TX MEMBERS. I HAVE NO INTENTION OF SELLING ANYTHING DIRECTLY OUT OF THIS THREAD OR ON THE FORUM FOR THAT MATTER. THANKS!!
adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
Dave2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That tunnel brace is awesome! I emailed them to see if they are giving C5 discounts on it as well.

Richmond (Houston), TX
Dave2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
adub4185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2SSRS View Post
That tunnel brace is awesome! I emailed them to see if they are giving C5 discounts on it as well.
It is pretty slick. I designed it and did a lot of finite element analysis on it to see where I could add slots and reduce weight (not that it weighs all that much) without sacrificing rigidity. I would definitely have to say that the finished product came out better than I had ever hoped. I cant say enough good things about Elite's craftsmanship.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
rforbes

Drives: IOM SS/RS
The catch can is really good too! Good quality, works well.
rforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
jparnapy

Drives: Camaro
i am in for the seat handle in black fyi thanks for all of your hard work on everything
jparnapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
butterfingers

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT/RS
I have the black handle in my car and it looks and works great!!!
butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:19 AM   #7
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
I purchased an Elite Engineering oil catch can and I am very, very disappointed. The can came with 1 90 degree and 1 straight brass hose connectors, so I had to purchase another 90 degree brass connector. I was only supplied enough 3/" hose to make 1 connection, so had to purchase 3/8" hose. But the best poor quality problem is the button head screw that holds the can bracket to the round bar mount is either too big or the 2 small slotted holes in the bracket to mount the oil can are in the wrong place. Another over hyped, under performing 5th Gen Camaro product.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
adub4185

Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
I purchased an Elite Engineering oil catch can and I am very, very disappointed. The can came with 1 90 degree and 1 straight brass hose connectors, so I had to purchase another 90 degree brass connector. I was only supplied enough 3/" hose to make 1 connection, so had to purchase 3/8" hose. But the best poor quality problem is the button head screw that holds the can bracket to the round bar mount is either too big or the 2 small slotted holes in the bracket to mount the oil can are in the wrong place. Another over hyped, under performing 5th Gen Camaro product.
Ed M.
I understand you are upset with the product, but there is no reason to post it all over the place. Call them and they will resolve the issue for you. I have received a ton of parts from them and so far, they have all been of excellent quality.

Please try to refrain from blowing up my thread with your opinion on the catch can. Once you get it installed correctly, I'm sure you will see the benefits once you have it on their for a few weeks or so.

Again, to all LSC members, anymore takers on any of these parts?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Ed M.
Hi Ed,

Just to clarify, you did make us aware that we shipped you the wrong hardware package. We responded immediately, told you it was our mistake, credited your account for your out of pocket expense PLUS additional $$ for your trouble. Our Catch Can is a proven performer and what I feel is the best on the market. We have also offered to ship you replacement parts once they are fabricated and machined. As you know, we have had no less than 5 emails back and forth. If there is anything else we can do, please let us know. It has always been our goal to ensure all our customers are 100% satisfied with their purchase.

Thanks, Steve
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #10
kellyjrt

Drives: 2010 CAMARO ABM 2LT
I would probably be interested in the seat handle, if the price improves quiet a bit for members.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #11
adub4185

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjrt View Post
I would probably be interested in the seat handle, if the price improves quiet a bit for members.
I dont think the price of the seat handle is that bad considering the alternatives. I'll see what I can do though.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #12
Elite Engineering

Quote:

We'll be happy to work something out for the Camaro5 members!!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #13
kellyjrt

Drives: 2010 CAMARO ABM 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
We'll be happy to work something out for the Camaro5 members!!

that sounds like were getting on the right track then.
Make us an offer we can't refuse.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #14
Elite Engineering

Quote:
that sounds like were getting on the right track then.
Make us an offer we can't refuse.
Our current Selling Price is $49.99.......for a limited time, I'll create another link for the Camaro5 guys and sell our Handles at $39.99

How does that sound??

Tags
this is still an ad