Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #57
Brandon@NitrousOutlet

Drives: Fast!
The ideal scenario would be to use the custom operating system e85 tables in EFI Live so that you can match the window switch to jump over to the e85 table and bump the fuel.
Brandon@NitrousOutlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #58
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon@NitrousOutlet View Post
The ideal scenario would be to use the custom operating system e85 tables in EFI Live so that you can match the window switch to jump over to the e85 table and bump the fuel.
HPT has the ability to use the E85 tables also now.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #59
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Edit: and just for the record, (and I know others have already disagreed on this), but they also state the O2 sensors play a role in fuel delivery too. like in addition to the MAF monitoring what is coming in, the o2 sensors monito what is going out. So 2 measures of air coming in to add fuel by stock fuel system, and the N20 to burn it. Makes sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Trust the members who responded to your thread. They are giving you rock solid information.
At WOT, factory narrow band O2 sensors play no role. At WOT it is open loop. And if I remember correctly, above 75% throttle it goes into open loop. So anything under 75% is closed loop, meaning feed back from the O2 sensors is used to adjust fuel for your ST and LT fuel trims.
Not sure who they are. But if the Dynotech instructions state that the O2 sensors play a role at WOT for the gen 5 Camaro, then I would seriously doubt their system and knowledge.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #60
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
It was stated as a general term for cars in general. This is a "specific" for camaro package and can be used on any V8. After I got this and reading up a little as well as this thread, I underatnd alot mor aabout this system works and the simplicity of its setup. Using it right out of the box according to their directions I think can be done, only up to a 100 jet. More experienced people who use nitrous regularly have posted to go after a more "safe" and complete set up before use. So all of this is helpful to me.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #61
Brandon@NitrousOutlet

Drives: Fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
HPT has the ability to use the E85 tables also now.
Brandon@NitrousOutlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #62
05SilverStreak

Thanks guys, we all learn from these posts. And just for the record, alot of the times I post from a little less knowledgeable standpoint. That way I can get opinions from all levels of experience. I never post like I know everything because you never know what you can learn from a veteran or even from a new guy who has a fresh outlook. Again, thanks for the info. Hopefully others can read this and learn too.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #63
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Keep us informed of what you do and how it does.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Old 05-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #64
05SilverStreak

Ok....little bit disappointed. Was going to try the 50 shot today and maybe.....I said maybe, work up to the 100. Went back to stock tune and finished installing the electronics in the kit. Was ready to go. Oh, and 1 step colder plugs were put in, and higher.....much higher....octane fuel and even a fuel booster a buddy recommended. so a half a tank of great fuel and colder plugs. Turned everything on and the ****in solenoid wont hold the bottle pressure. I dont know if its bad, (cause I did remember dropping it once), or if I need to better seal the hoses. All I heard was PSHHHHHH, when I barely opened the bottle. Mostly at the solenoid and some coming out the jet in the intake. (and yes I did take the air filter off), as I have the jet in the top to spray directly on the MAF. Oh well, try again later. Ive got some work to do. Do you think the solenoid is bad? or just need better sealing. Going to check wiring again, they said solenoid needs proper power source and good ground to hold pressure correctly. I hope my bottle pressure isnt too high, I have no bottle gauge yet, but they only put in 8 pounds instead of 10 for first fill so I think its ok.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #65
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
Ok....little bit disappointed. Was going to try the 50 shot today and maybe.....I said maybe, work up to the 100. Went back to stock tune and finished installing the electronics in the kit. Was ready to go. Oh, and 1 step colder plugs were put in, and higher.....much higher....octane fuel and even a fuel booster a buddy recommended. so a half a tank of great fuel and colder plugs. Turned everything on and the ****in solenoid wont hold the bottle pressure. I dont know if its bad, (cause I did remember dropping it once), or if I need to better seal the hoses. All I heard was PSHHHHHH, when I barely opened the bottle. Mostly at the solenoid and some coming out the jet in the intake. (and yes I did take the air filter off), as I have the jet in the top to spray directly on the MAF. Oh well, try again later. Ive got some work to do. Do you think the solenoid is bad? or just need better sealing. Going to check wiring again, they said solenoid needs proper power source and good ground to hold pressure correctly. I hope my bottle pressure isnt too high, I have no bottle gauge yet, but they only put in 8 pounds instead of 10 for first fill so I think its ok.
Unless you cook the bottle I doubt the pressure is to high. Def get a pressure gauge. It's a cheap investment. You could weigh your bottles to see how much they put in. I think mine weigh 25.6 filled.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #66
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

You don't need a ground or power for the solenoid to seal shut. You have a bad seal in the solenoid or a score or a nick. Make sure you don't have power on it either. Btw. Ideally your gauge should measure bottle pressure, need to empty to install. Or put gauge on the line side which will only measure pressure with the bottle open. Unless you used a torch to heat the bottle or have a malfunctioning bottle heater/pressure switch, you shouldn't have excessive pressure. You should also have a rupture disk too. You need correct bottle pressure to achieve the proper shot. Just bc you have 100 shot jet, doesn't mean you will get 100 shot worth of nitrous, depends on correct bottle pressure. Was the car running when you opened the bottle, if not, you need to be careful so that you don't fill your intake with nitrous and then try to start it.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #67
05SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
You don't need a ground or power for the solenoid to seal shut. You have a bad seal in the solenoid or a score or a nick. Make sure you don't have power on it either. Btw. Ideally your gauge should measure bottle pressure, need to empty to install. Or put gauge on the line side which will only measure pressure with the bottle open. Unless you used a torch to heat the bottle or have a malfunctioning bottle heater/pressure switch, you shouldn't have excessive pressure. You should also have a rupture disk too. You need correct bottle pressure to achieve the proper shot. Just bc you have 100 shot jet, doesn't mean you will get 100 shot worth of nitrous, depends on correct bottle pressure. Was the car running when you opened the bottle, if not, you need to be careful so that you don't fill your intake with nitrous and then try to start it.
Got it.......N20 line was disconnected from intake so shooting nitrous in wouldnt happen, pluss i wanted to make sue the lines were cleaned out. I did make a bonehead mistake BadBubba, the damn soeloind was in backwards, pressure is holding now. Like I said! Newb to NOS! Oh well, I can admit my mistakes. Now Im chasing down some electrical issues. WOT switch wont activate solenoid. Have to work till wednesday so packing it up for now.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #68
05SilverStreak

Ok, all done installing. Ready to arm and go. Stock spark plugs, 50hp jet installed, hypertech still on. Probably gonna try the 50 like this. But hey! I havent had any dry system users chime in yet. And I doubt I am the only one who uses a dry shot here. Come on! chime in and let me know your setup and results.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #69
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
Ok, all done installing. Ready to arm and go. Stock spark plugs, 50hp jet installed, hypertech still on. Probably gonna try the 50 like this. But hey! I havent had any dry system users chime in yet. And I doubt I am the only one who uses a dry shot here. Come on! chime in and let me know your setup and results.
What's your dry shot question?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #70
05SilverStreak

I just wanted someone else who is running a dry shot with success to post their setup. No one has yet. I am itching to pull the trigger on mine. I am actually going to install the colder plugs and remove the hypertech tune before I do. ANd also up the octane a bit.