Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #15
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
I just don't get it. I have never used the door sills as a step when getting out of any car. I could understand it if it was a lifted truck.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #16
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Floor mats wear out on all cars. Door sill weather stripping does not except from old age.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #17
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
True, but should you have to enter and exit a car in a completely different manner than other cars? Should you have to look out, and have passengers be constantly reminded to : "lift your feet" whenever they ride in your car because of poor thinking by the designers? Seems to me you should be able to use normal entry/exit procedures without having to be worried about how fragile the car is.
Honestly, I think you are in a small minority of people who do this. Also, no rubber seal is going to stand up to someone constantly placing their shoe soles across it. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how you exit the car with your foot in that position. Can't say I have ever seen anyone do that on any vehicle. Might want to try simply not stepping on it.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm1412 View Post
Mine is being replaced at the dealer under warranty tomorrow. Only warranty claim I have made on the car so far. Mine is a garage queen also that is not driven at least 4 months a year. Looks to me like a poor material composition in manufacturing.

Good news kmm1412,

Be sure to update us on the progress of the service and if there is anything we could do to assist. We are sure you'll have it completed in no time.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #19
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Honestly, I think you are in a small minority of people who do this. Also, no rubber seal is going to stand up to someone constantly placing their shoe soles across it. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how you exit the car with your foot in that position. Can't say I have ever seen anyone do that on any vehicle. Might want to try simply not stepping on it.
That is the problem...the design leaves it hanging out for damage. Others don't. And there are a number of people having this problem. So "small minority"?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXIIIDave View Post
I just don't get it. I have never used the door sills as a step when getting out of any car. I could understand it if it was a lifted truck.
It's not that they are used as a step, it is that your shoes hit the rubber when getting in and out. And rear seat passengers hit it all the time when they get out.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #21
Yumacamaro

Drives: 2013 2ss
Rubber

Please no dis respect intended but why is it that you need to put your foot there?its a door sill not a step. I just came from corvettes I wore out my seat side bolster because I wasn't getting in properly. Maybe change the way you exit and enter your car? This shouldn't be a possible warranty issue because of improper use. Good luck. If you know that putting your foot on that part damages the rubber then don't step or drag your foot on it
Yumacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #22
union894

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss 8A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
Here is a photo of what I'm trying to describe. Seems like it would be a waste of time to replace it until I figure out a way to prevent it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exact as mine.
union894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #23
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergunner View Post
Please no dis respect intended but why is it that you need to put your foot there?its a door sill not a step. I just came from corvettes I wore out my seat side bolster because I wasn't getting in properly. Maybe change the way you exit and enter your car? This shouldn't be a possible warranty issue because of improper use. Good luck. If you know that putting your foot on that part damages the rubber then don't step or drag your foot on it
Why should one car have a special entry/exit technique?
Old 06-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #24
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergunner View Post
On the Corvette, the bolster wears out quite regulary according to my (new, and good) Chevy dealer. Apparently, a lot of Corvette owners haven't read the special entry/exit manual for Vettes. Should they have to? Also, the dealer says Camaro bolsters are wearing out on many owners...just like the Vettes.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #25
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
This is very interesting. I have a 2011 Silverado along with my 2011 Camaro. Bought them one month apart and both vehicles are just out of the 3yr/36K warranty by just a few hundred miles. I don't have this problem (yet) on the Camaro but I just noticed this the other day on my truck. Look familiar?

Name:  IMG-20130621-00227.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  158.2 KB

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #26
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
yes it's raised.
yes our cars have a sunken cockpit like design.
yes people are going to hit it.
no i don't think it's GM's fault.

can you step on it? yes
is it meant to be stepped on? highly doubt it
should you? you decide

i always lift my leg to avoid it but sadly my passenger side doesn't always get the same treatment. just like how i sit properly in the bucket seat, but passengers seem to sit improperly making the seat wear faster.. aggravating? absolutely.. is it anyone's fault? only if you believe it is. similar to the kick plate area.. its going to get hit.. and if the speaker constantly takes hits, there may be issues..

many front doors to houses have a rubber weather strip.. and from normal wear/people colliding with it it needs to be replaced.

in both cases its just a matter of putting effort to lift higher.
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #27
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I buy new shoes every year. Even though I know I'll wear them out.
I never thought of asking the manufacturer to replace them.

What is your plan when the floor mats start to look shabby?
That's different. My weather stripping started wearing out very shortly after I got the the car, if I was to buy new shoes or new floor mats that wore out after 1 month. I wouldn't be buying that exact same brand again either
Old 06-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #28
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
That's different. My weather stripping started wearing out very shortly after I got the the car, if I was to buy new shoes or new floor mats that wore out after 1 month. I wouldn't be buying that exact same brand again either