Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Aftermarket Stripes/ Roof Stripes

Has anyone found any companies out there doing aftermarket stripes for the Camaro yet?

Also, who thinks the rally stripes should go over the roof? I think that would look wicked.
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
BLUEMARO
A Classical Greek

Drives: DTS, Bonneville and an SS !
No roof stripes. Way overboard.
BLUEMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
I like the full Le mans racing stripes on cars i've seen, but they aren't really part of the camaro "heritage"...

I'm sure you can find paint shops and private small businesses that will do strips to your liking, though.

These are the ones I'm talkin about. Aren't really "camaroey", moreso mustang and vipery. Love the look anyways.

Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Any local vynil shop worth it's business license should be able to do it. Also I know a company called ryder graphics or somesuch thing is making a ton of sticker kits.

My opinion is no roof stripes. There have been camaros with roof stripes before, but no roof stripes seems more 'classic GM' to me. But then again, your car dude, so do what you want. Worst that could happen is you don't like the roof stripes and peel em off. That's the beauty of vynils
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
No roof stripes. No stripes for me, they need to carry on to the header panel, but the mail slot does not allow that to look proper. Also the stripes on the deck lid need to go over the spoiler and terminate on the back side of it
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
Has anyone found any companies out there doing aftermarket stripes for the Camaro yet?

Also, who thinks the rally stripes should go over the roof? I think that would look wicked.
No Roof stripes, that's the "blue oval's" trademark, GM never used that, and yes it's way over the top (no pun intended )
Old 04-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
go paint

I will be going painted stripes like the bumble bee, over the mailslot and around the back spoiler probable stop at deck edge. Also getting the gills painted same color as stripes. Stickers are nice but everyone will have them the exact same. I wanted a little extra, about 1500 at a collision shop. Add on back three windows tinted and engine covered air brushed (with matching racing helmet for fun), and embroidered carpet in trunk and now you have a one of a kind camaro.
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:51 AM   #8
hollyt

Drives: 2003 corvette
I plan on having mine painted on.
hollyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
sheesh

Drives: nonr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post

www.getwrapped.ca
sheesh is offline   Reply With Quote