Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-16-2008, 03:33 AM   #99
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD View Post
Why would I say that if fbodfather hadn't PM'ed me and told me that it was IOM? Why would I lie and try to screw you guys?
I believe you. Under heavy indoor lighting IOM looks like hugger orange as we have seen with the mouse at the Miami auto show.. In the case of the IOM mouse at the auto show, the flash actually changed the shutter speed to become very fast thus the image comes out darker. I took a bunch of pictures in the Miami autoshow and I had to turn off flash in all of them so they would come out nice and bright. However there were times I forgot so I do have before and after shots with and without flash in the same Miami Autoshow the picture above of IOM was shot.. Below the top picture is with the flash and is darker than the bottom picture without the flash. This is very very close to the Camaro which I will upload pictures as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by Supermans; 11-16-2008 at 03:49 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #100
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1200r View Post
What? Your breath showed up so it's not metallic? Where is this logic coming from?

My face was that close to the paint and the sales man tried to tell me it was metallic...even the sticker on the Colorado only said Inferno Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD View Post
Why would I say that if fbodfather hadn't PM'ed me and told me that it was IOM? Why would I lie and try to screw you guys?
I just missed the post is all.....I don't think you are lieing...its all good
Old 11-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #101
spd98

Drives: had a goat
I say forget them both a bring on brazen! It's the best orange imho!
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:00 AM   #102
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Finally picture of in front of the rear wheel so we can see what is really behind those fake vents eveyone wants to cut out....
I haven't seen any comments about it though... what are your thoughts?

About the color, has anyone even considered that lighting has alot to do with what a color looks like? in normal light it can look one color, under artificial light it can look another color. not to mention the color differences you can see in different cameras and computer monitors.. so you cannot judge a color shade by a picture, you can only really judge a color when you see it in person and under different lighting conditions...JMHO.....

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-31-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #103
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
These are great photos. I have never seen them before. Thank you for sharing them. These photos show why the Camaro is such a great structurally sound ride and why there is no need for supplemental bracing like previous generations!

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #104
marcao

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
WOW!!! I had never seen these pics either. I am so glad the previous poster revived this thread from the dead... LOL
It is fascinating to see what's under the exterior metal sheets of our beloved car. What a beautiful piece of art.
marcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #105
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcao View Post
WOW!!! I had never seen these pics either. I am so glad the previous poster revived this thread from the dead... LOL
It is fascinating to see what's under the exterior metal sheets of our beloved car. What a beautiful piece of art.
Ditto
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #106
camru

Drives: Camaro
WOW! Nice car and nice photos, i love this car!!!
camru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #107
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
the trunk opening looks even smaller on that cutaway. also looks like a Transformer took a bite out of the driver's side. very cool pics.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #108
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Thanks for posting these pix, I always appreciate more technical views and info about cars in general. Since this is the car I drive every day, it's nice to know that there are hardened steel bits surrounding me! Also, since I had an accident that hit the front driver side, I can see that my relatively light front hit caused no damage to the frame or hardened steel under the fender. I will post a thread to show my accident pic and your fine cutaway pix. Interesting to see, thanks again for posting something new!

eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #109
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Check out this comparison of a smashed Camaro to the cutaway

Gents/ladies,

I had a car accident with my Camaro, there is a full thread on that if you go see my post history. I still await my car back next week. I was really interested in this post of the new cutaway shots to see how my accident actually missed all the "major" stuff. In the end under the panels, it was only the front driver suspension that required full replacement as the wheel took most of energy from the crash. This is such good news as you can see my front steel bumper was untouched, therefor no frame/fork damage. There was a need to pull jut the front upper under panel area above the light pod, but I assume this did nothing to the long term driveability of the car.

Check out the hardened, low allow steel in the cutaway and compare it to my car. Untouched, WHEW! Thanks again It's also nice to know that the lower side impact beams are composed of Martensitic steel. I was unaware of this interesting metal, but here is a link I found about it on Wikipedia:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Martensite, named after the German metallurgist Adolf Martens (1850–1914), most commonly refers to a very hard form of steel crystalline structure, but it can also refer to any crystal structure that is formed by displacive transformation. It includes a class of hard minerals occurring as lath- or plate-shaped crystal grains. When viewed in cross-section, the lenticular (lens-shaped) crystal grains appear acicular (needle-shaped), which is how they are sometimes incorrectly described.[vague]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eB
Attached Images

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #110
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
bump
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote