Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #1
justinj

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS RS
A/C is not working.. dealer is going to tell me No I think..

So I took the car to the dealer for the AC not working and of course they say the car is over its 3 year mark.. I only have 12900 miles on the car.. I started to argue the fact that they have several problems with the 2011 Camaro AC system and its all over the forms.. They proceed to tell me that if I was to get work done it was going to cost me 800 just for the compressor and there was no recall on my car for the AC system..(F*** that) I told him that I wanted to talk to the manager just to see if there was anything they could do for me since the car had such low miles. He called the manager and they told me to leave the car and they would check it out for free. They give me a call saying that it was the compressor that went out and he was sending up a approval for them to do the work since the car was supercharged and it could have made the AC fail... it failed before I installed it but thats my fault for not fixing it.. The approval guy for the area I guess is on leave now and would not be back until next monday and I needed to call them to see if it would be approved then..

So lets say they don't replace it. Is there a way I can update the BCM with HPtuners just to make sure the software is right in the car.. and can I pull out the compressor from the bottom and not have to mess with the radiator. I can order a whole oem compressor and supporting replacement parts for less then 400 online so just might just do that and not deal with the dealership. I have replaced them on other cars before just not a 2011 Camaro.
2011 CAMARO 2SS RS-kooks long tube/flow-master American Thunder full exhaust, duel electric cutouts, Mcleod RXT, ZL1 3.73 kit, PFADT sway bars, Toe rods, Lowering springs, Trailing arms, solid rear cradle bushings, BMR motor mounts, Stage 7 RPM TR6060, Whipple Supercharger, LPE twin fuel pumps, ID850 injectors, Elite Catch Can, VEI Gauges, Blower Cam LS1 277LCB HR-14, Barton Short Throw Shifter. Widen Stock rims with 315s, Lots more. 615rwhp 530 rwtq on mustang dyno
justinj is offline   Reply With Quote