Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
MDHinDenver
2 Camaro RS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Dealer Badge on Car??

I was wondering how many members have the dealer badge afixed onto the back of their cars.

I do have one and wish I did not. My ABM 2LT RS is the 2nd car I have purchased from the dealership and I wish I had thought to tell them that I did not want them to attach it to the car. They must have attached it as soon as that car rolled off the truck too because I picked it up less than 2 hours after it arrived and it was already on the car when I got to the dealership. The car was in prep when I arrived. Why should I be advertising for them for free??

At last its a nice looking plaque though and not one of those stickers that are sometimes added (and added crooked nonetheless). And ... it was added carefully above the drivers side tail lights on the trunk lid so it does not look out of place.

I have been thinking of removing it but am scared that it would leave a mark or scuff the paint or something (its now been on the car close to 5 months).

Does any other member have one and not want it? Anyone specifically ask the dealer to not add it when the car arrived? Has anyone tried removing one and been successful?

Thanks.
MDHinDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Mzodarg
Remembering those in Blue

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Blk w/IOM Int
Your Kidding right? I would have told them to take it off before I signed the paper work.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
Havok1327

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
I made sure and told the dealer several times not to put the sticker on my car. But even if they did they are easily removed and won't leave a mark.
Havok1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Dude, get that beast off! I wouldn't have left the dealer with that shiet on my car, those things are ridiculous!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
KMSRS2SS
I lurk

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I told the dealer when I ordered that I didn't want anything with the dealer name on it, even the license plate holder that most use I told him I didn't want. I told them they couldn't afford my advertising prices lol. I would take it back to the dealer and have them remove it.
KMSRS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
StealthMan

Drives: 88 IROC-Z Convert, 08 Jeep Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDHinDenver View Post
I was wondering how many members have the dealer badge afixed onto the back of their cars.

I do have one and wish I did not. My ABM 2LT RS is the 2nd car I have purchased from the dealership and I wish I had thought to tell them that I did not want them to attach it to the car. They must have attached it as soon as that car rolled off the truck too because I picked it up less than 2 hours after it arrived and it was already on the car when I got to the dealership. The car was in prep when I arrived. Why should I be advertising for them for free??

At last its a nice looking plaque though and not one of those stickers that are sometimes added (and added crooked nonetheless). And ... it was added carefully above the drivers side tail lights on the trunk lid so it does not look out of place.

I have been thinking of removing it but am scared that it would leave a mark or scuff the paint or something (its now been on the car close to 5 months).

Does any other member have one and not want it? Anyone specifically ask the dealer to not add it when the car arrived? Has anyone tried removing one and been successful?

Thanks.

I am sure if you search you can find suggestions to remove it in more detail, but quickly here:

- Get a hairdryer and heat up the dealer badge
- Get some fishing line, wrap it around both forefingers on each hand
- Slide the fishing line behind the dealer badge and slowly use the fishing line to start cutting into the glue pads holding the badge onto the paint
- once you get all the way to the end the badge should be off
- You will need to get some "goo gone" to remove the glue residual left on your car from the badge
- Wax where you used goo gone and you are done

Hope this helps!
StealthMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
Yep, I told them it better not be on the car? I cant stand those things.
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Ask THEM to remove it that way if they damage your car THEY will have to fix it! I told my dealer do not put that on my car, I went to pick it up and there it was! A sticker that was cooked and had bubbles in it! I said Take it off now before I leave that looks like crap! They got someone to remove asap, no marks thank god!
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
nassau97

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 97 Vette 91 Vette
I told my dealer not to put any of that stuff on my car several weeks before it came in. I would make them take that off.
nassau97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
redlightroxy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 2006 Malibu
I asked my dealer to not afix a sticker. He said "no problem" and when I picked up my baby, there was no sticker. I don't mind the dealer plate frame. They put a nice "chrome" looking one on the back, and it actually looks nice. My dealer was great, and if anyone ever asks me about my car, I tell them about how great they were.

It doesn't bother me to advertise a bit when they treated me so well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know you're addicted to Camaro5 when you hear that song being played over the radio and immediately think of redlightroxy.
redlightroxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
My dealer put their badge in my glove box. I requested that they do not put it on the car.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #12
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
My salesman told me they don't put the sticker on, but they use the license plate frames. He asked if he could put it on. I told him yeah, and I took it off when I got home.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I said no stickers or dealer emblems of any kind on mine back on April 18th when I ordered it, I love my dealership (Balise), but I did not want anything on the Car.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
MY DEALER SAID THEY HAD TO

I told them not to put one on but the salesman said they had to put it on
I pealed if off before I left the lot.
did not leave a mark.
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote