Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Port fueling sound interesting. maybe you should bring this up to tracy and see what his response is gretch. does anyone know how adkin did with their turbo build? I wonder how they got around the fueling issue even if they got around it
I understand they were kicked off the site so either they stopped the whole project altogether or they have continued on and are not going to share with the ppl here who were calling them out on their rudeness. I thinkk a few among us have his phone number maybe we should text him.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Port fueling sound interesting. maybe you should bring this up to tracy and see what his response is gretch. does anyone know how adkin did with their turbo build? I wonder how they got around the fueling issue even if they got around it
It was the very thing we talked about as an alternative. He's still considering it, but would like to keep it total DI if he can. We are both (and I'm thinking many others) convinced the next generation of V8s are going to be DI, so it is better to figure out the right way to fuel a beast now than to take a short cut (no offense to anyone). That doesn't mean we won't go that route if the other ideas don't pan out, but for now he and IPS are working a couple of ideas that will keep it completely DI.

I wish I could tell you more, but I'm not asking IPS to give me details on what they are doing ("none of my business" thing from my perspective and maybe theirs), and Tracy and I just haven't had time to talk in details about where he is with it. I'm sure once he has a good feel for what will work he'll share.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #17
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I understand they were kicked off the site so either they stopped the whole project altogether or they have continued on and are not going to share with the ppl here who were calling them out on their rudeness. I thinkk a few among us have his phone number maybe we should text him.
Last I heard, Will stepped away from Adkins. I don't know if he got his car back, but he told me the turbo was still not tuned and it was leaking badly.
The guy who had the manual there got his car back without the turbo. They had the clutch in and it felt bad. They redid it and I think the guy said he was going to drive it back to SanAntonio from CA.

Jonathan was making promises he couldn't keep and had a bad business sense. He said the clutch was done, sold one to me, a month went by with excuse after excuse as to why it hadn't shipped. I asked for a refund and was told it would be granted. Another month goes by and I am losing it. I finally contacted my bank and got my refund finally yesterday.
This is not the first forum to ban them and I don't believe it was just for rules infractions.
I'm now going to get back in touch with Spec and see how they're doing with their clutch project.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #18
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Last I heard, Will stepped away from Adkins. I don't know if he got his car back, but he told me the turbo was still not tuned and it was leaking badly.
The guy who had the manual there got his car back without the turbo. They had the clutch in and it felt bad. They redid it and I think the guy said he was going to drive it back to SanAntonio from CA.

Jonathan was making promises he couldn't keep and had a bad business sense. He said the clutch was done, sold one to me, a month went by with excuse after excuse as to why it hadn't shipped. I asked for a refund and was told it would be granted. Another month goes by and I am losing it. I finally contacted my bank and got my refund finally yesterday.
This is not the first forum to ban them and I don't believe it was just for rules infractions.
I'm now going to get back in touch with Spec and see how they're doing with their clutch project.

WOW!! god must have been with me because at one point I was about to put a nice amount of loan on my card and go for a supercharger build from them, but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to stay all N/A this time around.

Im glad everything worked out for ya at the end but I can just imagine what you was probably going through.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #19
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:

well, hate to say we told you so..but we told you so. Poor John took some heat from his posts too
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #20
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Let's just let them disappear, guys. Will sounded good, sounded enthusiastic, but in the end, couldn't fix what was wrong with Adkins from the start. Google them and you'll see Adkins Performance has been banned from different forums and it's always the same story.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:52 AM   #21
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:

there were a few people who called adkins on this from the moment he started looking for cars to do this with. those of you who refused to believe...well obviously you should have...jonathan is simply an idiot who couldnt run a lemonade stand. funny, i was just curious if i was ever proven wrong with this build so i just did a search, and this is what came up. i feel bad for you guys that got taken, including will if this is true....but you all were warned.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #22
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
WOW!! god must have been with me because at one point I was about to put a nice amount of loan on my card and go for a supercharger build from them, but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to stay all N/A this time around.

Im glad everything worked out for ya at the end but I can just imagine what you was probably going through.
Good thing...

...your NA build is more impressive to me anyways than a supercharged application!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #23
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Will seemed like a decent guy. Looks like he just made a bad decision in hitching his wagon to the Adkins Business of Fail.

Who among us hasn't made a poor decision or 2 in our lifetime?

Thanks for the insight USA1. Glad you didn't get the shaft in the end.

I'm out of this and movin on.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #24
dthomp2366

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbo
Throwing this out there but has anyone looking into the fuel system for the Cobalt? I know alot of guys that have run 30psi over the stock system so my logic is leading me to believe that the direct injection system from a cobalt should flow enough for a LLT.

I know Cobalt's fuel pump is in tank and the rails can run up to 2800psi. So if it can push 4 cylinders to 30psi then it should be able to push 6 at 5-10psi.

Hopefully this can help solve the puzzle
dthomp2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #25
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomp2366 View Post
Throwing this out there but has anyone looking into the fuel system for the Cobalt? I know alot of guys that have run 30psi over the stock system so my logic is leading me to believe that the direct injection system from a cobalt should flow enough for a LLT.

I know Cobalt's fuel pump is in tank and the rails can run up to 2800psi. So if it can push 4 cylinders to 30psi then it should be able to push 6 at 5-10psi.

Hopefully this can help solve the puzzle
Actually the Cobalts have a similar setup to ours. The in-tank low-pressure pump and a high-pressure pump connected to the cam shaft. They have exactly the same pump and had to rely on aftermarket manufacturers to build new high-pressure pumps. That's what we are working on now.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #26
dthomp2366

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbo
Our fuel delivery isnt cutting out though. Its the Cobalt guys with larger turbos that are upgrading the rail and sometimes adding a secondary rail. Its my understanding that you guys are only planning on pushing about 10lbs max right? Could the Cobalt injectors flow at a higher rate? If so, using them could be a cheaper solution.
dthomp2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #27
Shadow Camaro

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
From what i understand of this, its not the rails thats the problem, they spray fine, its that the high pressure pump cant work fast enough to send the amount of fuel we need. I hope im right? lol. i try to follow these turbo threads but i get lost sometimes.

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!
Shadow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #28
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
well, hate to say we told you so..but we told you so. Poor John took some heat from his posts too
How did I miss all this!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote