Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #43
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Just remember guys, Scott said the silver car is "Production Intent" I think he called it. The big dawgs at GM are still reading comments on boards, and Cheryl said, "Be honest how you feel about the car, your likes and dislikes, we're listening." (and reading) I believe Scott used the number... 90% production. If you met these people, and heard the way they talk and how they act when they're talking about the cars, they are working their behineys off to make this thing right! I know fake hype when I see it, that wasn't fake. They truly love this car.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #44
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
On the poster for the carbon trim interior it shows orange on steering wheel, gauges and gear shift. Can anyone explain that? Haven't heard or seen that before. Can we get that in diff colors? I know some of these answers can't be answered till GM gives dealers official list of options. But if anyone gets info please share as I know you will.

I don't think the GFX look that bad if they come same as body color. I like the heated side mirrors as shown on the yellow RS. Nice on dewy or frosty mornings.

As for the sub. I wan't waste my money on overrated MTX subs. I will probably go with my Alpine PDX 1.1000 amp and two shallow 12's from Pioneer. They take less space than normal subs and put out lot's af bass. I have two 10's in my Colly with the 1000 amp Alpine and it's more bass than needed, which reminds me. Think we can order high a output alternater from the factory or would that be dealer or aftermarket?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:57 AM   #45
65bus

Drives: 92 Z28, 72 Chevy truck, 65 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to 65bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
Define close. One is supposed to be near Atlanta next week in Douglousville.
That's preety close and will try and make it but with my employer I might have some troubles, I might have to give them a longer notice to be off work. Is there another event that's close but a little bit longer (time frame) away from now that is comming up. Thanks for the help. This Camaro is going to be the biggest hit GM has had since the Buick Grand National IMO
65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #46
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
I'm confused. Red dash trim is offered as one of the interior part colors, but I remember hearing that the two default interior lighting schemes were red and blue. Or is it that it's gray and lights up blue/red, but is neither of those during the day. Someone set me straight.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:35 AM   #47
Redmenance

Drives: 93Z28/2000SSMonte/68ChevConvt
It keeps getting better and better.....we love all the choices! We would love to see
the price for the add on's so we can customize our SS...Great job getting all the info
Thanks
Redmenance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:18 AM   #48
MCMLXIX
1967 Chevelle Pro-Touring

Drives: 1967 Chevelle
I believe the RED for the Carbon Fiber is just a way to make it stand out in the picture WHERE the carbon fiber will go.. not that it's red.... just its location....
MCMLXIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:27 AM   #49
Sanouk

Drives: all US
Question

"HUD will be available in June 2010 SOP (2011 MY)"

HUD what is ???
Sanouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:29 AM   #50
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanouk View Post
"HUD will be available in June 2010 SOP (2011 MY)"

HUD what is ???
Heads up display. What is SOP.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:51 AM   #51
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
Heads up display. What is SOP.
Start Of Production.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #52
Revnic

Drives: 2000 Custom Silverado
What kind of date is 10/13? Maybe its too early in the morning for me, but is that not the 10th month of 2013? Obviously I'm mistaken?
Revnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #53
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I've never liked carbon trim stickers inside cars.. They tend to peel off quite easily and add an extra thickness to whatever they are on that doesn't look natural.. The wing may give the car better aerodynamics, but doesn't look right to me. I guess I'll have to see a car with the ground effects in place to see what it looks like.. Overall I like having the options for the interior colors and it is good to see GM is doing this and having this many accessories at launch or shortly after..

I think though before I make any decision on pre-ordering next month, I need to see more pictures of different interior combination's as we don't have that many.. Also, I need to see more colors in real life that are not computer rendered..
Old 09-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #54
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
GM keeps dragging their feet , I think they believe in the old strategy of slowly improving the model year after year. They do this to keep interest and sales up. What they don't realize is that the car hasn't been around for almost 7 years, and they guys that normally upgrade every few years because on new features aren't for the most parts driving camaros anymore. Almost anyone looking into this car segment is going to want one from the beginning and this may cause waiting lists that may spill over in interest for several years. I don't see sales volumes dipping significantly till after 3 years, baring fuel prices changing drastically. Just introduce the model with the most current appeal. Don't use 10 year old technology 2 years from now and try to pass it off as innovation. There's no reason all these future features I.E. heads up, convertible would be available from the beginning. It seams to me the Volt was put on the fast track given the technological challenge witch should have added extra development time and the camaro wasn't. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining just frustrated to wait almost 4 years and maybe 5 or more for those of us that want a vert. Remember word of the concept started hitting the web around Oct of 2005. and that's after 4 to 6 months of development.
The Concept was first shown in Jan. 2006, "word of the concept started hitting the web around Oct of 2005" means very little in all of this. Car makers in general have always added options after the initial release of a new model, I can't recall one where absolutely everything was available at initial release. That's just the way life is so we will have to deal with it.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 AM   #55
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
That's really disappointing. The ground effects was the major accessory I was planning on getting....that's just too boy racer/ricey for me. Oh well, if that is the only thing I can complain about...no biggie. I'm sure there will be lots of after market gfx.

I wonder how they're gonna fit that big sub through that tiny trunk opening lol.
Exactly. Ground effects/wing are too rice. I don't want to look like another punk ass ricer. No boomy kiddie's sub either. I like my music balanced, not making the car resonate.

The HUD, some performance parts, floor mats, cold air are about all I want.

Thank God they didn't offer a fart can!

Hey GM:

I don't thing a big sector of your market isn't going to be kiddies living with Mommy! Fast and Furious doesn't belong on American Muscle.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #56
mfb_lt1birdman

Drives: 94 Trans Am
I'm really not super fond of the ground effects. The shorties as a dealer installed accessory are fantastic though.

Since it has been mentioned that GM is still listening/reading. That smaller blade spoiler should be standard on the SS! Just a subtle lil touch to help differentiate it from the rest and IMO greatly improve its appearance.
mfb_lt1birdman is offline   Reply With Quote