Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #267
mikdz06

Drives: 2010 camaro
Oh well that's the way it goes, it will teach me that maybe I can't run this car like I thought I could.
mikdz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #268
Joemaro

Drives: 2SS/RS
Is anyone getting turned down by the dealer because of their mileage? I'm literally just under 12,000 miles, bought the car in Dec... my clutch is extremely soft and has a varying yet unusually high engagement point. I haven't had the clutch stick yet, although I haven't used launch control / spun the tires.. I'm very hesitant to dump the clutch until I get the chance to take the car in.
Joemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #269
ramsman34

Drives: 2011 Summit White, 2SS/RS-LS3
scuffrage:
Quote:
Is this clutch still an issue with the 2011 models?
I have a 2011 too. I wonder if anyone knows of or had any problems with the 11's? I assume if the newer 2010 models were fixed then the 11's would be as well???
ramsman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #270
goodwrench265

Drives: 2010 camaro ss m6
I had a lawyer contact me today over the possibility of a class action law suit over the matter. His law office is currently looking into the facts.
goodwrench265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #271
lellowSS

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS M6
Had mine in to the dealer since last Friday and they tell me there is nothing wrong. So frustrating because we all know there is a problem!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #272
rcracer78

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwrench265 View Post
I had a lawyer contact me today over the possibility of a class action law suit over the matter. His law office is currently looking into the facts.
The lawyer contacted me too. However it seems like he's primarily interested in the V6 models with disintegrating clutches. I have the LS3 and it seems like my clutch doesn't fully disengage. It feels very crunchy from 1st to 2nd and starting to feel that way going into 3rd now. I have a feeling it's the pressure plate or slave cylinder, which should be an easy fix for GM. When all is finished and they finally step up and fix this problem they're going to have to crack open a lot of Tremecs and replace synchros as well. Mine is at Selman Chevrolet right now. The service department called me Monday trying to tell be they can't duplicate the problem (of course) just like Connell Chevrolet did. Well I wasn't having it this time! I told him start that car up in the morning and just try to get that thing to go into 2nd gear or not grind going into 2nd at higher rpm's. I haven't heard back since so I hope they're doing work.

Had anybody else benn contacted by the lawyer?
rcracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #273
goodwrench265

My car is a v8 car as well. They had the tranny on the floor when I found this post about the clutch. Mine needed syncros for 2nd gear at about 1000mi under heavy accel. it has 3k on it now and they are finally fixing it, however they will not put a clutch in it or any of the updated p/n that I provided. I was nothing short of pissed when I got called that it was done and that it did not get a clutch. We need to organize how many people are having this problem, be it a group on FB or a combo, just so that a number can be put to it.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #274
ZooDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Mine did this as well. (Twice)
I made an appointment at my dealership. Decent people.
Described the issue.
They called a while later, said they have a bulletin on it, and there is nothing wrong.
They provided me with the filer #PIP4800 See below.
I am following up with the dealer for this.

ZooDad
ZooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #275
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
I had the same line of crap.....can't reproduce problem...so there must be no problem. Then they accuse me of using the launch control improperly.... Told them to access the CPU and prove that I EVER used launch control(I actually never did use it). Of course I get . I'm pretty much done with chevy, sorry, chevrolet, after this...or my dealer at least.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #276
mikdz06

Drives: 2010 camaro
rcracer;

Just got my v6 back after 44days at the dealer and that is what they found, the pressure plate was all right but the bolts backed out and the disk broke into pieces. They ended up replacing everything, the parts are the big thing there just not availible.

Good luck to all you V8 guys, this looks similar to the issue with the C5 vets.
mikdz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #277
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwrench265 View Post

I got a pm from them too, I replied my issue is not a disintegrating clutch but a stuck petal half engaged clutch. By the way, my parts are in and my camaro will be going to the dealer Tues the 13th. They will be changing the clutch slave/ brake master cyllinder. I hope to be a happy camper.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #278
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooDad View Post
Mine did this as well. (Twice)
I made an appointment at my dealership. Decent people.
Described the issue.
They called a while later, said they have a bulletin on it, and there is nothing wrong.
They provided me with the filer #PIP4800 See below.
I am following up with the dealer for this.

ZooDad
Yeah, this makes it all better..... NOT!

Anybody see these launch control instructions in their owners manual stating you must let out the clutch faster than normal?

Outta town and don't have the book with me. Mine car (actually the Wifes) has already been fixed, but just curious.
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #279
goodwrench265

I got a call today after printing off this post and taking it to the dealer, they are going to replace all of the parts with new.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #280
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Back out of the shop today!!!!!

They replaced the clutch slave cylinder/ brake reservoir cylinder and the clutch actuator. On the way home, I had to know, will it take off semi aggressive????
I stopped on a section of 2 lane with no one in sight, reved up slighty above normal and eased the clutch out. Barked both tires and it launched thru a couple gears just like I expect it to. No sticking clutch petal and thats all I really care about, should be a done deal with my issue. The clutch petal tension is much greater than I have ever experienced before. Thanks to GM and my dealer service dept to make my Camaro take off like a high performance car should.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote