Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
I don't think it's quite that bad. There's not a problem with there being an SS, the debate was which should be "top dog", SS or Z/28, and there were those that were quite outspoken on either side. To stay on topic, I do think that all versions will handle well, there will likely be optional handling packages, and the "top dog" should have an extremely good handling package.
Clyde

SS vs. Z28?
How about they'd both be Camaro's and that's good enough?
Old 12-27-2007, 10:43 PM   #30
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
I'm not worried so much about handling. I've learned to drive my Cherokee like a car, so I think the Camaro will seem perfect when I get behind the wheel. On a similar note, I almost got a new 4-door Wrangler earlier this year, and the handling killed it for me. Going 25 mph on a ramp to get on the interstate during the test drive the thing almost tipped over.
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #31
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
I just hope it an corners better than the current Firebirds and Camaros. I don't expect 350Z-style handling though, remember the engine is almost double the size of any of the worlds best handling cars. Well the Vette has good handling scores...
Old 12-28-2007, 02:55 AM   #32
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Eric View Post
I just hope it an corners better than the current Firebirds and Camaros. I don't expect 350Z-style handling though, remember the engine is almost double the size of any of the worlds best handling cars. Well the Vette has good handling scores...
really, you guys think it wont have comparable handling to the 350Z..... I would expect it to be damn near in handling to that car... btw.... the handling on those is pretty darn good.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #33
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Best handling Camaro ever built? Psh, I'm sure it will be one of the best handling cars ever built, period.
nicely put. Everyones worrying about nothing.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #34
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
theres no doublt it will be better than the 4th gen. not saying the 4th gen was bad but gm is full of a bunch of geniouses and they keep thinking of things better than the last.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:30 AM   #35
mprhead5

Drives: 04 MAzdaspeed miata 250whp
the pedders website has some good info on the underpinnings.

It is VERY hard to go from driving sportscars and convince myself to get a less focused automobile. Especaly when the good model is going to be so close in price to a low mile c6 corvette, probebly more. Seems like a lot of performance to give up in the name of a place to put a child seat. sure they will both be able to go strait fairly well but to imply that the camaro will handle in the same league is crazy.

The 350z is a fine car but its slow and feels heavy. perhaps with a supercharger it would do better. Depends on if you want to make more than 400whp or not since the block can't take much more than that without being built.

If my car could handle 350hp without serious chassis upgrades and aerodynamic aids I would just keep it but there is only so much power a 215 wide tire can handle. Even with race rubber for the street, and big wings on a MSM look silly even if they are needed.

american cars are getting better but aside from the vette; very very few have good cornering dynamics. Its that low speed high lock plow (under 60mph) that pains me. If they can keep the front end sharp I can do with lowwer limits as long as the dynamics are good.

current Ride: 04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 250whp 13.3 1/4m
mprhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote