Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #169
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf20 View Post
The 2SS was always getting the ambient lighting. There is no interior package. RS package is external only.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #170
Fuzzy Dice

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
well i have to say 'boooo' for this one. i am very disappointed to see a feature unique to Camaro get pulled so close to production. While I've heard all of the "we want the car to be perfect speeches" for the last 3 years, it is getting tiresome watching features still getting dropped/delayed at this stage in the game. Those fabric inserts are a joke. At least put some brushed aluminum panels in there. I guess the 3 year wait for this car wasn't long enough to properly engineer a couple LED's.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #171
blckWS6TA

Drives: 1996 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Not necessarily... the 2010 will still mark the "return" of the next-gen Camaro. Some people will dig that, and want one of the "first runs"... maybe?

I don't care. I'm getting it anyways. The possible features for next year, I've decided, do not interest me.
  • HUD is not that cool (I just don't get the big deal about it). I can see my speedometer just fine, without it being shoved in my face as a dancing distraction on the windshield.
  • The reverse sensing (although I wanted it at first) adds those ugly dots on your bumper. With a car that looks this good, I don't want to put anything I don't like on the exterior.
  • And ambient lighting... well, I fell in love with this car when I saw the exterior... any cool stuff on the interior is just a bonus, to me.
Just my opinion...

Plus, the current scare of the financial state of GM, coupled with CAFE, etc... I know it's not probable, but it is still slightly possible... and I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to own the car I've been drooling over for years. No sitting around and waiting this time... that's what happened when I decided I wanted to get a 4th gen... then look what happened...
First year cars are ALWAYS worth less because they always have issues. This is GM we are talking about, IT WILL HAVE ISSUES.
442 RWTQ
Old 02-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #172
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice View Post
well i have to say 'boooo' for this one. i am very disappointed to see a feature unique to Camaro get pulled so close to production. While I've heard all of the "we want the car to be perfect speeches" for the last 3 years, it is getting tiresome watching features still getting dropped/delayed at this stage in the game. Those fabric inserts are a joke. At least put some brushed aluminum panels in there. I guess the 3 year wait for this car wasn't long enough to properly engineer a couple LED's.
I think you're confused... the fabric inserts are only on the base versions of the cars, which wouldn't include the lighting anyways. If you have a car that is getting ambient lighting, then you are still getting the plastic kick-ass looking panels... not the fabric ones.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #173
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Just a note, I will be at the show. Actually, Fbod has arranged for a preview 2 hours early for us.

I will be taking both my camera and camcorder and will post both on Saturday evening or night.

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #174
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
imagine that.... Thanks to Scotty and camaro5, I learned the straight poop ont the ABL and not my from dealer. Huh.....
Old 02-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #175
bigjun

Drives: 2010 camaro
this is not a problem at all. besides there are plenty of tool makers or auto workers can make it happen, they can do whatever u want to make sure it will happen to your lovely camaro interior or exterior. the point is, soon or later u will get camaro 2010, it is still lovely, isnt it?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #176
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsault View Post
If they do not reduce the price because of the door-only situation regarding the ABL, do you think they would alter the price of the Interior Orange package, seeing that the orange ABL is the prominant feature of this optional package? How do the people who ordered the accent package feel about the door-only ABL announcement?
The seats in the IO package also have an Orange insert (two tone).

EDIT: this is an IVER. The door panels would also be orange (instead of the black shown here)
Attached Images

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
Old 02-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #177
Hillbilly
Rider of the short BUS

Drives: Ukon/F350(work)/Intruder800
What a bunch of cry babies. If ABL is that big of a deal go get a rice burner.
If I were chevy I would just cancel the entire production plans. The new Camaro must be a piece of crap without that ABL thingy. GET REAL GUYS
Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #178
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post

Crap?

Yeah, but that's Mrs. Ronald.

Aftermarket vendors are going to be all over this. Disco lighting, following lighting, chase mode, remote controlled brightness, dances to the music, patterns and colors.

Another vote for the 1SS versus 2SS.

So, why does GM need the aftermarket vendors to do it right when, as your pic shows, the technology is already available?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDOG View Post
We should all happy to get this car anyway we can. With the outlook for GM getting worse everyday, there may be no Camaro next year or any GM vehicle. Look around GM Inside News, its alot worse them most people would like to believe.
Sorry, but that's absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
If my dash get's jacked because of heat, I'll be pissed. And for that reason, I'm thinking that this is not the reason they pulled ABL. If it was heat, why would the doors be any different? Aren't they the same material? Until we get a reason otherwise, it's +1 for the bean counters.
There may be some heat at the source, but a significant amount will not propagate out through the light tube. Plastic tubing is not a good heat sink. That's also absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
CTS has lighting on the dash. Light pipe across the I/P and through the doors.
Exactly, so why, when time started running short for the problematic new lighting technology, didn't they begin working on a backup contingency plan using the CTS's already tried and true technology?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #179
DDustiNN

I hope that at the Cleveland Auto Show, [insert Camaro5 member here] yells "show us the ABL or die!!!"

...and then [insert GM rep here] says "uh... wtf is ABL?"

...then everyone proceeds to point and laugh at [insert Camaro5 member here] for using a stupid, made-up acronym that makes no sense and means nothing to GM (or anyone else in the world outside of Camaro5).

That is all
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #180
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
What a bunch of cry babies. If ABL is that big of a deal go get a rice burner.
If I were chevy I would just cancel the entire production plans. The new Camaro must be a piece of crap without that ABL thingy. GET REAL GUYS
I'm glad you support the failure of GM. It's these kinds of idiotic beliefs that have put GM in the situation that they're in.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #181
DDustiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Exactly, so why, when time started running short for the problematic new lighting technology, didn't they begin working on a backup contingency plan using the CTS's already tried and true technology?
Why would they want to "copy" something that is already being done? Then everyone would complain because they just copied the CTS. Maybe GM wants the Camaro to be its own beast, and stand out. Not have people say "oh, cool, that's just like the CTS"... I think they'd prefer "wow, that's so much cooler than the Caddy version"

So maybe we should just wait and see? I mean, damn, it's only 2 days away...
Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #182
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
still will look sweet

Closed Thread