Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #1
v6maro

Drives: 2014 camaro
Procharged v6

So I'm thinking about procharging my car. And I'm pretty familiar with what I have to do in order to do this. I understand they don't make one specifically for the v6, but I'm pretty good at fabricating whatever I can dream of. So any ideas of parts or upgrades I need to consider ?
v6maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Glasstop2010RS

Drives: Corvette C6 500 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6maro View Post
So I'm thinking about procharging my car. And I'm pretty familiar with what I have to do in order to do this. I understand they don't make one specifically for the v6, but I'm pretty good at fabricating whatever I can dream of. So any ideas of parts or upgrades I need to consider ?
Start with a new transmission and rear to start with..you will need V8 drive line for starters.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I got a v3 vortech superchager on mine . Didt need to upgrade anything .i will swap out my clutch when it starts to slip but other then that I'm good
Old 06-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasstop2010RS View Post
Start with a new transmission and rear to start with..you will need V8 drive line for starters.
Some people kill me, the engine will blow up before the transmission or rear end. I've run plenty fast on stock parts with a Vortech V3.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Some people kill me, the engine will blow up before the transmission or rear end. I've run plenty fast on stock parts with a Vortech V3.
+1

Stock V6 parts are stout! I thought I was going to have to upgrade to the SS rear diff but this little open diff in my auto has handled everything I've thrown at it and its seen plenty of abuse and 1/4 mile runs. I don't see any need at all to upgrade any of the driveline unless your running drag slicks and a converter. Even then I would love to see how much it could handle. I'm guessing the axles would prob be the weakest link but I don't think anyone has broke one yet. At least that I've heard of.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:31 PM   #6
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
+1

Stock V6 parts are stout! I thought I was going to have to upgrade to the SS rear diff but this little open diff in my auto has handled everything I've thrown at it and its seen plenty of abuse and 1/4 mile runs. I don't see any need at all to upgrade any of the driveline unless your running drag slicks and a converter. Even then I would love to see how much it could handle. I'm guessing the axles would prob be the weakest link but I don't think anyone has broke one yet. At least that I've heard of.
The open rear will go first on the v6 for all model years and then the TC for 2012 and prior v6's. My diff went out after 40k turboceharged miles making at least 50 less hp and tq than your car. I'm sure you've noticed that your car makes so much power that there is no more one wheel peel on a hard launch, locking up is not good for the open diff.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #7
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
The open rear will go first on the v6 for all model years and then the TC for 2012 and prior v6's. My diff went out after 40k turboceharged miles making at least 50 less hp and tq than your car. I'm sure you've noticed that your car makes so much power that there is no more one wheel peel on a hard launch, locking up is not good for the open diff.
Lol yeah that's why I've stayed away from drag radials so far.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:21 PM   #8
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Lol yeah that's why I've stayed away from drag radials so far.
Lol that's a good decision, keep the launches reasonable. Even though I knew it would break eventually, I couldn't help myself. I liked pretending that I had an LSD, every one wheel peel killed me a bit inside every time.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote