Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-17-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
GrumpySteelMan

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS Convertible
Talking 2011 2SS/RS M6 SS Convertible "Heavy Chevy" Build

Hi Guys,

First post. Great community here. I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge and the relatively small amount of bickering and flaming. I like you guys (and a few girls even).

First Muscle Car. Bought totally stock as far as mechanicals, but it had some dress-up parts on it. 45k miles.

I'm leaning on Ted at Jannetty Racing for tuning, right now, due to the overwhelming positive feedback on this forum. So far - I'm with Ted - read on and you'll see why.

I've done a lot of tuning with imports and I was shocked that an email tune could be this good - with no datalogs exchanged.

Bone Stock made 380.5wrhp 382wtq (comparison image later)

385.8whp (+5whp) and 392wtq (+10wtq) with just the SCT X4 Canned Tune. I didn't manage to talk Ted out of a JRE stock flash and a CAI/Scoop/Washer flash, but Ted said 5whp is to be expected with his stock tune and the SCT delivered that. The SCT Canned tune was rich - 11.8 A/F as measured after cats.

393.2whp (+13whp) and 393.9wtq (+11wtq) with Jannetty Racing Tune, CAI, Rotofab Washer Bottle and JRE Scoop. The email tune A/Fs came in at 12.5 with a wideband after cats - which is nearly perfect with a little safety room.

Bone stock to present modes comparison (pardon the screen pic). I'll get a scan in when I visit the dyno again. It looks like a wash before 3200rpm, but then there's a solid gain under the curve all the way to redline.

I have an AEM wideband going in with Texas-Speed 2" primary headers and high-flow cats, and 3.91 gears. I'm trying to talk Ted into getting me a LT Header tune without the gears, and with, so that I can dyno with just the CAI/LTs stock tune, then CAI/LTs with just Ted's JRE CAI tune, then CAI/LTs with Ted's JRE CAI/LT tune - BEFORE the gears - since they'll change the results going forward due to the different ratio.
GrumpySteelMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:56 PM   #2
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Great first post. I would recommend gears above all else it fixes/hides the weight of the car. Good choice in the LS3 version, the 3.91 on a 1/8th track you can race cars with much more power and win.
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #3
GrumpySteelMan

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS Convertible
PASTED OVER FROM PERFORMANCE FORUM FOR EASY REFERENCE

Pretty pleased with the pricing. Less than $1000 with HFCs.

Minor hiccup on the install. There was some weld that damaged my 02 sensor and destroyed one thread chaser trying to remove it. Not pleased with the response from Texas-Speed - they didn't answer my first email and when I pinged them again basically said "we've never seen this and it shouldn't be a big deal". I would've appreciated a better response for the aggravation. I ended up having to grind it out and use another O2 thread tap to get installed.

No clearancing was needed after removing the u-joint boot on the steering arm (2" primaries!) but I massaged it a tiny bit for insurance. I'm certain it would have been ok.

Baseline with JRE 93 Octane Tune, CAI, JRE Scoop, and Washer Bottle

Add Texas Speed Headers and JRE 415 Tune

So - very pleased with the value. Points taken off for customer service. Still can't argue with 32whp and 26tq for around $1000 including the JRE tune.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:25 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Nice ride! Great gains, that is a strong performer for sure....

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, convertible, dyno, jre, tune