Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
2016 Camaro License Plate Front Bracket

I noticed that on my order the front license plate bracket appeared in the break down even after we unchecked it in the options list. It might be because in California you technically need the bracket and plate.

I talked with my dealer and they mentioned all performance cars ship with a loose bracket (not installed on the car) but they are unsure of the 2016 Camaro. I had them specifically note to not install the bracket (just like my 2013). Here is to praying they are not pre-installed by the factory.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Yeah its really a shame to ruin that beauty with a license plate.get one of those show N go plates if you will have to put it on like me
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I noticed that on my order the front license plate bracket appeared in the break down even after we unchecked it in the options list. It might be because in California you technically need the bracket and plate.

I talked with my dealer and they mentioned all performance cars ship with a loose bracket (not installed on the car) but they are unsure of the 2016 Camaro. I had them specifically note to not install the bracket (just like my 2013). Here is to praying they are not pre-installed by the factory.
That stinks...my order does not list one, I had my dealer uncheck it, but we don't have front license plates here in NC.
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
From what I understand with the Stingray orders, it's required to be on your order if you're in a front license plate state. It is a dealer installed option, though, so if you tell them you're not going to accept delivery with a front plate, you should be ok.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
From what I understand with the Stingray orders, it's required to be on your order if you're in a front license plate state. It is a dealer installed option, though, so if you tell them you're not going to accept delivery with a front plate, you should be ok.
I know my 2013 had the plate and mounts in the trunk wen I got it. But, my guy noted he will make sure they do not install it on my car.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:38 PM   #6
LbulletM

Quote:
I know my 2013 had the plate and mounts in the trunk wen I got it. But, my guy noted he will make sure they do not install it on my car.
Yea. I would FREAK if the dealership drilled into my new car.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #7
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
I told my dealer not to install it and he said he wasn't going to haha. He said he only does that if the person ordering the car specifically asks for it to be installed.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:04 PM   #8
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:

They will not put on the license plate bracket at the factory. They will do This at the dealership unless you tell them not too. I don't want a license plate on my camaro either and I will tell them not to install it. If they do install I will tell hem to get me another car.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:06 PM   #9
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Ohio is a front license plate state. When my Mom ordered her Corvette they told her the front bracket comes shipped in the trunk wrapped in plastic. The dealer told her she didn't have to have it installed if she didn't want it, they wouldn't install it if she didn't want them to.

I would imagine it's the same for the Camaro.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
and whats with this Option ?

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:02 PM   #11
LbulletM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
and whats with this Option ?
I've heard very mixed things from the guys with them on Vettes. I think someone even had one come off at speed and damage the under body.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #12
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
All the wind tunnel testing to get the correct angles in the grill and BAM, plate in the middle. Congrats on ordering your car OP, it looks very nice!
Old 07-24-2015, 04:52 PM   #13
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
I've had my car without a front plate in Tx and I've never been bugged about it so I'd like my next one to NOT have holes drilled into it.....I hated doing it to my first car but I was being super legal back then lol. But it's too beautiful of a car to mess up D:
Old 07-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #14
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
I've never seen a car come from the factory with a front plate. It's always a dealer installed item (and should only be installed upon customer request). I've seen dealers where their whole lot had the paper front plate attached. I would NEVER purchase from them.

I told my last salesman that I wouldn't buy the car if the plate was drilled on. It may be required here but I will choose a non permanent way. Not some holes in the front.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote