Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
L. James
'Vetteran

Drives: 2007 CORVETTE, 2001 Camaro DD
Send a message via MSN to L. James
Let's say my dealer closes...

and I have already put my order in with a confirmation number from that dealer. Hypothetically now my dealer is closed, so does that make my order null and void, or does it transfer with the allotment to another dealer?
L. James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I think we need a GM answer for this. I can guess that the answer we'll get is that GM has no intention of going away and that we need to continue lobbying our elected officials.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
I was TOLD by my dealer that if this haapens GM will still build the car and send it to the closest dealertip to your house....Again I cant confirm this, just what I was told

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
digitalshow

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Good question. Can someone from the "higher-ups" answer this? We just had another Chevy dealer go out of business just 120 miles from here...so I am a little jumpy. I know I probably won't get my $1000 downpayment back...but will I also lose my order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I think we need a GM answer for this. I can guess that the answer we'll get is that GM has no intention of going away and that we need to continue lobbying our elected officials.
digitalshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
"Am I obligated to take delivery through the Dealer I ordered the vehicle?

As indicated in an earlier answer, Dealers are submitting customer orders against an estimated production guide. Unless extenuating circumstances are present, orders cannot be transferred from one Dealer to another."

I'd say this scenario counts as an extenuating circumstance. My suggestion would be to take your order paperwork to another dealer and have them call up their contacts at GM and get it transferred.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'd bet my dollar that if you place an order through "A" and your order is not picked up yet by GM to be built, and the dealer closed up shop, then your order is NOT going to get pulled and made.

But, if your order is pulled and then the dealer goes belly up, your car is still going to be built. If that happened to me, I'd take that order # and go to a different dealer seeing if they can pick it up. It messes up the dealer allocation, but should probably work out....I'd hope.

After all, GM still wants to sell the cars...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
Ok heres what really happens, if the dealer you ordered your car from goes tits up you are screwed. GM doles out the additional allocation (the cars the busted dealer was getting) out to the other dealers but not the sold orders. The other dealers would be free to sell them to whomever they wanted to. I have bought several units from other dealers (bill heard) as well as there incoming allocation but was not given the names of anyobe who had ordered the vehicles. I specifically asked my regional rep from GM why they didnt just give me the customers names and numbers who placed there orders to avoid having upset GM customers but was told that the customer information technically belonged to the selling dealer even though they went under. For example I am not able to receive a dealerships service customer rolls if they go out of business because this is the property of the folding dealer. Its a load of crap for sure but this is how it is handled. If you think your dealer is going under get your deposit back immediatley before you end up in line with all his other creditors that didnt get paid. Aocal dealer went under near me and had 4 sold orders for Silverados, I got the trucks but didnt get the names of the customers who wanted them how stupid was that. I hope this helps answer your question.

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

teamlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #8
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
pretty frkn stupid. Now I gotta keep an eye on my dealer

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:40 AM   #9
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
I have been watching a lot of posts on here from dealers/sellers and am pleased to say this fellow may be the most knowledgeable and honest I have seen. (Bobby Lynn) IMO most of the salesmen, as usual don't know S%*T.

I never bother any more with a salesman as without fail it always seems I know more about the product than he is paid to know. There is way to much crap on here about " my salesman told me " that is just so wrong. It does not matter if it's a Camaro or a Truck...the same thing happens. Tooooo many customers do not get the right information to get the car equiped the way they really wanted.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:17 AM   #10
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
Ok heres what really happens, if the dealer you ordered your car from goes tits up you are screwed. GM doles out the additional allocation (the cars the busted dealer was getting) out to the other dealers but not the sold orders. The other dealers would be free to sell them to whomever they wanted to. I have bought several units from other dealers (bill heard) as well as there incoming allocation but was not given the names of anyobe who had ordered the vehicles. I specifically asked my regional rep from GM why they didnt just give me the customers names and numbers who placed there orders to avoid having upset GM customers but was told that the customer information technically belonged to the selling dealer even though they went under. For example I am not able to receive a dealerships service customer rolls if they go out of business because this is the property of the folding dealer. Its a load of crap for sure but this is how it is handled. If you think your dealer is going under get your deposit back immediatley before you end up in line with all his other creditors that didnt get paid. Aocal dealer went under near me and had 4 sold orders for Silverados, I got the trucks but didnt get the names of the customers who wanted them how stupid was that. I hope this helps answer your question.
This needs to be frikin changed so that GM has the names and addresses of the people who are ordering. This disconnect will only lose loyal customers who did place an order..It should be an easy thing to do to get the order switched if the dealer files for chapter 7. If this happened to me it would be the last time I buy GM for a long time let me tell you.. I'd go buy a Challenger or Mustang if this happened...
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Just realize that if a dealer folds, that is a personally owned dealer and not a GM owned dealer. Don't hold a grudge against GM for someone else causing the problem. I would not doubt one bit that GM wants those pre-ordered cars and trucks paid for. But, if they are not given the info, they can't do it.

Maybe that is a suggestion that GM could take. Have a data system built in to where the customers order information gets "relocated" along with the original axed allocation.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #12
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Thanks for your kind words. I try to answer when I can, ya'll might not like the answers but they will always be truthful. I am an old school kind of guy and I wish there was no disconnect from the customers and the salespeople like there always seems to be. I tell someone I will do something and then I do it its really that simple for me but others seem to always be trying to gain and edge here and there and it usually just ends up alienating the most important piece of the equation the CUSTOMER. If there is no you there is no me sales lesson 101 learn it or die in this career! Again thanks for the props!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
I have been watching a lot of posts on here from dealers/sellers and am pleased to say this fellow may be the most knowledgeable and honest I have seen. (Bobby Lynn) IMO most of the salesmen, as usual don't know S%*T.

I never bother any more with a salesman as without fail it always seems I know more about the product than he is paid to know. There is way to much crap on here about " my salesman told me " that is just so wrong. It does not matter if it's a Camaro or a Truck...the same thing happens. Tooooo many customers do not get the right information to get the car equiped the way they really wanted.

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #13
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

I agree GM should have a system that delivers the ordered units to another dealer WITH the customers information so the customer doesnt get shafted but these dealerships are privately owned and the customers info goes with the dealer even they go under. I think its stupid and if I had an order and was going out of business (Definitley NOT gonna happen) as a courtesy I would hook another dealer and my clients up somehow karma man its important to do the right thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Just realize that if a dealer folds, that is a personally owned dealer and not a GM owned dealer. Don't hold a grudge against GM for someone else causing the problem. I would not doubt one bit that GM wants those pre-ordered cars and trucks paid for. But, if they are not given the info, they can't do it.

Maybe that is a suggestion that GM could take. Have a data system built in to where the customers order information gets "relocated" along with the original axed allocation.

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

Old 12-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #14
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You think you got problems....

My nearest local dealer who's selling for MSRP and taking orders at the moment is telling me I have to give them a $5000 deposit. That's 5 times as much as I would be willing to gamble on them staying in business. I don't think I'm going to be able to get one for a while because of this. I am forced to wait and see what happens with GM and will probably miss out on getting one of the 2010 allocation.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote