Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Caryle Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #15
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
MGW Race Knob!

Decided to upgrade from the factory baseball to the MGW Race knob. This alone makes the world of a difference when driving, can't wait until I pair it with the MGW short throw shifter as well

504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • Corsa xtreme catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:42 AM   #16
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Very nice build! Love the "Gunmetal"....

Keep up the good work and details...

Kurt ABL99
Old 01-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #17
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Very nice build! Love the "Gunmetal"....

Keep up the good work and details...

Kurt ABL99
Thank you sir!
504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • Corsa xtreme catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 01-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #18
Gunmetal Speedster

ZL1 Grille, JRE Scoop, & Roto-Fab W/W Relocation Kit Installation!

I just finished installing the ZL1 grille, Janetty's scoop, and the Roto-Fab windshield washer reservoir relocation kit. Took roughly 8 hours from start to finish. I'm a novice at these things so they take me a bit longer than most people since this is my first time ever really modding a car. I love it though

Here is the JRE scoop pre-install. I painted it flat black with Rustolleum so the bright aluminum wouldn't show through the lower grille when done.

After I finally got the front bumper cover off. She looks ugly without any make up

The JRE scoop after it was installed!

Overhead view of the w/w relocation kit

And finally, the finished product! Very happy with how it turned out. Still waiting on the replacement red SS badge in the mail!

As with most of my installations, you can check out the video at youtube.com/SeekampTV!
Old 01-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #19
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Looking Great! Keep up the good work!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:29 PM   #20
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Looking Great! Keep up the good work!
Thanks fellas!
Old 01-31-2017, 11:07 PM   #21
Gunmetal Speedster

Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback!

I recently got the Stainless Works Retro Chambered catback installed, and I love it! I dont have any pictures really, however here is a video:

Old 03-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #22
Gunmetal Speedster

Anvil Notch Spoiler!

As some of you may know, my girlfriend is awesome haha. For Christmas she ordered me an Anvil Notch rear spoiler along with a set of matte black replacement bezels for under the taillights. Apparently the Anvil spoiler has to be custom made and comes from overseas, as there were many, many delays. She ordered it for me through 1ShopAuto the second week of December and I finally received it on the second day of March. After waiting what feels like an eternity for this awesome thing, I finally received it and had it painted to match my car. Installed it today along with the new bezels and what can I say other than I absolutely love it! The rear end looks so aggressive now. Very happy with the look!

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 03-11-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #23
Gunmetal Speedster

First Dyno!

First off, huge thanks to Jeremy at Weapon X for getting me in and setting everything up to make this a good experience. Really knowledgeable guy and down to earth. I've been wanting to get the car in so I can see what she is putting down currently, that way when they install my cam in a few weeks I'll be able to tell how much I've gained. Please note that I don't have a before chart for this as the car was already partially modded when I got it so I dont have a way of knowing how much it was making before I took over. Also note that this wasn't a dyno tune, just a pull. I have a tune from DynoSteve that has me good to go so no use in getting a dyno tune for the mods that I have. Jeremy said Steve's tune looked pretty good anyway so there wasn't too much he would really change to it, so another bonus for DynoSteve!

Onto the fun stuff! My performance mods at the time of this session are CAI inc intake, Speed Engineering longtubes, cat delete pipes, and Stainless Works retro chambered catback.

As a bonus, if you would like to watch my vlog of it all, you can find it below.

The car did a lot better than I expected it to. I'm attributing this to a happy dyno. I would think realistically it's probably closer to 430rwhp on most dyno's. Also, the shop temp was probably close to 30 degree's this morning so I'm sure that helped. Either way, I'm not complaining as that is a number I'm happy with Can't wait to throw the Night Fury cam in soon and see what she hits with that!
Old 03-28-2017, 03:55 AM   #24
HomerGali

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro
Everything looks AWESOME. I'm very inspired, thanks for the kind words as well.
HomerGali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:04 AM   #25
Gunmetal Speedster

Thank you! And not a problem brother
Old 05-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #26
ItsAstrix

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS
Car looks great, I want my car to look pretty much like that but summit white.. Very nice car.
ItsAstrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #27
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAstrix View Post
Car looks great, I want my car to look pretty much like that but summit white.. Very nice car.
Thank you man!
Old 05-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #28
Gunmetal Speedster

Installing The Cam!

So after what seems like forever, I was able to get in and have my Night Fury cam kit installed along with some other upgrades. Based on the recommendations of the wise members of this forum, my overall cam kit included the following:

- Night Fury Camshaft
- .660" Lift BTR Platinum LS Spring Kit; Titanium Ret., .505" ID .060" Thick Loc., Brown/Black Seals
- BTR Chromoly One Piece Pushrods; 7.400" Long, 5/16" Diameter, .080" Wall, Set of 16
- LS Series 3-Bolt Cam Conversion Kit w/Katech C5R Timing Chain
- LS2 Dampener
- Melling High Pressure/Standard Volume Oil Pump
- ARP Harmonic Balancer Bolt
- Straub Bronze Bushing Rocker Trunion Upgrade
- NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
- Powerbond 25% UDP

Now onto the numbers. Two months ago I went and had a baseline dyno pull done so I could track the progress I was making with the cam. It was roughly 28* outside and in the shop. I wanted to get a baseline done because I wasn't sure if they would have done one before just starting the cam installation, so wanted to cover my bases. Mods at the time were CAI intake, Speed Engineering longtubes, no cats, and Stainless Works retro catback, tuned by SCTx4 via DynoSteve. I believe this was an uncorrected SAE version, as the SAE corrected version actually read about 10HP-12HP lower. This was the printout he gave me though.

To my surprise, they did indeed do a dyno pull before starting the installation. I'm not sure how that works as I removed Steve's tune when I dropped the car off in order to be able to sell the SCTx4. So does that mean the before run was untuned? Or do they tune that as well? either way, here is the printout that measures the before and after result. The temps this past week have been in upper 70's pushing 80% humidity. I have no idea if this is the SAE corrected version or not.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the power the car is currently making. This was done on an AWD Mustang dyno. He told me I could stand to pick up some power if I brought it in on a cooler day or if I went to someone with a Dynojet. Which is weird, considering like most people, I too think this dyno already reads high. Who knows. I'm not very savvy in that department so I just go with whatever the tuner tells me.

Unfortunately, the only sound clip I have is in this vlog I made during this process. I will work on a stand alone sound clip for just the cam idle and rev's, and will update this thread with that link once I've managed to make one. Until then, check out the vid below if you're interested. The sound clips can be found at 6:03 and another at 10:00. Enjoy!

EDIT: Sound clip version only!

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 05-18-2017 at 11:47 PM.