Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Road Rage today...

So im leaving college today, and im about to get on the highway to get home and this older mercury Suv cuts me off (comes within inches of me) and i lay down the horn enough to the point where this older guy stops, gets out, and points at me like i did something wrong.

Now, clearly i didnt know this older "gentleman" and i thought it was comical he assumed he was going to beat my ass or something BUT i dont know what hes capable of, so thats why i safely drove off when he got his dumbass self back in the car...

Do ya'll have any similar stories involving road rage?

And thank God, im fortunate to have a DD, i would bet money that guy would've tried something to my camaro...

Last edited by Lil' Nasty; 02-11-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Correction
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The only recent road rage I've encountered is from this older white Maxima.

I was driving on a fairly crowded road doing 5 over and I wasn't in the fast lane. I notice this Crown Vic going pretty slow and the Maxima was right on top of him. So I slowed down a little to let the Maxima get around the Vic. After about 15 seconds of him not moving, I begin accelerating to pass him. Once I pass him he flies into my lane and starts tailgating me. So I move over into the fast lane to let him go by me. Well he follows me in the fast lane so close I can't even see his headlights, so I turn my lights on and off really fast to make it look like I was braking to get him to back off. Then he moved out of my lane and zoomed by me.

I still don't understand how I pissed him off.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6

Maybe he just wanted to draft.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Was riding home from class the other night, was in the fast lane going past traffic and had a car cut me off (I get extra touchy/paranoid when people do stupid stuff while I'm on the bike). Laid on the horn (not that the guy could hear it at those speeds) flashed my brights at him. Once we got into town, the dude pulls up next to me, honks, and flips me off as if I'M the one that was driving like an idiot...
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
I should probably take some DD classes, but people that ride my ass usually get brake checked and then their assess ridden.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
So im leaving college today, and im about to get on the highway to get home and this older mercury Suv cuts me off (comes within inches of me) and i lay down the horn enough to the point where this older guy stops, gets out, and points at me like i did something wrong.

Now, clearly i didnt know this older "gentleman" and i thought it was comical he assumed he was going to beat my ass or something BUT i dont know what hes capable of, so thats why i safely drove off when he got his dumbass self back in the car...

And thank God, im fortunate to have a DD, i would bet money that guy would've tried something to my camaro...
Since this occurred in FL, you can bet that older "gentleman" was armed.
BTW, the car horn is considered an audible middle finger to many people.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
This happened years ago. My best friend in HS Dad was cut-off on I-95 in Mass, he caught up to the driver exchanged words and jestures. They continued to taunt each other for several miles. Soon they both pulled into a rest area, the driver of the other car got out and started running at my buddies Dad, who had already popped his trunk and pulled a loaded hunting bow out of the trunk, he proceeded to shoot the other driver right through the heart. He pleaded self defense but the jury didn't buy it. Last I heard he was still in prison. One life lost, another ruined over road rage. Be careful who you get into word and jesture rage with.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Oh, I have accepted the ol "pull over and we will talk about it" gesture, so I did. I wasn't mad he cut me off, just pissed and laid on the horn. This big ol' dually pulls over and I pull over behind him, little man gets out with some attitude, as I smile and step out. He sees me and apologizes and get back in his truck and leave. He had a Big Truck, Big Attitude with a body size half mine. Apparently he was not aware he was about to have a conversation with a 230 lb Powerlifter.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
I try my best not to loose my temper. Regardless of how much bigger or stronger you may be to many people carry firearms now a days and are way to quick to pull it out in a situation that could have been avoided.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Was going home from work one day and guy was flying diving in and out of lanes going around people. Came up behind me and stated flailing because I would not get out of his way. When the lane next to me open up he shot into it and as he went by thru a convenience store cup of soda out on my car (not Camaro) I was followed him for a ways then went home and washed soda off.

Funny part town I live in is smallish and 80% of people all work the same place. Sense this happened I have seen where he lives where his girlfriend works where he works and when he goes to work. No I did not go looking for him, went to a friend’s house and when I went in his neighborhood I saw his car in a drive way there and every time I went to friends house it was there. Girlfriend works at olive garden was there when he dropped her off for work; I know where he works and what time he goes there because I see him because I work at the same place just different section.
If I was a vindictive person, I could make his life a mess but I am not. I just call him SODA Boy when I see him he just looks at me funny.
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Oh, I have accepted the ol "pull over and we will talk about it" gesture, so I did. I wasn't mad he cut me off, just pissed and laid on the horn. This big ol' dually pulls over and I pull over behind him, little man gets out with some attitude, as I smile and step out. He sees me and apologizes and get back in his truck and leave. He had a Big Truck, Big Attitude with a body size half mine. Apparently he was not aware he was about to have a conversation with a 230 lb Powerlifter.
I would have paid to see that.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
RatRacer

Drives: 11 Synergy Green LS 15 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster View Post
Was going home from work one day and guy was flying diving in and out of lanes going around people. Came up behind me and stated flailing because I would not get out of his way. When the lane next to me open up he shot into it and as he went by thru a convenience store cup of soda out on my car (not Camaro) I was followed him for a ways then went home and washed soda off.
Much more tolerant than I. You could really make life hell for him, because what he did is a felony if you decided to press it.
RatRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I gget it all the time in the Car but it doesnt bother me. WHen someone gets out of their cars I laugh. I hope they try something lol

But when im on the bike. Shit really pisses me off. The worst I have ever had is while I was riding on the fourth lane on the highway. Lane blocking as you should.
Now, Lane 1, 2 and 3 are perfectly clear. Im checking my mirrors nothing. Now at this point I think now I shouldve checked mirrors more often but anyways this van comes and blows by me, being half in my lane and half on the shoulder.

Now the key thing to remember is lane 1, 2 and 3 are COMPLETELY FREE. This mother****er blows by me at what has to be about 85mph between me and shoulder.
I revmatched downshifted. Caught up to him at onramp. Punched his window to make him roll it down. And just started swearing at the top of my lungs. He kept saying sorry but F*** him, I have never had an incident like that in the past. That was complete negligence on his part. Boils me thinking of it
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post

yup I've had people do that.. it's why I have a dash camera..