Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #57
Igottahaveone
Car lover

Drives: '10 Challenger RT Classic
Challenger R/T! Really though, you should look at what you need in a car or want. Being able to see out, head room, trunk space, the potential to carry passengers. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything. (I have not had a single problem with mine...as with any car, there are bound to be some bad eggs in every bunch). Camaros are sweet too, just wasn't for me. Just do not put another Mustank on the road. :P GL in your decision.
Igottahaveone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #58
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
For the two of you a challenger might be the best pick. It's a two door and has a huge trunk
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #59
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
When i was thinking of geting a new car i was bioist did not even think of looking at dodge or ford i knew it was the camaro. I bleed bow ties . BUT if i was to get any other car it would be the dodge Challenger i love the style and i love the look the stance everthing. IMO its the 2ed greatest looking car on the road today but my .02 cents

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #60
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
they are all nice cars. dodge really did good with the new chargers. i have always thought of them to be a wanna be muscle car.and still kind of do. ya the SRT8 is no joke. but i would rather have a camaro or mustang over a charger or challenger.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #61
Presidentty

Drives: 2006 Chevy Cobalt
I'm in the exact same boat as you man. I have to deceide by November, which is when I plan on getting a new car, but I'm leaning towards a Camaro, because I'm 21 and only young once and I think it's a better overal car as far as looks, features, and people looking at it and saying "damn" when it goes by. And I feel like I'm in a tank when I'm in the challenger,which I don't like. But the seat is bigger and so is the trunk, but I guess my friends who want to ride with me are going to have to suck it up and fit in thr back of my camaro when I get it. So long story short, I'm getting a Camaro and you should too.
Presidentty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #62
iCSpEEdRaCeR

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
like others have said...they're all nice cars. They are pretty different imo. the 392 is nice, but the challenger look is too retro for my taste. the camaro is more modern looking, has a good mechanical setup, and has a good price range...get the ZL if you got he $$$ and can wait. or you can jump on that laguna boss 302 stang...looks cool and goes fast for $$$. There are many choices out there...I went with a 2SS Camaro because for me it was the best looking (been wanting it for years, finally saved up enough $, and still love the look), has good mechanics and reliability, and was within my budget.
iCSpEEdRaCeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:39 AM   #63
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
i love all 3 cars as well and i chose the camaro.
this is the order for me 1. camaro 2. challenger 3. mustang
i went with the camaro cuz it is rly fun to mod and still looks amazing stock also its a little faster then the challenger.
the challenger is a close second but u cant rly mod it appearance wise and still looks cool stock.
mustang doesnt look that great stock but has a million customizations for it and can end up lookin rly cool. u have to make it look different from all the other thousands of mustangs on the road. it is the fastest out of the 3 ill give it that.
hope that helps
Old 09-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #64
SLASH

Drives: F150/1SS/benz
Few years ago i had a 2010 rt challenger and 2010 camaro 2ss, since then i have sold both but they was nice cars, my wife liked the challenger the best, i liked the camaro the best and a few months ago i took the urge to buy a 3rd car and i ordered another camaro that should arrive next week.
SLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #65
frostbit3

Drives: 2011 1LT
It really depends on what you want. I decided the camaro over the challenger mainly because I'm not a big fan of the challengers. Choosing between the Charger and the Camaro on the other hand was a different story. For me, it all came down to exterior looks. I love the way the new camaro's look, and wanted that instead. However, Chargers are about 100 times better as far as interior options go IMO (Blind spot detection, rear camera, 8 inch touch screen, auto high beams, cooled cup holders, keyless ignition, etc.). I just hope one day soon the camaro's will catch up to Dodge in the options, but until then I'm happy with the camaro.
frostbit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #66
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Hi CWO Maddog,
I'd go Camaro, but I'm a little biased as you can see. I have to tell you, every time I embark the Camaro, no matter where I am going, it is always a blast and a great pleasure. I have never had as much fun driving as I have had with my Camaro, as I have been driving since ~1982 about 29 years now. Hope you make the right choice for you!!!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #67
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
Quote:
I work for a Dodge dealer (shhh) and I bought a new Camaro!
Loudest whisper in this post
Old 09-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #68
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
It really depends on what you need it for. Cross-shopping the Charger in that list makes me think you need more room or 4 doors, in which case go with that. If you're looking for more performance, go with the Camaro. If price is no object, go ZL1. Challengers look cool but weigh too much, and the bang/buck ratio is not as high.

I personally went from a Camaro to a Charger because while I loved the Camaro for all the obvious reasons, after it was wrecked I realized that I preferred something with more room, but still wanted something with attitude, comfort, nice interior appointments, power/performance, and affordability. Tell me what else meets those criteria better than a Hemi Charger. Impalas? Taurus SHO? The G8 GXP would be a likely rival but they don't make them anymore.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #69
CWO_Maddog

Drives: 1998 SS (yes, single 3" pipe)
Thanks for all of the help guys/girls! I appreciate everyone taking time out to respond!
CWO_Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #70
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
If you want looks AND performance, the camaro is the way to go. The challenger looks great, but performance-wise doesnt quite measure up to the camaro. But challenger? if it had 2 doors, it wouldnt be too bad. but its a sedan, not a musclecar. Its a NICE sedan, but still a sedan.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote